SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The D gained more traction, Biden won by over 5M votes.
Traction Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

In the presidency, sure.

But in case you missed high school civics, there were a few more elections of consequence in early November.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Lying about the severity of the virus from the get go.
Making fun of soap, yard sticks, etc.
Helping spread the virus.
etc.

Fair enough.

BTW.....March 18 NYT article 1.7M "could die".

March 19 WaPo article cited a projection of 1.1M deaths.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Kab said:

Haters will hate and I count you in as being a hater 

And from the beginning hate and only hate.

Like all other T haters, has offerend nothing, put forward nothing, and contributed ...NOTHING,  to any type of alternative or potential solution. 

Hate and hate alone, ignorant arrogant spite.

And that doesn't work to administrate a government 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

T was that hated, and is still.
Count me in on that vote.
T = loser.

Democrats hated Reagan.  They hated Bush.  They hated W.  They hated McCain.  They hated Romney.  And they hate Trump with a passion.  No matter who runs in 2024, you’ll hate him or her too.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I assume that the Ds will be OK with the opposition acting like they just did for the next four years.  

Oh no, now it will be those pesky “obstructionist” Republicans who “don’t want to get anything done” again.

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Also, to say Trump is the cause of all of this division is a cop out. Trump is an effect, not a cause. Which is why the divisiveness won’t leave when Trump does

These divisions existed long before President Trump came on scene. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Both parties have turned obstructionist. Unfortunately, I don’t see things changing anytime in the far future.

Sad and not good for our country.

I don't see gridlock as a bad thing. For example, if we agree with the DNC's talking points and message, we'll be fine. They still hate us. However, me personally, I wouldn't ever agree with the Green New Deal, high taxes, Globalism and the crap the Squad and AOC are shoveling. Defund the police is a horrible idea. There are no more Reagan Democrats. Personally, I like the fact that I can drive my truck across the state for 50 dollars. If we subscribe to the left's garbage, I lose $6500.00 of my income and your movement will be limited because of high energy prices. 

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't see gridlock as a bad thing. For example, if we agree with the DNC's talking points and message, we'll be fine. They still hate us. However, me personally, I wouldn't ever agree with the Green New Deal, high taxes, Globalism and the crap the Squad and AOC are shoveling. Defund the police is a horrible idea. There are no more Reagan Democrats. Personally, I like the fact that I can drive my truck across the state for 50 dollars. If we subscribe to the left's garbage, I lose $6500.00 of my income and your movement will be limited because of high energy prices. 

Agree

A certain amount of obstruction is healthy. Total obstruction - not so much if nothing gets done. Personally, I hope things you mentioned do not get enacted as well.

so many wounds inflicted and long memories.

18 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

How much different would Doug’s election margin of victory have been had he pulled this earlier?  Oh welp, at least we’ve got Dr. Becker and the Bastiats to save the day. 

Probably would have been a larger margin over Lenz but Hendrickson might have siphoned some more votes.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Democrats hated Reagan.  They hated Bush.  They hated W.  They hated McCain.  They hated Romney.  And they hate Trump with a passion.  No matter who runs in 2024, you’ll hate him or her too.

So much tolerance

I am for gridlock, although I would rather a moderate approach to all things be the path taken.  I don't think that path is possible anymore, both parties are dominated (not so much by numbers as screamers) by the far left/right of their respective parties. I wish for a third party, a moderate party, but the duopoly is too entrenched for a legit 3rd party, burnt by Perot, never again is a thought I have often.  A moderate movement needs to take over both parties.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You forgot to throw in T's mishandeling of the virus. 
That will have the biggest effect on our economy in next 12 months. What a mess.

Still waiting for the answer. Besides the travel ban on China and Europe, which recommendations of the Fauci team should Trump have ignored? Fauci admitted HE was wrong on the travel ban but Trump did everything else they asked, so where else should Trump have disagreed with them and which actions should they have taken that would have been in opposition to Fauci?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Well the Republicans need to quit nominating bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic candidates who want to starve Children and kill old people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fair enough.

BTW.....March 18 NYT article 1.7M "could die".

March 19 WaPo article cited a projection of 1.1M deaths.

If we are to believe the media and experts and they have given us no reason not to, one could easily make the point that Trump and his Covid team has save well over a million American lives.

14 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

18% of black men voted for Trump.  That’s a thoroughly amazing number.  

With that in mind, this election was both a validation of the Right and a win for Trump. I'm sold on the results validating current GOP policy.  Imo, voters thought conservative policy was better than chaos and communism.   

Trump is half-conservative, full-on Cult of Personality.  Other than a handful of political ideologies, the ethos of Trumpism is predicated on America first.    .  Trump's a businessman who plays his opponents like a fiddle; meanwhile he's reduced government regulation, lowered taxes, and along with Congress still spend a lot federal money like it's Monopoly money.  He’s ripped up NAFTA which was bad for America and raised tariffs (which even the playing field for American manufacturing jobs).  I mean he’s been forced to spend billions of taxpayer money to subsidize farmers because his tariffs will with time even the playing with President Xi.  He's alienated Putin and Xi.  He's mainlining foreign workers into the country under H2A program.  Best of all, the GOP has gained the moral high-ground due to how he conducts himself compared to Bush and Obama.  As such, the left of center, center, and right of center are drawn to him.  

It may take some time, but the GOP will eventually take the Pelosi/ Schumer/ Deep State to the garbage can.  The GOP will survive the oncoming demographic upheaval in 20 years because they have made major inroads with minorities thanks to woman like Candace Owens.  I think minorities did welcome conservative policy (particularly fiscal policy), with the results showing by how many House seats were flipped by minority women.  Trump is the face of this inevitable social shift whether or not AOC likes it not.  I mean Jesus Christ Trump is still waiving USA flags and Trump rallies are nothing but love.

fixed