SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

7 hours ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Blackheart thank you for putting all of these games on youtube!!! I wish UND would make old games and jumbotron content available. Any chance that you have both postgames from 2016 frozen four? Thank you sir.

Yeah, it would be nice if UND had a video library that was available to fans.  I had the postgame from the championship game in 2016 bookmarked but it's no longer available for some reason.  I did find the DU press conference; you have to fast forward to about the 10 minute mark to see the actual interviews...

On 3/16/2020 at 6:02 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

2007-2008 season, North Dakota was down 4-1 to George Gwozdecky’s Denver University only for UND to rally with Andrew Kozek scoring the game tying goal and the gaming winning goal ultimately getting a hat trick. It was an awesome game.

Andrew Kozek GWG:

Another fond UND memory from that year is another Andrew Kozek GWG, this time in OT against Wisconsin in the Midwest Regional that was hosted in Madison. This was the year Wisconsin made the tournament with a losing record. Of course, the rule was changed after.

The Denver weekend was needed we had just buried my grandma and I was able to get my cousins up in the student section. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:24 PM, Blackheart said:

2005 East Regional against our friends from Boston College.  Sioux had beaten BU the night before and attempt to win the NCAA 'Beanpot' and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four in Columbus.

I'm relatively new to Sioux nation so loving these old games. This one had a Colby Genoway "goal" waved off after BC goalie Cory Schneider complained that there's no way it went through the goal opening.  @ 6:20 left in the 2nd. 

And what a penalty kill, bunch of 5 on 3 time and BC went 0-9. Jordan Parise was great.

35 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

I'm relatively new to Sioux nation so loving these old games. This one had a Colby Genoway "goal" waved off after BC goalie Cory Schneider complained that there's no way it went through the goal opening.  @ 6:20 left in the 2nd. 

And what a penalty kill, bunch of 5 on 3 time and BC went 0-9. Jordan Parise was great.

Was that when the net got lifted off the ice and Genoway fired it from the side and it went under?

Always great to watch a win over DU. 

While watching I’ve been busy trying to see what has happened with some of th players fromUND Michigan and DU since then. 

Does anybody know if Matt Shaw has landed on his feet?  He had quite a resume before coming to Grand Forks.  Not that we have missed him at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Playoff beards...Ryan Duncan with multiple goals...Jordan Parise tourney MVP...Yup, it's the 2006 Final Five championship against Bob Motzko and the SCSU Huskies!

Thanks for posting this one.  I was at the game but spent entirely too much time pregaming at Alary's and don't remember much......

• Upvote 2

The Sioux curb-stomp Red Berenson and the Wolverines 5-1 at the West Regional at Ralph Engelstad Arena 3/24/06. This is the first time the schools have met in the NCAA's since 1998 when Michigan "hosted" at Yost Arena. At least the Wolverines got a locker room when they came to UND's building.  

Anyone look familiar in this picture?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux curb-stomp Red Berenson and the Wolverines 5-1 at the West Regional at Ralph Engelstad Arena 3/24/06. This is the first time the schools have met in the NCAA's since 1998 when Michigan "hosted" at Yost Arena. At least the Wolverines got a locker room when they came to UND's building.  

Anyone look familiar in this picture?

No effing way. That's @MafiaMan Thanks for sharing that. 

• Like 1