SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 8-A Wednesday night date with Jan.

Wilbur

Alright, trying this again.  SCSU absolutely took it to us last time.  So much so that a guy actually came in and made like three different accounts and quoted himself and actually took a shot at me in relation to our once dynastic women's hockey program (which I forwarded to the Lamoureax Twins), all the while pretending to be a UND fan of all things.  Sigh......

Moving on though.  If we only have 5 healthy d-men I'm still in the split up JBD and Kiersted boat.  Have one of them out there at all times and mix in Reiger as a fill in when a guy needs a break.  I think Moore has had to grow up a bit and he's done a nice job.  Nevertheless, their speed absolutely killed us on the rushes and we just didn't battle them hard enough in our own end.

Does Thome get a bounce back opportunity?????  I'll guess nope.

3-3 Overtime tie.  We lose the shootout.   

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Judd and Ethan sound like long term injuries......weeks. 

Thome won't play in this one after his debacle on Saturday. 

Weird. The post game story in the Herald made it sound like Frisch was closer to returning than Caulfield and Blaisdell. And then last week they said Blaisdell was close to returning. I can’t keep up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Weird. The post game story in the Herald made it sound like Frisch was closer to returning than Caulfield and Blaisdell. And then last week they said Blaisdell was close to returning. I can’t keep up. 

Yep....Berry said Frisch hasn't been ruled out for Wednesday....but Saturday/Sunday was more likely.

49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Alright, trying this again.  SCSU absolutely took it to us last time.  So much so that a guy actually came in and made like three different accounts and quoted himself and actually took a shot at me in relation to our once dynastic women's hockey program (which I forwarded to the Lamoureax Twins), all the while pretending to be a UND fan of all things.  Sigh......

Moving on though.  If we only have 5 healthy d-men I'm still in the split up JBD and Kiersted boat.  Have one of them out there at all times and mix in Reiger as a fill in when a guy needs a break.  I think Moore has had to grow up a bit and he's done a nice job.  Nevertheless, their speed absolutely killed us on the rushes and we just didn't battle them hard enough in our own end.

Does Thome get a bounce back opportunity?????  I'll guess nope.

3-3 Overtime tie.  We lose the shootout.   

Now that is a forecast! Can you tell us who the goal scorers will be and who the assists will go to? ;)

20 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Now that is a forecast! Can you tell us who the goal scorers will be and who the assists will go to? ;)

Anyone not named Budy is a candidate.  I've got him in the final of sioux survivor so he won't score. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Things started to turn a little yesterday. The perfect outcomes. UND wins, SCSU / Duluth both lose. This weeks schedule (Wednesday / Saturday / Sunday) seems pretty ideal as well. Three games remaining, if they can string some wins together, as low as things were after the St. Cloud game, they have a chance for a fairly successful Pod. The game of the year coming up on Wednesday. Cannot afford to lose both games to a team you're only going to play twice. Not with so much uncertainty about how the Committee will pick this year field. 

Besides the dumb penalty, Budy seems to be getting up to speed, by the eye test anyway.  Also, Mismash with a couple nice setups for tap-ins. For the freshmen (and Budy isn't really one), hard to believe they're only 12 days into their college careers.  Baptism by fire. 

23 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

I was pleasantly surprised how Mismash played yesterday. He contributed to the team's efforts. Is Jordan going to get his head cleared up before they are done in the pod? He's in some kind of funk. They will beat St. Cloud, I have faith in them to play like they did yesterday.:ohmy:

A win over both SCSU and UMD would be great.  Please.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

With all the grumbling about goaltending, maybe they should go 6 attackers from the start. The strategy? Wear the other team out with icing calls as they try to run up the score. Keep them on the ice for 4, 5 minute shifts. Then we got em right where we want em! :silly:

I figured out who Dean Blais posts as!!!!! :lol:

• Upvote 3

This game and the next are important milestone games for the season. Either wake up and move forward, or drink heavily.  ;)

I agree with breaking up Kiersted and JBD. Make it harder to exploit our short-sided defenseman roster.

Gooch needs to relax a little and get back to the form he was in last year. I think the struggle this season is causing him to play tight and it does not suit him.

Gaber is the real deal. Fun to watch!

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, bcblues said:

This game and the next are important milestone games for the season. Either wake up and move forward, or drink heavily.  ;)

I agree with breaking up Kiersted and JBD. Make it harder to exploit our short-sided defenseman roster.

Gooch needs to relax a little and get back to the form he was in last year. I think the struggle this season is causing him to play tight and it does not suit him.

Gaber is the real deal. Fun to watch!

Truth. He’s getting chances. Just not executing. Plus, after his year, teams know he’s dangerous. I have faith in our offense. The back end is banged up but we’ll get back to 100 soon and have half a season upcoming. 

On 12/14/2020 at 2:16 PM, jk said:

Besides the dumb penalty, Budy seems to be getting up to speed, by the eye test anyway.  Also, Mismash with a couple nice setups for tap-ins. For the freshmen (and Budy isn't really one), hard to believe they're only 12 days into their college careers.  Baptism by fire. 

The old adage -- nobody is a freshman after Christmas -- is more true than ever this year. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm guessing we are the road team today?  More of a reason to split up 3-24 with SCSU getting the last change.  

If it's five defensemen again (like v. WMU) you'll see a continual rotation of who's ready to go back out.