SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Up to this point, there are more service workers sick than patients? 
This coming from outside activities during non-working hours?

So you're saying there is really no way to contain it.  Got it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is that the basket of deplorable Hillary speaks of?

That could be, and never said it wasn't. While she used it in a 2016 campaign fund raiser speech. Whereas T calling people names continuously.

You do know I didn't vote for Her, the tone of your ?.
You trying to compare Hillary's name calling to T's? Seriously?

15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Up to this point, there are more service workers sick than patients? 
This coming from outside activities during non-working hours?

If masks, worked it shouldn't matter if the providers at nursing homes all came in with raging cases of Covid that they caught in the community.  Masks protect other people right?  Especially properly worn N95 masks?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We may be able to slow it and get vaccines into the population.

But 5 out of every 100 vulnerable people that are vaccinated will still catch it and still have a good chance of dying.  Don't we have to save everybody? 

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That could be, and never said it wasn't. While she used it in a 2016 campaign fund raiser speech. Whereas T calling people names continuously.

You do know I didn't vote for Her, the tone of your ?.
You trying to compare Hillary's name calling to T's? Seriously?

I didn’t vote for trump or hillary

there is a difference between pure hatred and name calling 

have you ever called someone a name?

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We may be able to slow it and get vaccines into the population.

How do you know we haven't slowed it?  What if 5000 a day is the hypothetic high-water mark and we only have 1000 per day?  

Everyone acting like they know what is going on definitively is asinine.

38 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Surely not the Medical Field and science.
There are those who fight the Wear masks, Wash hands, social distancing, and etc. recommendations.
Some just say wearing masks in addressing this, I like to use just wash hands some times when addressing these measures - gets posters to open their minds a little, maybe blinders slip down a little. 

hell, it worked perfect in europe, so trust the science.... ask germany, the UK, spain, italy, ect. how well the masks and lock downs worked...hint:  it didnt

35 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

US electrical grid?

... in January. 

I'm so glad you brought up "January". 

We were closer than many want to admit to rolling blackouts in January 2019. It was overcast, and it was colder than -22F so the auto-disable on the wind towers was active  (to prevent damage from cold). 

https://news.minnkota.com/post/polar-vortex-reflections

Many don't like when I say we need battery technology to advance before we can go renewables (solar, wind). Here's the proof. The only way the lights stayed on was fossil (coal, nat gas) and nuclear, and managing down baseline load (off-peak loads being shut off). 

... and we know Mister Biden and Missus Harris' views on fossil. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, 1972 said:

hell, it worked perfect in europe, so trust the science.... ask germany, the UK, spain, italy, ect. how well the masks and lock downs worked...hint:  it didnt

Lock downs take a lot more on every individuals part, that's the scary one.
How much effort really is it, to do the recommendations being asked to slow the spread to hopefully not have lock down?

Got to go help my son build ice fishing heated tip up boxes, have a safe day. Trying to help SS with fair and honest click bait.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm so glad you brought up "January". 

We were closer than many want to admit to rolling blackouts in January 2019. It was overcast, and it was colder than -22F so the auto-disable on the wind towers was active  (to prevent damage from cold). 

https://news.minnkota.com/post/polar-vortex-reflections

Many don't like when I say we need battery technology to advance before we can go renewables (solar, wind). Here's the proof. The only way the lights stayed on was fossil (coal, nat gas) and nuclear, and managing down baseline load (off-peak loads being shut off). 

I don’t mind wind along with all other sources of,power.

‘my question is what happens to all the old batteries once we do away with fossil fuels, you would think disposing of them would be a problem, maybe California will take them’ 

how do you make batteries without fossil fuels?

7 minutes ago, Kab said:

I don’t mind wind along with all other sources of,power.

‘my question is what happens to all the old batteries once we do away with fossil fuels, you would think disposing of them would be a problem, maybe California will take them’ 

how do you make batteries without fossil fuels?

Yes, old dead batteries are an issue. I'm glad you brought that up. I'd hope the answer would be recycle. 

The question you're not asking is: How are wind towers retired? The answer is ... not well. And it's not just us; the Germans have the same problem.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

How much effort really is it, to do the recommendations being asked to slow the spread to hopefully not have lock down?

Got to go help my son build ice fishing heated tip up boxes, have a safe day. Trying to help SS with fair and honest click bait.

here you go.  Virus going to Virus

https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-pandemics-geneva-coronavirus-pandemic-4e133325afec1d3f309ab184138e6f73

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization has recorded 65 cases of the coronavirus among staff based at its headquarters, including at least one cluster of infections, an internal email obtained by The Associated Press shows, despite the agency’s public assertions that there has been no transmission at the Geneva site.

Last month, Thomas told WHO staffers the agency was restricting access to its Geneva headquarters to critical staffers, including senior directors, their assistants and management officers. “All members for the workforce are reminded to always keep proper hand hygiene, respect physical distancing standards (at least one meter) and wear masks, when distancing is not possible,” he wrote.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

How much effort is it? Maybe you should ask the hundreds of thousands of small business owners in this country who have gone bankrupt since March or on the verge of going bankrupt. Your arrogance insults them.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How much effort is it? Maybe you should ask the hundreds of thousands of small business owners in this country who have gone bankrupt since March or on the verge of going bankrupt. Your arrogance insults them.

It's much easier to control a few monopolistic mega-corps than thousands and thousands of small businesses. 

• Upvote 2

(Credit @Oxbow6 for cluing me in to the site.) 

Why the precipitous hammer-drop in new infections starting ... basically today (no matter the assumptions used). 

http://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/north-dakota?view=infections-testing&tab=trend&test=infections