SiouxSports.com Forum

Yotes VS Hawks

Nodak78

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

USD had 6 turnovers on ISU's side of the field.

36, 36, 30, 27--all of which they scored points on

40 and 49---they ended up punting on one and turning it over on the other

Final turnover was at their own 16 as time was winding down.

Was it more USD forcing these turnovers or ISU just making terrible mistakes with the ball. Probably a little of both but some of those INT's were bad.

4 hours ago, streetsahead said:

I believe all of their games are streamed on ESPN+ which is $5.99 per month or $60 per year

I have both.  My espn stream has been kinda choppy both weeks but thw midco stream has been smooth.  Midco doesnt have aroku app yet, though.

59 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Don't like this.  They Forced 7 turnovers.  We need to take care of the ball.  They went on the road and beat a very good ISU team, doesn't matter how they got it done.  All the matters is they won.  Need to get going right away and play a complete game.

Have to establish the run early. Would be nice to have our previous 3rd quarters be our first, and wear them down by half time.

15 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I have both.  My espn stream has been kinda choppy both weeks but thw midco stream has been smooth.  Midco doesnt have aroku app yet, though.

The audio has been choppy on ESPN+ for the UND games, but I have watched other games and that wasn't an issue so it leads me to believe it is on the Alerus / Midco end. Something with the setup at the arena.

42 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

The audio has been choppy on ESPN+ for the UND games, but I have watched other games and that wasn't an issue so it leads me to believe it is on the Alerus / Midco end. Something with the setup at the arena.

I agree.  Maybe something to do with Midco sending out their own stream as well?  Like not enough bandwidth?  Because the games stream flawlessly on midco sports plus, and they are at least like 10 seconds ahead of the ESPN stream.  

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I tried to subscribe to the Midco SN streaming service today. It is not available to residents of Colorado or 3 other states. I asked Midco why and they said it’s because of Colorado privacy laws. Makes no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Have to establish the run early. Would be nice to have our previous 3rd quarters be our first, and wear them down by half time.

I'm the last person that should be questioning decisions on the field, but do we not have to get Otis the ball more?  Seems like he gets stronger as the game goes on.  I'd like to see him with 25 touches at least in the run/short screen game.  Maybe a reason he's had success is the staff has kept his touches down early in the games, and then pounded on a tired defense with him later?

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm the last person that should be questioning decisions on the field, but do we not have to get Otis the ball more?  Seems like he gets stronger as the game goes on.  I'd like to see him with 25 touches at least in the run/short screen game.  Maybe a reason he's had success is the staff has kept his touches down early in the games, and then pounded on a tired defense with him later?

It has to do with keeping RB's fresh and less chance for injury.  I remember Santiago injuries and played very little a few games and we relied on the manitoba moose.  The change up was missed.  Keep rotating.  Keep Otis healthy and fresh.  Also wear down the D line.  It's working be happy.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

This, without seeing a hint of Elijah Beach yet this season. Pierre has looked good, too.

Agree about Pierre. Some plays, he's the only one I watch. Great motor.

Is Beach down for awhile??

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

My audio has been choppy also...both games. I guess it's good to know it's nothing on my end. I have resorted to listening to the radio for audio. You get used to the audio and video being out of sync...sort of.

6 hours ago, dden3 said:

I tried to subscribe to the Midco SN streaming service today. It is not available to residents of Colorado or 3 other states. I asked Midco why and they said it’s because of Colorado privacy laws. Makes no sense to me. 

Get yourself a VPN and put it on a server where you can subscribe.  I used to have Ultra VPN.  Only costs I think a couple bucks a month.

8 hours ago, GoHawks said:

7 turnovers is correct. 4 picks and 3 fumbles. Not saying USD didn't play good but ISU just made waaaaay to many mistakes. ISU was up 17-0 at one point and let it slip away. Came back in the 4th and threw another terrible pass that was intercepted. USD had 7 (yes SEVEN) turnovers and only won by 7 points.

South Dakota vs #7 Illinois State Highlights | 2021 Spring College Football Highlights - YouTube

I agree with Hardcore Hawk, their QB looks pretty good.....quick and elusive, likes to buy time and throw down field.  And yeah USD got burned deep a few times.  Maybe this is the week we finally connect on a deep TD.  

1 hour ago, TBR said:

My audio has been choppy also...both games. I guess it's good to know it's nothing on my end. I have resorted to listening to the radio for audio. You get used to the audio and video being out of sync...sort of.

This guy posts highlights of most of the games.  Guessing you're experiencing something similar to the issues in this highlight reel?