SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

On 3/27/2020 at 4:39 AM, SiouxForever said:

I’ll donate (I’ve donated multiple times, great kid)  more money again to the Hunter P. Go fund me account if someone can get me the 2011 Michigan vs. UND frozen four game when the frozen four was at the Xcel Energy Center.

5 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

@Blackheart Any interest in uploading 2005 NC championship loss to Denver?

What is wrong with you?  Why would you want to watch those games that ended in such heartbreak?  I'd rather forget them.
While you're at it, maybe we should also rewatch the 2008 "lacrosse" UNH game that ended in OT...or maybe the 2007 butt kicking at the hands of BC in the Denver F4...maybe the 2003 1-0 loss to Denver.
The thread title is "Best Sioux Memories"...you must be one twisted fan if those are some of your best memories.  ;)  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

2005 East Regional against our friends from Boston College.  Sioux had beaten BU the night before and attempt to win the NCAA 'Beanpot' and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four in Columbus.

Best time ever at Joe Senser’s in Bloomington.  The place was packed with North Dakota fans on both nights.  After the 2nd win, the entire crowd of Sioux fans started chanting, “Where’s our Beanpot?”  Great memories.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Blackheart said:

2005 East Regional against our friends from Boston College.  Sioux had beaten BU the night before and attempt to win the NCAA 'Beanpot' and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four in Columbus.

It just doesn’t get much better than Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Kudos to Blackheart. It has been a lot of fun to watch the old games. One thing I have noticed - as I'm sure everyone else has - if they called those games like they call today's games, there would be about 857 penalties per game.:D

Exactly. Can't believe the difference. Plus- no reviews on every goal,penalty. The fact that there was only one referee made a big difference also. Do you think goal judges made any difference on goal reviews, or is it all technology?