SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, burd said:

I wonder who will emerge as the leader(s) on this team.   Poolman was a difference maker in that regard, IMO.

I think its Kierstad's team.  I think he gets named the captain.  Seems like Gooch is a quiet leader. 

C-Kierstad

A-Gooch

A-Senden

A-Adams

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think its Kierstad's team.  I think he gets named the captain.  Seems like Gooch is a 

C-Kierstad

A-Gooch

A-Senden

A-Adams

Those are all good players and maybe would be great captains too. Guys in the past like “The General”, Lamoureux, MacWilliam were not considered great players, good yes but not great, but he/they were the kind of captain who team mates listened to. I don’t know the personalities of these guys well enough to comment much. Senden seems to be that guy who would skate through a brick wall, so he would be my choice. Maybe some one knows more than I, just that because you are a good athlete does not always equate to good captain. 

• Upvote 1

No Western at home, no St Cloud on the road.

Oct. 3 -- MANITOBA (exhibition)

Oct. 9 -- at Bemidji State

Oct. 10 -- BEMIDJI STATE

Oct. 17 -- vs. Penn State (Nashville)

Oct. 23 -- MINNESOTA

Oct. 24 -- MINNESOTA

Oct. 30 -- at Cornell

Oct. 31 -- at Cornell

Nov. 6 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

Nov. 7 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

Nov. 13 -- at Denver

Nov. 14 -- at Denver

Nov. 20 -- MIAMI

Nov. 21 -- MIAMI

Nov. 27 -- NIAGARA

Nov. 28 -- NIAGARA

Dec. 4 -- at Omaha

Dec. 5 -- at Omaha

Dec. 12 -- U.S. UNDER-18 (exhibition)

Jan. 8 -- COLORADO COLLEGE

Jan. 9 -- COLORADO COLLEGE

Jan. 15 -- at Minnesota Duluth

Jan.. 16 -- at Minnesota Duluth

Jan. 22 -- DENVER

Jan.. 23 -- DENVER

Jan. 29 -- at Miami

Jan. 30 -- at Miami

Feb. 12 -- at Western Michigan

Feb. 13 -- at Western Michigan

Feb. 19 -- MINNESOTA DULUTH

Feb. 20 -- MINNESOTA DULUTH

Feb. 26 -- at Colorado College

Feb. 27 -- at Colorado College

March 5 -- OMAHA

March 6 -- OMAHA

March 12-14 -- NCHC first-round series

March 19-20 -- NCHC Frozen Faceoff (St. Paul)

March 26-28 -- NCAA regionals (Fargo)

April 8-10 -- NCAA Frozen Four (Pittsburgh)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Not sure I like the US-18 game on Dec. 12. 

End the first half with an exhibition game and come back cold a month later straight into league play.

I think this schedule, which Schlossman said is tentative and not official, may be missing a non conference series. We had 6 NC last year, only see 5 here.  Plus Penn State game is exempt, and we also had an exempt game last year (Tech). 

If I’m right, I imagine this missing series would take place first weekend in January. We’ll see. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think its Kierstad's team.  I think he gets named the captain.  Seems like Gooch is a quiet leader. 

C-Kierstad

A-Gooch

A-Senden

A-Adams

This team starts and finishes with Kawaguchi. Locker room adores him. Same can be said for Kierstad and Senden, but Guchi has been a captain at every level and I'd be shocked if he's not the C next year.

C - Guchi

A - Kierstad

A - Senden, definitely the C his senior year

A - JBD, if he stays

A - Keane

Keane's move to pull himself from the lineup on senior night, apparently, was incredibly well received by his teammates. So, I think that goes a long way to earn him that character letter.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

October 2020 will determine April 2021...

I’m thinking the level of competition of the Oct. opponents will be relatively high all year. All should finish well so I do not see a losing record against them hurting us greatly. Hard to crown a champion that early. That said, I would hope that we can go 5-2. 

2 minutes ago, Tbone said:

I’m thinking the level of competition of the Oct. opponents will be relatively high all year. All should finish well so I do not see a losing record against them hurting us greatly. Hard to crown a champion that early. That said, I would hope that we can go 5-2. 

Agree you don't crown a champ until April, but those games:  2 vs WCHA, 3 vs Big 10, 2 vs ECAC will be enormous in the PWR.  Sweep (7-0) and it we will lock the COP point vs all 3 of those leagues.

• Upvote 2

Boy I'm looking forward to seeing Sanderson.  I've watched Kleven a few times, but everything you read about Sanderson is so positive.  He's a left handed shot so you could see him play a ton of minutes with JBD this year.  

2020-2021 d core.....

-Bast (R)

-JBD (L).....actually R

-Kleven (L)

-Sanderson (R).....actually L

-Frisch (R)

-Kiersted (L)

-Reiger (R)

-Moore (L)

They have one spot to go.  Gotta be Cooper Moore right?  Or do they bring him and Miller in and Reiger is the Casey Johnson next year?  This was probably posted somewhere.

*The internet has Moore coming in next season....so I changed that.

17 minutes ago, AJS said:

@Wilbur Some corrections - JBD (R), Sanderson (L)

I do think it'll be Moore, but when you look at who your replace Peski (R), Poolman (L), Tychonick (L), it'd make sense to replace with Miller (R), Sanderson (L), Kleven (L)

Jeez, I even after posted their correct shooting side the post before I still got it wrong...:lol: