SiouxSports.com Forum

Yotes VS Hawks

Nodak78

14 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

This was one of the most disappointing UND games that I have watched. Let’s not do that again -ever

There has been a lot of up and down FB games on both sides of these two flagship oldest U's in the Dakotas.

The rivalry stems from the time the two teams spent competing together in the North Central Conference (1922–2007) and later in the Great West Conference (2008–2011).

In 2000, the Sitting Bull Trophy was retired, need a substitute now in the MVFC.

FlagshipUn.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fry Bread said:

Best to not count from here on out on two blocked kicks, a lucky fumble recovery in the end zone, a dropped touchdown pass and another td nullified on a tripping call in a game 

I agree with everything but would exclude the tripping penalty. Troops usually happen when a guy if desperate and beat badly.

South Dakota football makes quick turnaround with Thursday game against North Dakota

After spotting Illinois State a 17-0 lead six minutes into the second quarter, the Coyotes roared back to tie it by halftime, thanks mainly to five consecutive turnovers. They wound up taking the lead for good on a third-quarter touchdown, but it took an interception in the end zone by Elijah Reed to seal the victory.

Now, it’s off to North Dakota where the Coyotes will attempt to snap a 13-game losing streak in games played in Grand Forks.

Offensive lineman Mason Scheidigger, a senior, was a late scratch at Illinois State and snapped a streak of 36 consecutive starts. He has been cleared to play this week.

Punter Brady Schutt earned MVFC special teams player of the week honors. He averaged 45.6 yards on seven kicks, pinned two inside the 20-yard line and had three punts of over 50 yards.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/college/south-dakota-football-makes-quick-turnaround-with-thursday-game-against-north-dakota/article_c369acd9-39ff-569b-9e46-44649ba9f33d.html

7 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

Best to not count from here on out on two blocked kicks, a lucky fumble recovery in the end zone, a dropped touchdown pass and another td nullified on a tripping call in a game 

The best part of these two hawk victories is what’s happening at the LOS.  And the best part of what’s happening at the LOS is the fact the hawks are dominating the LOS in the 2nd half. 
If it happens a third game(still a big if) then we can say it’s a trend and these Hawks are something special.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I agree with everything but would exclude the tripping penalty. Troops usually happen when a guy if desperate and beat badly.

On that play I was not paying attention to the line so I totally missed all of that and I waited for a replay but there wasn’t one.   I do think your spot as to why trips happen  

57 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Today is my birthday and there is really only one thing I want- A UND win! I never thought that I would be watching UND football on my birthday but looking at this last year nothing surprises me. LFG!

Have beer when the game starts. Remember is 5 o'clock somewhere

13 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

How about the non hold call on SDSU's long pass for a TD?  I've never seen a no call when an O lineman has ahold of the jersey with full arm extension (arm straight to the side) with Turner a half step from QB......no call. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

How about the non hold call on SDSU's long pass for a TD?  I've never seen a no call when an O lineman has ahold of the jersey with full arm extension (arm straight to the side) with Turner a half step from QB......no call. 

We won because of the refs and we played well in the 2nd half.  The synopsis from Bunny fans who mentioned the refs every time they talked about the game.  SDSU had 80 penalty yards the week before.