SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Europe's moves this spring are proving of little to no benefit now. 

Exactly.

I've looked taken the approach in the last 4 or 5 months that the original message we received from leadership was the only pure message, meaning non politically driven. So look at the message in late march and you'll see exactly how this has played out.

-We can't stop this virus, we only hope to not overwhelm the hospitals, so let's shut down for 14 days and ramp up PPE production to make sure aren't overwhelmed.

-Cloth masks have almost no effect and can actually end up being detrimental because people will have a false sense of security, touch their face too often and not use it properly to have any effect(Osterholm quote)

10 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

As a ND resident, I would respectfully beg to differ.  I'd say things in ND got pretty f**king quiet for a while there.  Hair salons and restaurants did not re-open until early May, and even then very slowly.

So many media observers and pundits were basing their 'assessments' of local activity solely on gubernatorial proclamations, which obviously did not tell anything close to the whole story.  Even states with "orders" that were hailed by activists as sensible were chock full of countless exceptions and carve-outs for "essential" activities.

Bottom line, nobody "fully closed down."

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are no "perfect assassins" on this planet. 

However, viruses and sharks come close. Mess with either and they'll get their share. 

People have retreated to their corners on this one, but how can proponents of continued lockdowns and mandated restrictions not see what's happening around the world? Lockdown all you want and you're just kicking the can down the road. 

Protect yourself and protect the vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to keeping the country from collapsing. It's the only way forward on this one no matter how many emotional arguments get made about not caring about Grandma and Grandpa. It's the only way forward.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

As a ND resident, I would respectfully beg to differ.  I'd say things in ND got pretty f**king quiet for a while there.  Hair salons and restaurants did not re-open until early May, and even then very slowly.

So many media observers and pundits were basing their 'assessments' of local activity solely on gubernatorial proclamations, which obviously did not tell anything close to the whole story.  Even states with "orders" that were hailed by activists as sensible were chock full of countless exceptions and carve-outs for "essential" activities.

Correct and we didn't see any major outbreaks among essential workers at least not in Minnesota.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, homer said:

So what’s the reason for the spike in Minnesota? 2,000+ positives yesterday.  Certainly trending upward.  Is that Trumps fault too? 

It's all of a master plan. set forth by Walz.  MN public schools returning to face to face classroom criteria is based on active cases per county per Walz. Schools in MN started after Labor Day. Between September 7 and October 7 the daily tests in MN more than doubled. Coincidence?  Hardly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

People have retreated to their corners on this one, but how can proponents of continued lockdowns and mandated restrictions not see what's happening around the world? Lockdown all you want and you're just kicking the can down the road. 

Protect yourself and protect the vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to keeping the country from collapsing. It's the only way forward on this one no matter how many emotional arguments get made about not caring about Grandma and Grandpa. It's the only way forward.

I have a hunch Biden's "experts" will think differently come February if he wins.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

... criteria is based on active cases per county per Walz ...

Seriously? The raw tally, not a percentage of county population? 

If so, calling a tripwire number and then doubling the testing looking for it is disingenuous at best. 

4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yep. I left NYC at the end of March, and at that point, there was no difference in rules really between here and there. 

Everything here was closed until about the time I finished finals in mid-May. We did the same thing everyone else did at the beginning. Perhaps the state wasn't mandating it? I dont know, all I know is we could only drink at home and we couldn't go to Mass or out to eat lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Seriously? The raw tally, not a percentage of county population? 

If so, calling a tripwire number and then doubling the testing looking for it is disingenuous at best. 

Active cases per 10000 but your last point still is valid.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I have a hunch Biden's "experts" will think differently come February if he wins.

Hopefully no shut down.  We are a quarter into the school year and the kids are still getting caught up.  My first grader's teacher was almost in tears during our Zoom call talking about the kids in his class that have zero support system at home and are reading at sub kindergarten levels. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hopefully no shut down.  We are a quarter into the school year and the kids are still getting caught up.  My first grader's teacher was almost in tears during our Zoom call talking about the kids in his class that have zero support system at home and are reading at sub kindergarten levels. 

Irrelevant argument.  They are super spreaders. STFU and wear a mask you country bumkin.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Hence why schools need to be open. Normally I dont care if America lags other places a bit in education stuff, but having a generation of students losing a year of learning is not great. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't know if Hayduke is gay, but if he is, who cares?  Unless you're 12 (in which case I'll blame your parents), your constant homophobic attacks simply expose you as likely residing in the closet.

Just thought you should know you don't come across as being smart or funny in your posts, in case that was your goal.

That's rich coming from you after reading some of your comments in the hockey thread about bullying yet Hayduke1 is still able to post on this site.

Be better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's rich coming from you after reading some of your comments in the hockey thread about bullying yet Hayduke is still able to post on this site.

Be better.

Because I said Miller should have apologized for bullying and assaulting a kid with a learning disability?

Notice I didn't ban limu emu for his posts, or even reprimand him with a moderator sign-off.

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Because I said Miller should have apologized for bullying and assaulting a kid with a learning disability?

Notice I didn't ban limu emu for his posts, or even reprimand him with a moderator sign-off.

Bullying has different levels and what you feel is acceptable or I should say less offensive?  Physical vs. verbal vs. internet? Just asking for clarification.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bullying has different levels and what you feel is acceptable or I should say less offensive?  Physical vs. verbal vs. internet? Just asking for clarification.

Physical>verbal>internet, but maybe I'm old fashioned.  I could be convinced that internet is worse than verbal, as it's harder to escape.

Hayduke and several others here have posted in this thread in a manner that earns them a personal attack in return.  Choosing to attack with homophobic jokes rather than political name-calling or a simple "x is a moron" seems to tell me more about the attacker than the individual being attacked though.