SiouxSports.com Forum

Yotes VS Hawks

Nodak78

On 3/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Have to establish the run early. Would be nice to have our previous 3rd quarters be our first, and wear them down by half time.

Missouri Valley is a league where running the ball and keeping the other teams D on the field for extended drives pays huge dividends in the 2nd half.  A team just down the road has proven this is a formula for success in this league.

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Last two times UND played USD at the Alerus have been wild.

Ill take something less crazy this time around. 

We came from behind big time in each. Victorious in 2016 & 2011, wild.
Sad part talk on the street was in 2011 that the SD players busted up the visiting locker room in the Alerus.

There was talk that UND's head coach's job was in jeopardy prior to this game. Couple days later and after rumors of USD trashing its Alerus locker room, it was USD coach that was fired.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/5946664-Herald-Top-5-memories-Stunning-fourth-quarter-made-2011-UND-South-Dakota-football-game-unforgettable
SD hasn't won in GF for 35 years, and they blew 20 point leads in these last two games.

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

1 day to go, they are on their way to GF - spending the night, anyone know where? 
They used to stay at the Townhouse. 
Porcelain Smashers (10 yrs ago).

Rooms should be cheap now.  Chilly but cheap.

13 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Rooms should be cheap now.  Chilly but cheap.

Ya, LOL.

They used to have their own buses with South Dakota written in big letters on them.
I need to figure out where there going to be at, would offer to buy the coaches a beer, for old times sake.
Yesterday, I overnight delivery ordered a dozen Porcelain Beer Mugs. I'd have them filled with GF's best draft.
3 boxes came in this morning.

PorcelainMugs.jpg

On 2/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, Nodak78 said:

ok we have a game Thirsday against the Yotes.  Another NCC rival.  So let's take a look at memory lane.

Football 9/16/2017 6:16:00 PM UNDsports.com

Coyotes too much for 10th-ranked Fighting Hawks

Coyotes 45, Hawks 7

Sometimes a ranking can be a distraction.   let's focus on Thursday 5pm.

Remember this game well. I remember going into it thinking some  coach(s?) was/were playing head games with some of the players. 

And a small group of fans that I felt were the most disgusting fans I encountered on a road game