SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 8-A Wednesday night date with Jan.

Wilbur

Good to get the win but man we gotta clean some things up. No doubt part of the problem is the lack of depth and just exactly who we are missing but way too many unforced turnovers and a ton of them are happening in that dangerous area that usually transition into a good chance. Weak clears, soft passes off the wall to the middle, blind passes just wanting to get rid of the puck, and just some not very smart decisions. Scheel really played well and came up big on a couple of great opportunities coming off of UND turnovers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I think that Kawaguchi's GWG in overtime is a school record,  for the fastest goal to start overtime.

I think the prior record was from 1957 at 12 seconds.   (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.)

https://siouxsports.com/hockey/history/individual.htm

Should be asterisks with the 3 on 3. Liked it much better when an overtime win meant more.  Hopefully Duluth and St. Cloud go to overtime every time they play the second half.

I gather we're not supposed to talk about it much, but missing three regular D changes so much.  Not only are they not there, but JBD and Kierstad are not real effective because they're so gassed. Add that to the fact that UND is usually a not-yet-very good team in the first third of the year, and this what it looks like. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Berry had every opportunity after Rizzo canceled coming in and MM being released to find/bring in a grinder player. Plenty of them out there. I really wish he did. Team still needs some grit/sandpaper. 

Definitely worth adding a stud desperate to play this year after transfer students were granted immediate eligibility. Gotta be an Ivy senior that graduates at semester or something.

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Berry had every opportunity after Rizzo canceled coming in and MM being released to find/bring in a grinder player. Plenty of them out there. I really wish he did. Team still needs some grit/sandpaper. 

I don't know everything when it comes to student athletes but it would have been too late in the semester no? But he definitely needs another defensive for the second half.

Just now, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Definitely worth adding a stud desperate to play this year after transfer students were granted immediate eligibility. Gotta be an Ivy senior that graduates at semester or something.

There well could be somebody like this out there who is more than a grinder. Don’t know how we would find that person but I’m sure they can get the word out 

6 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I don't know everything when it comes to student athletes but it would have been too late in the semester no? But he definitely needs another defensive for the second half.

To replace MM? I personally thought it was too late in the semester. But Berry definitely should have replaced Rizzo in the summer. There were an abundance of overage forward recruits committed  that could have came in a year early. 

15 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

What’s the cut off date? Can they bring in a body still for next semester?

15 minutes ago, dden3 said:

There well could be somebody like this out there who is more than a grinder. Don’t know how we would find that person but I’m sure they can get the word out 

Not sure if the immediate transfer rule change made a difference in the deadline, and it might have already passed, but as everyone has said for the past nine months, these are unprecedented times.

26 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Is it too late to go out and get someone? I recall years ago Blais bringing in goalie Josh Siembida around the holiday season. Unless the NCAA rules have changed, why can’t we bring in a guy?

Alright, breaking it down:

-Scheel was good.  No bad goals, and two game changers with the glove hand. 

-May have been Reiger's worst game I've seen.  Just got exposed.

-We've got to have a better approach on our odd man rushes.  2-1 we have to get a shot off.  Gooch needs to shoot.  He has had too many chances where he passes up a shot.

-Jasper's goal absolutely should have counted.

-On the shift where they tied it up Ness looked like a frosh.  Lost a race to the puck early, and later missed his outlet pass to the center who was maybe 10 feet away.  He hadn't made it back to the top of the circle before the puck was in the net.  Hopefully a lesson for him.

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Is it too late to go out and get someone? I recall years ago Blais bringing in goalie Josh Siembida around the holiday season. Unless the NCAA rules have changed, why can’t we bring in a guy?

Of course we can add someone at semester break. Happens all the time. Doesn’t mean Berry will want to.  Sometimes it messes with team chemistry. I don’t think he’ll add someone for the sake of having an extra body - they’d have to be able to add something to the team. I’m sure they’ll give it some thought after the pod ends.