SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What modification do you anticipate? As long as Georgia stays red in the senate, this election was a win for conservatism. America spoke pretty clearly, they like conservative policies, but dislike trump. Gaining a huge percentage of black men during this election was a coup for the right. I don’t see the GOP needing to change, I see the democrats needing to focus the attention more on its moderate members and telling the squad to go kick rocks.

12% of black men voted for Trump.  That’s a thoroughly awful number.  

Regardless, this election was both a refutation of the Left and a refutation of Trump.  But I'm not sold on the results validating current GOP policy.  Imo, voters thought conservative policy was the lesser of the evils.   

Trump is half-conservative, full-on Cult of Personality.  Other than a handful of political ideologies, the ethos of Trumpism is predicated on identity.    .  Trump's a salesman who plays his base like a fiddle; meanwhile he's expanded government, raised taxes, and is one of the biggest spenders ever.  He’s undermined free markets and raised tariffs (which manifest itself in more taxes).  I mean he’s been forced to spend billions of taxpayer money to subsidize farmers to keep their support because his tariffs ****ed them over.  He's alienated our allies.  He's mainlining foreign workers into the country under H2A program.  Worst of all, the GOP has lost all moral high-ground due to how he conducts himself.  As such, the radical right-wing nutcases are drawn to him.  

It may take some time, but the GOP will eventually take the Trump Trash to the garbage can.  It's the only way the GOP will survive the oncoming demographic upheaval in 20 years.  I think minorities would welcome conservative policy (particularly fiscal policy), but not en masse with Trumpism at the helm.  Trumpism is the refutation of this inevitable social shift.  I mean Jesus Christ the Cult is still waiving confederate flags and Trump rallies are nothing but 24/7 vitriol.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Local high school hockey player I know had all sorts of opportunities to play juniors or midget hockey but stayed to play with his friends because having a season looked likely. 

Kid may jump ship now and join a junior team, because what happens on December 14th when it gets pushed back again?

And who could blame him.

A group of leftist protesters attacked numerous Trump supporters who had finished taking part in a rally on the streets of Washington, DC, on Saturday. In one of the most graphic attacks, a man who tried to fight off an attack is hit from behind while at least two women kick and stomp his head.

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2020/11/14/leftists-mob-stomps-on-head-of-trump-supporter-in-dc-rally/

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I agree. Burgum couldn't handle this any worse. Delay four week. Then he'll delay it again from Dec. 14 until after the holidays at which point he'll pull the plug and we'll all then wait to hear from Biden what else we can't do come end of January.

If there is no spring HS sports in ND for a second consecutive year Burgum might as well pack his bags and move to MN or go north into Canada because he will get chased out of Bismarck.

I dont think people will be waiting until spring.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It would be tempting to walk in and loudly offer a free drink to any health care worker with ID and see how many are out. And then ask why they are out if it’s so terrible. 

This. 

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Ever hear the expression "shooting yourself in the foot"?

1612835326_ScreenShot2020-11-14at8_26_55PM.thumb.png.afe400a4c53d302b089702d4f74c3efb.png

These are girls youth hockey tournaments that were to be hosted in Grand Forks during Burgum's miniature reign of terror.

Hotel revenue. Restaurant revenue. Poof!

Grand Forks gets a black eye in the regional hockey community.

God, I hope the GF hockey association can find a way...some way...to end this nonsense.

The associations absolutely must lead the charge in saying NO to this crap. As well as all other youth sports organizations.

This needs to be joined by every chamber of commerce.

Wheels are in motion, hopefully they raise enough hell.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not quite, but a lot of poiticians seem to think washing your hands and carrying a yard stick is good for all of us.
ND becomes 35th state to require masks.
You know what they'll do next if people will listen to T and fight and make fun of these safe gaurds and keep spreding the virus?

A theme on the D side with politicians is do as I say, not as I do.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-governor-went-party-violated-204247473.html

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Here is the difference between the MAGA nut cases as you say and the thugs Antifa/BLM.  Is if you didn't know.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/blmantifa-thugs-attack-trump-supporters-including-children-after-dc-million-maga-march

Gimme a break.  The MAGA idiots are pulling the same crap.   Appears as if they instigated this fiasco by charging at the Antifa idiots.  America's finest, all around.  

But whatever, you Cult Zombies will always support your own.      

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Gimme a break.  The MAGA idiots are pulling the same crap.   Appears as if they instigated the fiasco by charging at the Antifa idiots.  America's finest, all around.  

But whatever, you Cultists will always support your own.    

There are plenty of videos of stuff going on before this, but you do you.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

There are plenty of videos of stuff going on before this, but you do you.

My point stands.  Everybody partaking in violence should be condemned.    Antifa, MAGA, blm, whoever.   Anyone with a pulse knew these dipshits were gonna start fighting with eachother.  

Unfortunately the Trump Zombies live in a parallel universe where only Antifa is violent.  They take their cue from their master.     

Go get ‘em Trumpsters!  Keep the dream alive!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

My point stands.  Everybody partaking in violence should be condemned.    Antifa, MAGA, blm, whoever.   Anyone with a pulse knew these dipshits were gonna start fighting with eachother.  

Unfortunately the Trump Zombies live in a parallel universe where only Antifa is violent.  They take their cue from their master.     

How long before you condemn BLM/Antifa in Portland give me a break.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

12% of black men voted for Trump.  That’s a thoroughly awful number.  

Regardless, this election was both a refutation of the Left and a refutation of Trump.  But I'm not sold on the results validating current GOP policy.  Imo, voters thought conservative policy was the lesser of the evils.   

Trump is half-conservative, full-on Cult of Personality.  Other than a handful of political ideologies, the ethos of Trumpism is predicated on identity.    .  Trump's a salesman who plays his base like a fiddle; meanwhile he's expanded government, raised taxes, and is one of the biggest spenders ever.  He’s undermined free markets and raised tariffs (which manifest itself in more taxes).  I mean he’s been forced to spend billions of taxpayer money to subsidize farmers to keep their support because his tariffs ****ed them over.  He's alienated our allies.  He's mainlining foreign workers into the country under H2A program.  Worst of all, the GOP has lost all moral high-ground due to how he conducts himself.  As such, the radical right-wing nutcases are drawn to him.  

It may take some time, but the GOP will eventually take the Trump Trash to the garbage can.  It's the only way the GOP will survive the oncoming demographic upheaval in 20 years.  I think minorities would welcome conservative policy (particularly fiscal policy), but not en masse with Trumpism at the helm.  Trumpism is the refutation of this inevitable social shift.  I mean Jesus Christ the Cult is still waiving confederate flags and Trump rallies are nothing but 24/7 vitriol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-men-drifted-democrats-toward-trump-record-numbers-polls-show-n1246447

12%? seems the number is higher than that and has been drifting more conservative for a decade. You say that the GOP has to take notice and change, who are they losing? They’ve gained traction in minority communities. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Your hate colors your opinions.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Also, to say Trump is the cause of all of this division is a cop out. Trump is an effect, not a cause. Which is why the divisiveness won’t leave when Trump does

I was told its systematic division that's been around for hundreds of years.  

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Also, to say Trump is the cause of all of this division is a cop out. Trump is an effect, not a cause. Which is why the divisiveness won’t leave when Trump does

Anyone else get the sense that the Biden election win has emboldened nationwide the demographic that rioted, looted and torched Minneapolis carte blanche to do whatever they want, whenever  they want, wherever they want?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I was told its systematic division that's been around for hundreds of years.  

Exactly, the same people that will tell you that the United States has been racist since it’s inception and without major changes we are doomed to stay racist forever, will tell you that Trump is the reason for the division. Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone else get the sense that the Biden election win has emboldened nationwide the demographic that rioted, looted and torched Minneapolis carte blanche to do whatever they want, whenever  they want, wherever they want?

They just be looking for scapegoat to ignite another outbreak.

Look for manufactured "injustice" January 15thish.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-men-drifted-democrats-toward-trump-record-numbers-polls-show-n1246447

12%? seems the number is higher than that and has been drifting more conservative for a decade. You say that the GOP has to take notice and change, who are they losing? They’ve gained traction in minority communities. 

The D gained more traction, Biden won by over 5M votes.
Traction Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The D gained more traction, Biden won by over 5M more votes.

Let us know what you think of the D’s a year from know when the economy has went to hell with increased taxes, more regulations, shady deals with China, more people on welfare that aren’t citizens, etc.  I hope you enjoy paying for all this, I sure as hell won’t.

‘what are the odds South Korea starts sending missiles up as soon as Biden is in office?

Are there enough moderate Republicans and Democrats to band together into a caucus that actually puts the welfare of America and its people first? Would it be enough to form a powerful centrist third party?

Of course that will never happen, all the money goes to the extreme conservative and liberal factions.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Let us know what you think of the D’s a year from know when the economy has went to hell with increased taxes, more regulations, shady deals with China, more people on welfare that aren’t citizens, etc.  I hope you enjoy paying for all this, I sure as hell won’t.

‘what are the odds South Korea starts sending missiles up as soon as Biden is in office?

You forgot to throw in T's mishandeling of the virus. 
That will have the biggest effect on our economy in next 12 months. What a mess.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You forgot to throw in T's mishandeling of the virus. 
That will have the biggest effect on our economy in next 12 months. What a mess.

How was that done exactly? 

• Upvote 2