SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

3 hours ago, keikla said:

It's hilarious to hear Mozzocco and Woog just lay into the gopher players in the first period.  "I don't know how they're giving up so many odd man rushes.  They aren't even getting the puck deep enough in the offensive zone to be caught back."  Going on about laziness, etc..  

Good stuff...I have another Friday night beatdown coming your way sometime later today...more lack of effort by our Minnesota friends.

• Upvote 2

Home game in round one of the 2010 WCHA playoffs for UND vs Minny.  Gofer Goalie Alex Kangas says in pregame he hates UND, the building, the fans, the entire state...apparently he hates stopping the puck too as gets yanked after two periods. Sioux cruise 6-0!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, keikla said:

I realize I'm totally looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I have a small request.  Would you be willing to not include the final score in the post?  Even though I watched most of these when they happened, I've long forgotten the scores.  Not knowing beforehand helps keep the excitement and anxiety alive.

No problem

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Home game in round one of the 2010 WCHA playoffs for UND vs Minny.  Gofer Goalie Alex Kangas says in pregame he hates UND, the building, the fans, the entire state...apparently he hates stopping the puck too as gets yanked after two periods. Sioux cruise 6-0!

I have watched a lot of Sioux-Gofer games and this one has to be the least inspired, poorest played, most intimidated Gofer team I remember ever seeing. 

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have watched a lot of Sioux-Gofer games and this one has to be the least inspired, poorest played, most intimidated Gofer team I remember ever seeing. 

We were there with our 16 month old grandson. His second Sioux hockey game. He made it on the big screen.  He's 11 now and possibly a bigger fan than me. Good times, good memories. 

57 minutes ago, keikla said:

Trupp's first game against Manitoba when he had a phenomenal back check to interrupt a breakaway

I really wish that was on video somewhere.  I remember that as well and also recall thinking about what a special forward he would end up being.
I just remember him diving with his stick out-stretched and knocking the puck away while flying through the air.  The Manitoba player had a huge headstart on him too.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, Blackheart said:

Rylan Kaip comes up big as the Sioux erase an early 2 goal deficit on their way to a 4-3 win in the 2006 Final Five.

This probably the best F5 I ever attended.  Started awfully, but as soon as Duncan sniped Elliot the game just had a different feel.  The atmosphere for every game was tremendous.  The 8-7 thriller the next game was a sight to behold.  

I'll never forget the PA guy announcing Earl's diving penalty.  Karma. 

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This probably the best F5 I ever attended.  Started awfully, but as soon as Duncan sniped Elliot the game just had a different feel.  The atmosphere for every game was tremendous.  The 8-7 thriller the next game was a sight to behold.  

I'll never forget the PA guy announcing Earl's diving penalty.  Karma. 

No question this was the best Final 5 in terms of atmosphere. I was there again for this one in my day... Incredible, games and environment were electric and lunacy. So fun! Damn, watching this one brings back great times!

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

How did we not win the National Tournament with that team?  How did the tourney go for us?

If you are talking 06, the first period of the F4 semi against BC was a disaster.  Parise wasn't sharp in net and we were chasing the game the entire way.  Got it back to 6-5, but ran out of time.  

Had they won that one they would of ran into a tough Badger team in Wisconsin in the title game.  That Wisconsin team was loaded. 

59 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If you are talking 06, the first period of the F4 semi against BC was a disaster.  Parise wasn't sharp in net and we were chasing the game the entire way.  Got it back to 6-5, but ran out of time.  

Had they won that one they would of ran into a tough Badger team in Wisconsin in the title game.  That Wisconsin team was loaded. 

The 2006 team was also very young and not ready for the big stage. I wasn't totally surprised they struggled in the national semifinals. The disasters in 2007 and 2008 were much more painful and harder to swallow.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

@Blackheart You have Venmo or Paypal? I'd be happy to donate you some $$$ for all your time for this, would love to reward you and treat yourself. If you don't want anything understood. As you know, all of us here really appreciate it! 

MVP = @Blackheart

Not necessary but thanks anyway...what I really need is to understand why YouTube is now blocking some of the videos.  Anybody out there that is a YouTube guru feel free to contact me and fill me in.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not necessary but thanks anyway...what I really need is to understand why YouTube is now blocking some of the videos.  Anybody out there that is a YouTube guru feel free to contact me and fill me in.  Thanks.

Some of the games I live streamed this season got flagged/blocked for copyright claims after streaming was completed. YouTube would give options to unblock the video such as trimming out sound or footage that contained the copyright claim. However, some of the companies making the claim are just outright ***holes. I streamed the Friday UND/Minnesota game but it is blocked from being viewable cause of a claim and no option to resolve it.

The flagging of copyright seems to be automated because the live streams I did were always private and unlisted yet claims would still be made. I usually waited a month before making the streams publicly viewable(otherwise would need link to stream).

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Some of the games I live streamed this season got flagged/blocked for copyright claims after streaming was completed. YouTube would give options to unblock the video such as trimming out sound or footage that contained the copyright claim. However, some of the companies making the claim are just outright ***holes. I streamed the Friday UND/Minnesota game but it is blocked from being viewable cause of a claim and no option to resolve it.

The flagging of copyright seems to be automated because the live streams I did were always private and unlisted yet claims would still be made. I usually waited a month before making the streams publicly viewable(otherwise would need link to stream).

Yeah, they have blocked 3 games so far (2006 regional against Michigan, 2007 regional against Minny, 2016 Final against the Q) due to copyright reasons...and it's for video content. (usually it's audio)  The gave me an option to trim out certain sections...I thought I would give that a try, but when I go to trim out a 2 minute section,  a new window pops up and it suddenly becomes a 40  minute section...wtf?

Like you said, some of these guys are just outright ***holes...why would you care if somebody made a 15 year old hockey game available on a non-monetized site?

22 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, they have blocked 3 games so far (2006 regional against Michigan, 2007 regional against Minny, 2016 Final against the Q) due to copyright reasons...and it's for video content. (usually it's audio)  The gave me an option to trim out certain sections...I thought I would give that a try, but when I go to trim out a 2 minute section,  a new window pops up and it suddenly becomes a 40  minute section...wtf?

Like you said, some of these guys are just outright ***holes...why would you care if somebody made a 15 year old hockey game available on a non-monetized site?

I think it is similar issue that YouTube user Virgil Moody ran into. They had quite a collection of old UND games uploaded but now most if not all have been removed from their channel. :(  

29 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think it is similar issue that YouTube user Virgil Moody ran into. They had quite a collection of old UND games uploaded but now most if not all have been removed from their channel. :(  

Bummer...well, watch them while you can!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Use YouTube downloader and you can save them all to your computer. 

Good idea...maybe I'll put those 3 games back out there and anyone who wants them can download them to their own pc.  Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Good idea...maybe I'll put those 3 games back out there and anyone who wants them can download them to their own pc.  Thanks!

That'd be most appreciated...I'd like to download the 2016 title game for sure.  Thank you!

On 4/19/2020 at 12:05 AM, brianvf said:

That'd be most appreciated...I'd like to download the 2016 title game for sure.  Thank you!

I'm re-uploading the 2016 championship game right now...I'll put the link here when it's done; download asap before the YouTube police block it again!