SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

Nice.   Looks like we're headed for a historic voter turnout.  With a week to go 66 million early ballots have already been cast, which is roughly 48% of the total votes counted in the 2016.  

Should be near 100 million by election day. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

he goes there everyday hoping that the new test is done rectally.

Grandson tested positive.
My first test, I was pre-registered. Sat down for like 30 seconds. Was in the building for like 5 minutes. 
Doesn't look like many people on that pic, but a steady stream of people outside coming in and leaving.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Overall cases drop for 2nd day in a row in ND.....biased media reporting pulls out a cumulative stat article rather than focusing on two days of positive news.  https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6735426-North-Dakota-reports-205-COVID-deaths-in-October-by-far-the-deadliest-month

Just like any set of numbers, there is plenty of information to frame whatever argument you please. 

For example: 
Today, the positivity rate was 14.8% for all tests and 19.8% for those testing for the first time.

7 day rolling average for those numbers are 11.2% and 20.1%.
14 day rolling average is 10.9% and not calcualted for first time testers.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Just like any set of numbers, there is plenty of information to frame whatever argument you please. 

For example: 
Today, the positivity rate was 14.8% for all tests and 19.8% for those testing for the first time.

7 day rolling average for those numbers are 11.2% and 20.1%.
14 day rolling average is 10.9% and not calcualted for first time testers.

So nailing all the 20-40ish year old asymptomatic individuals out there is working.......terrific.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I had the test at the HPC couple hours ago. The swab has left a funny feeling with a little piercing effect that is still linguring.

IMG_20201027_134818925.jpg
Pretty nice green seats. I haven't been in here since they put these in, overall really nice.

Had a little cold and cough, no fever over the weekend. Felt fine other than a little cold on Monday so decided it would be smart to not go into work on Monday even though we all have separate offices. Found out on Monday my sales manager tested positive and since I was in close contact with him the previous Monday I decided to go get tested.

Went to the Saliva testing center in Moorhead. Pretty easy process. They give you a kit, then you need to complete info on your smart phone. Little container with a funnel on top. You spit into until you fill it up to the line. Remove funnel and twist another top onto the container tube until the seal breaks and the blue liquid mixes with your sample. Shake it up for 5-6 seconds and drop it in the bin on your way out. One tip which I had in my mind but instinctively did anyway....while you are completing info on your phone which takes a few minutes try and remember not to swallow.

Got email today saying I should know results within 24-72 hours.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

FiveThirtyEight now giving Biden the lead in Georgia.  Corresponds to the mass turn-out.  

Georgia’s legacy of voter suppression is driving historic Black turnout
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/26/georgia-voter-suppression-black-turnout-432405

“The thing is, this is the largest turnout, I think, statewide that I have ever seen. And that's usually a very good sign. It's a good sign for democracy. Whoever they voted for.”

Former U.N. Ambassador Andrew Young

First, good to see Amb. Young still with us. 

Next, his statement has a bit of a hedge at the end I'd say. 

FiveThirtyEight now giving Biden the lead in Georgia.  Corresponds to the mass turn-out.  

Georgia’s legacy of voter suppression is driving historic Black turnout
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/26/georgia-voter-suppression-black-turnout-432405

Are these votes already being tallied and published? Or will that all stay under wraps until next week?

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Are these votes already being tallied and published? Or will that all stay under wraps until next week?

From what I understand, voter info (who voted) is of public record down there.  How they voted will not be tallied until election day.  

Obviously, predictions can be made predicated on demographic voting patterns and polls of people who already voted.  That said, I'm inclined to think Trump holds on to Georgia.  Nonetheless the fact that Georgia (and Texas for that matter) is in play for the Democrats is pretty crazy.  

Nonetheless the fact that Georgia (and Texas for that matter) is in play for the Democrats is pretty crazy.  

I'll try to do you one better:
Can you believe AZ and MN may switch roles from 2016. 

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So nailing all the 20-40ish year old asymptomatic individuals out there is working.......terrific.

Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't seen the breakdown for tests by age group. But in the grand scheme of things, is it a bad thing for these people to know they have the virus and can't take the appropriate precautions?

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't seen the breakdown for tests by age group. But in the grand scheme of things, is it a bad thing for these people to know they have the virus and can't take the appropriate precautions?

Will they quarantine*? Will they talk to the trackers? 

*Only going to Joe Black on Saturday, instead of hitting three or four pubs, is not quarantine. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I think it can be a bad thing yes. It has changed the way people view how much they can control your personal behavior.  You're not sick, but you test positive for this virus or another one next year. You have to shut down your life and the lives of everyone around you for 10-24 days. That isn't a sustainable way to live.