SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Well at least you have them on DVD and can watch them.

Now, where's that 2011 UND vs. Michigan frozen four game I've requested? :-)

I know it was a terrible, terrible loss. I get it, trust me!  I went to the game live (my first frozen four with my old man) I didn't leave my seats and the rink for 30 mins after the game was over.

I've never seen or watched a copy of the game. Someone upload it...

That UND team was special. Let's look at the positives.

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

I know it was a terrible, terrible loss. I get it, trust me!  I went to the game live (my first frozen four with my old man) I didn't leave my seats and the rink for 30 mins after the game was over.

Want to look at the positives from 2011?

Then ask for the 2011 WCHA Final Five title game vs. Denver (an instant classic).

But please don't dredge up that debacle in the X.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

I think I had a copy of that game...pretty sure I burned it though.;)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then ask for the 2011 WCHA Final Five title game vs. Denver (an instant classic).

Is this the Matt Frattin double OT game?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Here's a positive from 2011.   Just before the Final Five title game.  A relatively quiet arena turned raucous very quickly, thanks to some magic from Evan Trupp.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Here's the tourney ending video montage Midwest Sports Channel put together at the conclusion of the championship game...sorry for the poor quality, must have been an old VHS tape.

Was able to pull this off the 1997 Frozen Four tape I have...All the local stations highlights and interviews after the championship game, including ESPN.  In the first clip they show a Grand Forks bantam team watching the game at somebody's house and they interview a young Andy Schneider...I'm guessing that's the same kid that later played for the Sioux.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Was able to pull this off the 1997 Frozen Four tape I have...All the local stations highlights and interviews after the championship game, including ESPN.  In the first clip they show a Grand Forks bantam team watching the game at somebody's house and they interview a young Andy Schneider...I'm guessing that's the same kid that later played for the Sioux.  Enjoy!

Nice job Blackheart! How about that dude with the tucked in hockey jersey...

@Blackheart is the MVP of the sports world right now.

The 97 team made me truly fall in love with the Fighting Sioux.  My dad always talked about how great the program was.  We went to games, but I never really understood until that year.  We lived and died together during that magical run.  

My dad also picked me up early from school so we could watch the Thursday CC beatdown.  My mom was pissed but my dad always said she'd get over it. :lol:

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

@Blackheart is the MVP of the sports world right now.

The 97 team made me truly fall in love with the Fighting Sioux.  My dad always talked about how great the program was.  We went to games, but I never really understood until that year.  We lived and died together during that magical run.  

My dad also picked me up early from school so we could watch the Thursday CC beatdown.  My mom was pissed but my dad always said she'd get over it. :lol:

I think that ‘97 team really brought the hockey program back in a big way.  Dean Blais deserves all the credit he gets.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2020 at 3:21 PM, Blackheart said:

I've got the file for the game uploaded; I only loaded from the second intermission to the end of the game; quite a big file...Nice to hear Sweeney getting all fired up again!

https://youtu.be/ghy8gwG-IuM

Blackheart, all I can say is thank you. I remember watching this game on WDAZ as a young chap, at least a lot younger than a lot on here anyway. I actually emailed Pat Sweeney in 2010 asking whether WDAZ would sell a copy of that game. He surprisingly responded but cited NCAA and UND copyrights. But this was some of the best hockey I’ve seen in a long time. As it happens I stumbled across this today which happens to be my older brother’s birthday. He was a senior at UND that year and was at the game. I sent him the link saying it was my gift to him, and I don’t think he could have asked for anything more. 

• Upvote 2