SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 National Pairwise National Champion University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks

Frozen4sioux

3 hours ago, NDinCO said:

No banner. But make a display case type-thing in the hallway somewhere to acknowledge the great team, the 'what if', and to document the historic nature of these crazy times we live in. Would be interesting reading 50 years from now.  

I really like this idea.  Putting up a banner and treating it anything like a national title is something that Minnesota would do (and does...see their 1940 "National Champions" banner).  This team deserves to be permanently recognized, but not with a national championship banner.  We're better than that.  I feel terribly for the kids on this year's squad that they weren't given the chance to hang a green banner.  But give them a permanent display to acknowledge what they did was special.  

18 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Maybe a black conference champ banner but nothing else.

I like this idea. Would honor the conference championship and differentiate it from the others. “Unfinished business” for the guys in the business suits. 

• Upvote 1

Seriously....

Stepping away from the OBVIOUS tounge in cheek coping mechanism this thread is.... 

Some type of "Black" or "grey" acknwledment of the 2020 season DOES belong somewhere in the REA, No not amongst the Green Ones.... but somewhere... maybe not the ceiling .... and not thinking about the next ten years but decades down the line....

"Grandpa... Whats that black one with 2020 mean?" ......    

That tells a story, that tells a legend, that may lead to lessons about a lot of other things that are happening now and that our kids kids can hopefully learn from.

I agree about putting a plaque or something like that in the lobby or in the concourse instead of a banner from the rafters.
The plaque could briefly talk about how great this team was in the history of UND teams, and how they (and every other NCAA hockey team) was robbed of the chance to go for the national title.

• Upvote 1

Some assorted thoughts:

- I like the idea of a black conference champs banner

- I also wouldn't mind if every team would hang a black banner that just says "2020"

- The NCAA should establish a precedent for awarding the natty if the championship game can't be played in the future.

- We were totally going to win :-(

32 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Some assorted thoughts:

- I like the idea of a black conference champs banner

- I also wouldn't mind if every team would hang a black banner that just says "2020"

- The NCAA should establish a precedent for awarding the natty if the championship game can't be played in the future.

- We were totally going to win :-(

How about the black banner, illuminated from behind with a soft kelly green light/glow.  You know, like a corona??

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Available at the Sioux Shop

90439DAD-98E0-48C8-BA07-0D8A19E4C478.jpeg

Why would you list the other national championship years?  Are we claiming that we would have won the title had they played the games?  Just seems wrong. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

This is the worst thing that they could do. UND fans would be bashing the crap out of any other school that did something like this. They need to pull this shirts and not even sell them. They are dumb and anyone who buys them should get ridiculed by their own fanbase

Are Mankato, Cornell, BC, DU, or UMD gonna have their version of the '20 shirts?  They all had just as good a shot at winning the title.  Yes, we were #1 in Pairwise but how has that played out in the tournament the past few years?  We were #1 in faceoffs last year; I didn't see any Sioux fans walking around in their '19 shirts this season.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

This is the worst thing that they could do. UND fans would be bashing the crap out of any other school that did something like this. They need to pull this shirts and not even sell them. They are dumb and anyone who buys them should get ridiculed by their own fanbase

Exactly. This is just dumb 

21 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Available at the Sioux Shop

90439DAD-98E0-48C8-BA07-0D8A19E4C478.jpeg

SiouxSports.com:  “Hey, how about a black banner to recognize what could have been this season?”

Someone working at the Sioux Shop during lunch hour on Monday:  “Hey, boss, I just thought of a GREAT idea!”

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

SiouxSports.com:  “Hey, how about a black banner to recognize what could have been this season?”

Someone working at the Sioux Shop during lunch hour on Monday:  “Hey, boss, I just thought of a GREAT idea!”

The fact that they tie the national championship banners on the shirt bugs me more. To me, the "black flag" diminishes their accomplishments.

I hope someone from the siouxshop is reading this forum and sees how stupid these shirts are and they reevaluate what they did.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

We don’t want to be like St Cloud and hang meaningless banners for not winning anything. 

95E6C0B4-1A5D-45CC-B0F4-32055916525F.jpeg

I think we should wall paper the restrooms at the Ralph or maybe the visiting team locker room with participation banners...

• Upvote 1