SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

With Gucci and Kierstad returning even if we lose JDB or Pinto, we don’t want to lose either, we have a ton of talent to figure out how to keep everyone happy. Who comes in, who is asked to play another year of juniors, and who could we lose (recruits or current players) besides JT?

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I agree here.  Hate to speculate about what the issue was.  Extremely short leash, spot on. 

Good luck to the kid.  Duluth loses a lot on the back end, wonder if he looks at them as an option.  

Yeah, it is what it is.  I, for one, was expecting a big junior year from him.  Numbers were decent given the limited playing time.

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

With all due respect, how do you expect Forum Communications to stay in business if they continue giving away everything for free?  

They can do whatever they want.  I can react accordingly.  Round and round we go......

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

With all due respect, how do you expect Forum Communications to stay in business if they continue giving away everything for free?  

Sell and put advertisements on their free online articles. 

Also disappointed to see Tychonick go. 

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Sell and put advertisements on their free online articles. 

Also disappointed to see Tychonick go. 

It's all impression-based these days.  And anyone and everyone is selling digital advertising.  

Staying on topic, was there a cooler sounding name than TY-CON-ICK?  I'll hold.  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Need to evolve the business model.  They are poised to be blacksmiths and Kodak film...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'll see your Naumenko and raise you a Hoogsteen or two.  Tychonick still sounds awesome though.

All time faves:

-Tobey Kvelevog

-Kevin Spiewak

-Jason Noterman

-Mike Commodore

The way the entire arena said Hooooogsteen was epic. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Actually sell advertising on their website. The ads you see are all from remnant networks that get them at best a $3 CPM (Cost per thousand impressions). All then need to do is sell the ads themselves to local businesses and they could bring in at least a $10 CPM. Bottom line is they are not selling their site themselves and charging a membership is lazy. 

• Upvote 2

I know there are still a few people that have to make decisions but gotta like the looks of the lineup.  What are thoughts on lines.  It is hard to know based on junior numbers who will jump in and impress.  A year ago I would have put Budy further up the lineup, and perhaps it will all depend on roles needed, which is why I think Ness has a chance to play.   It will be interesting to see if Bowen is going to play another year of juniors. 

Mismash  - Adams - Kawaguchi

Gaber       -  Pinto     - Rizzo

Blaisdell   -  Weatherby  -  Caulfield

Ness         -  Senden       -   Hain

Keane      -  Budy     -    ?

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

I know there are still a few people that have to make decisions but gotta like the looks of the lineup.  What are thoughts on lines.  It is hard to know based on junior numbers who will jump in and impress.  A year ago I would have put Budy further up the lineup, and perhaps it will all depend on roles needed, which is why I think Ness has a chance to play.   It will be interesting to see if Bowen is going to play another year of juniors. 

Mismash  - Adams - Kawaguchi

Gaber       -  Pinto     - Rizzo

Blaisdell   -  Weatherby  -  Caulfield

Ness         -  Senden       -   Hain

Keane      -  Budy     -    ?

Slide some of those boys up on the second...I get the shiny new object approach but Pinto and two freshman....not a chance :).

I'd slot Blaisdell/Caulfield/Hain up there. Bubs started Hain in the top 6, Icould see him trying that again.  Maybe Blaisdell - Pinto - Caulfield (Blaisdell replaces Michaud). Ok I'll play...

Mismash - Adams - Guch

Blaisdell-Pinto-Caulfield

Hain-Weatherby-Rizzo

Ness-Senden-Gaber

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Slide some of those boys up on the second...I get the shiny new object approach but Pinto and two freshman....not a chance :).

I'd slot Blaisdell/Caulfield/Hain up there. Bubs started Hain in the top 6, Icould see him trying that again.  Maybe Blaisdell - Pinto - Caulfield (Blaisdell replaces Michaud). Ok I'll play...

Mismash - Adams - Guch

Blaisdell-Pinto-Caulfield

Hain-Weatherby-Rizzo

Ness-Senden-Gaber

Mismash - Adams - Kawaguchi

Blaisdell - Pinto - Gaber

Rizzo - Weatherby - Caulfield

Hain - Senden - Ness

I'm pretty close with you what you had.  I know Gaber will be an older freshman, but his G/GP this year in the USHL was .72 , compared to .61 for Brock Boeser's last year in the USHL.  Kid can score.  The center depth on next year's team will be pretty ridiculous.  I can see Weatherby being moved up with Pinto similar to some of the last few games of this year just to get him on the ice more.  

16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Sounds like JBD, Adams, and Grant are coming back.

Where was the confirmation that JBD is coming back?  I don't have a subsciption to the Herald, so I apologize if it was in one of the articles posted today.

7 minutes ago, as15 said:

Where was the confirmation that JBD is coming back?  I don't have a subsciption to the Herald, so I apologize if it was in one of the articles posted today.

It was during a Facebook live fan forum with UND Athletes. It just ended.