SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2023 at 7:14 PM, burd said:

Thinking of cueing up a couple of old games Blackheart put together for us a couple of years ago.   Best 2 or 3 to play back during the dead of college hockey night?

2016 semi’s against DU is always fun…second period of 1997 final against BU not bad either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

First I wish I was as old as y'all think because then I'd be retired. (I'm not @PCM or @Rick old! :D )  

Second, just magnesium. It helps with the restless leg kicking when I sleep. And it helps anxiety too. 

I have bothersome RLS at times.  The magnesium helps, eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What? And spoil it for ya? :huh:

I was sitting there thinking their record was 75-0-5 (or close to that) when they were ahead after two periods so I felt pretty good that they would win. I will admit the sphincter tightened up a tad when DU tied it but I still felt confident that they would win. The kid sitting next to me (young teen) cheered real loud for DU and then for QU in the title game. He wasn't wearing any team gear but I had him pegged as a goofer fan. 

• 4 months later...

First off - looking forward to this year's team making some great Sioux hockey memories!

Also - I'm trying to track down any footage of a game against Denver in the early 80s. Dean Dachysyn went through the penalty box to continue his "conversation" with the opposing player, and a penalty box fight ensued. Hoping to find any pictures or video if they're out there. Thanks in advance!

On 6/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I still clinch up and I know the outcome. :D  

On 6/8/2023 at 12:03 AM, Blackheart said:

2016 semi’s against DU is always fun…second period of 1997 final against BU not bad either.

My avatar picture was taken by College Hockey News at that game when the refs were contemplating giving Stecher a major... That was a hard fought game.