SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've one.
My grandson is still in Quaratine at home.

He should be free now.  Just make sure he wears a mask at school.  As long as 80 year old Ralph and Betty are now required to wear a mask during their desperately needed Saturday afternoon Scheels run and your grandson wears a mask in school no one will ever get sick again.  Ever. 

16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

He should be free now.  Just make sure he wears a mask at school.  As long as 80 year old Ralph and Betty are now required to wear a mask during their desperately needed Saturday afternoon Scheels run and your grandson wears a mask in school no one will ever get sick again.  Ever. 

Just don't cross the river.......the MDH came out yesterday and stated even with a vaccine social distancing  and masks won't go away. No end game. Ever.

• Upvote 2

Meanwhile another peaceful BLM protest......defending a person that was caught on camera....including two officers with body cams....advancing towards police with a knife....ignoring demands to drop the weapon.....and getting shot because of it.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/west-philadelphia-police-shooting-locust-20201026.html%3foutputType=amp

15 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Meanwhile another peaceful BLM protest......defending a person that was caught on camera....including two officers with body cams....advancing towards police with a knife....ignoring demands to drop the weapon.....and getting shot because of it.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/west-philadelphia-police-shooting-locust-20201026.html%3foutputType=amp

#shoothimintheleg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just don't cross the river.......the MDH came out yesterday and stated even with a vaccine social distancing  and masks won't go away. No end game. Ever.

Setting aside all of the non-sports issues...how much pressure is on jurisdictions with brand new stadiums?  I have to admit, when all this nonsense started, I found strength in the notion that there was NO way that places like LA, Vegas, Arlington, Minneapolis, etc., with brand-new or new-ish, pricey sporting venues, would EVER permit their badly needed revenue streams to be choked dry.  Yet, seven weeks into the NFL season, here we are.

What are the short-, medium-, and long-term economic repercussions here?  Not just the game-day jobs lost, and the collective impact on the local psyche, but on municipal, public-private, and private funding vehicles?  It has to be nothing short of catastrophic.  Those arenas were built with only one business model in mind:  butts in seats.  Lots of butts in seats.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Its almost like some of these individuals have nothing going for them so why not try martyrdom?

Video of people on the scene, mother telling her son to stop. Sounds very familiar. Riots break over night. Only hurts democrat votes leading up to the election in T-minus 7 days. Dems. want to keep any BLM and rights tucked under the rug right now. 

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Its almost like some of these individuals have nothing going for them so why not try martyrdom?

Right.  Seems like there is some bigger "ideology" behind this kind of stupid. 

But then the F-M area has had a prime example of stupid in Faith Dixon.

14 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Video of people on the scene, mother telling her son to stop. Sounds very familiar. Rights break over night. Only hurts democrat votes leading up to the election in T-minus 7 days. Dems. want to keep any BLM and rights tucked under the rug right now. 

It is amazing how quiet BLM and Antifa has gotten over the last couple weeks.....almost like there is some level of coordination in when people are allowed to show they are "outraged".

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It is amazing how quiet BLM and Antifa has gotten over the last couple weeks.....almost like there is some level of coordination in when people are allowed to show they are "outraged".

But but but but.... it's an ideology... not an organization......

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Update on my Covid situation. Myself and both kids negative. Wife still with moderate cold symptoms but lessening.  14 year old daughter complained of a headache for two days and 11 year old son thought his legs were kind of achy for a night. I have no symptoms. 

Good news.  That is what 99% of people under 80 experience. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheFlop said:

I have several videos I would like to post, but Chris Rock answers this situation the best...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

What are the short-, medium-, and long-term economic repercussions here?  Not just the game-day jobs lost, and the collective impact on the local psyche, but on municipal, public-private, and private funding vehicles?  It has to be nothing short of catastrophic.  Those arenas were built with only one business model in mind:  butts in seats.  Lots of butts in seats.

Check back in Feb, by then nearly all will realize this is no sniffle - the economy and stock market will be beat to $h1t. Maybe people will want answers instead of fighting amongst each other. Will everyone eventually be washing their hands, etc?
A sniffle doesn't ruin an economy. Riots get turbo charged.
T lied about the severity of Covid right from the get go, what (maybe even who) else is in this coverup? Will this coverup be passed onto Biden, if he wins?

If this gets you too fired up, read it as purple.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Check back in Feb, by then nearly all will realize this is no sniffle - the economy and stock market will be beat to $h1t. Maybe people will want answers instead of fighting amongst each other. Will everyone eventually be washing their hands, etc?
A sniffle doesn't ruin an economy. Riots get turbo charged.
T lied about the severity of Covid right from the get go, what (maybe even who) else is in this coverup? Will this coverup be passed onto Biden, if he wins?

If this gets you too fired up, read it as purple.

I've never understood this argument about Trump lying about the severity of the virus.  Do you remember how people freaked out and bought all of the toilet paper due to fear of the virus, even after Trump supposedly downplayed it's severity?  Imagine the panic if he came out and said we will need to lock down for a year, hundreds of thousands are going to die, etc, etc.   There's threats to our country all the time, most of them we never even know about.  Why is that?   Because half the country would be hiding in their basement, afraid to come out in public, if they really knew all the threats out there.  Fortunately we are able to mitigate the majority of those, thus, no need to "panic the public."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I've never understood this argument about Trump lying about the severity of the virus.  Do you remember how people freaked out and bought all of the toilet paper due to fear of the virus, even after Trump supposedly downplayed it's severity?  Imagine the panic if he came out and said we will need to lock down for a year, hundreds of thousands are going to die, etc, etc.   There's threats to our country all the time, most of them we never even know about.  Why is that?   Because half the country would be hiding in their basement, afraid to come out in public, if they really knew all the threats out there.  Fortunately we are able to mitigate the majority of those, thus, no need to "panic the public."

We did get the hundreds of thousands dying, there were rumors floating that millions could die. So, there's that.
No way we would of needed a year lock down.
I'm a believer in giving the people the truth, we're a democracy.

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We did get the hundreds of thousands dying, there were rumors floating that millions could die. So, there's that.
No way we would of needed a year lock down.
I'm a believer in giving the people the truth, we're a democracy.

I believe in transparency also. When it comes to the Presidency and the safety of the nation, I believe the President has some discretion to use.   He can't go around "yelling fire in the theatre" based on every threat the country faces.  No President has ever done that and no President ever will.  

• Upvote 2