SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

On 4/19/2020 at 8:12 AM, MafiaMan said:

Based on sample testing from the end of April, nowhere near what they expected. 7.3% is a far cry from being near hers immunity. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-strategy/swedish-antibody-study-shows-long-road-to-immunity-as-covid-19-toll-mounts-idUSKBN22W2YC

20 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How’d you come up with 99.7 because the death rate from the LM infection was worse?

And how many more vulnerable were infected and have passed because of those avoidable outbreaks?

Add up the number of deaths and divide by the number of cases.  Nearly 900 confirmed Smithfield, 2 Dead.  Similar percentage for Tyson.

Second question, statistically speaking, probably a dozen or so folks in the 80+ demo with serious preexisting conditions.

Serious question for people wearing masks based on "science."  When do the masks come off?

Has any authority articulated an objective metric, milestone, or standard?  Or are they just playing it by ear?  Gut feeling?  Wholly subjective observation?  And if so, is that really science?  

I do not know but I suspect that for chemical exposures, there are published, objective criteria (e.g., parts per million, and the like).  After industrial accidents, air quality measurements are taken, restrictions are removed and eventually the all clear is sounded.  Are those authorities making it up on the fly?  Or are they adhering to science?

And what about when one doctor says it's okay to take off the mask, and another doctor doesn't?  Is one of them being more scientific than the other?

Have you even stopped to ask yourself any of these questions?  Shouldn't the mask proponents and advocates be up front and honest with the public?  Or is science another one of those things that only comes into play when it's convenient?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goon said:

You mean the same city that banned any new drive thru’s which have been the answer for keeping restaurants in business is going to find other ways to destroy businesses?  Go figure.

6 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Serious question for people wearing masks based on "science."  When do the masks come off?

Has any authority articulated an objective metric, milestone, or standard?  Or are they just playing it by ear?  Gut feeling?  Wholly subjective observation?  And if so, is that really science?  

I do not know but I suspect that for chemical exposures, there are published, objective criteria (e.g., parts per million, and the like).  After industrial accidents, air quality measurements are taken, restrictions are removed and eventually the all clear is sounded.  Are those authorities making it up on the fly?  Or are they adhering to science?

And what about when one doctor says it's okay to take off the mask, and another doctor doesn't?  Is one of them being more scientific than the other?

Have you even stopped to ask yourself any of these questions?  Shouldn't the mask proponents and advocates be up front and honest with the public?  Or is science another one of those things that only comes into play when it's convenient?

All I know is that if Redneck ever stops wearing a mask, he has some serious explaining to do, because elderly are at risk from the plain flu as well, and as his experts have said, this is going to be around for years.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

You mean the same city that banned any new drive thru’s which have been the answer for keeping restaurants in business is going to find other ways to destroy businesses?  Go figure.

The drive thru rule seems odd to most of us North Dakotans. But have you ever tried using the drive thru at McDonald’s in dinkeytown during the school year (before covid)?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

We’re not losing 1500 Americans daily from the flu. 

Tell me how many North Dakotans pass away from the flu every year, and the numbers from Covid so far.  So, you are the person who designates how many lives lost is acceptable?  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Tell me how many North Dakotans pass away from the flu every year, and the numbers from Covid so far.  So, you are the person who designates how many lives lost is acceptable?  

This season’s ND flu stats can be seen here...

http://www.ndflu.com/

im not the person who decides how many deaths are acceptable. I’d be curious how many you think would be considered unacceptable.

27 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The drive thru rule seems odd to most of us North Dakotans. But have you ever tried using the drive thru at McDonald’s in dinkeytown during the school year (before covid)?

rednecksioux just unmasked himself....no good UND Fighting Sioux fan would go to mcdonalds in dinkeytown of all places and "during the school year".  Please change your name to Redneckgopher

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

This season’s ND flu stats can be seen here...

http://www.ndflu.com/

im not the person who decides how many deaths are acceptable. I’d be curious how many you think would be considered unacceptable.

We have found out that you can take all the precautions, and it doesn’t seem to matter, as has been the case in jails and assisted living centers.  They wear masks and shields and people still die, and are infected. The numbers say that you are very unlikely to get this in passing, but if you are in direct contact for long periods of time.  Don’t know about you, but I have not encountered a person out and about that is eighty and beyond, although I go late to any stores.  If they are out there, you certainly have to question why.

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I’ve been happy and successful under W, Barry, and Orangeman.  I really don’t care about who is in the whitehouse other than matters of international affairs.  To me, domestic policy is local and individual.

the removal of the SALT deduction cost me about $25k in CA.  

I favor repatriation of manufacturing and production, strong trade policy, and a top notch military (but not American Adventure wars).  

government stay out of my way, let me live, raise my family how I see fit.  I’ll pay my taxes to keep the lights on and the powder dry and to have infrastructure.  I would like to see us hammer the rest of the world on their polluting.  

id like to invest in all sorts of things as a country, trouble is we’re broke...not because we don’t make a ton of cash, but because DC spends like a drunken sailor on shore leave...and that’s on Congress...of both parties.

first person i've heard in a long long time refer the SALT deduction...when my ignorant lib friends spout off about how Trump gave a tax cut to the rich I ask them  if they have ever heard of the removal of the Salt deduction and they know to clam up because i'm about to set them straight.

i think the SALT deduction removal is the reason why joe scarbouro "pretends" to film in NYC for his sitcom on msnbc when i fact he films in the basement of his mom's house in Florida.

I’m just tired.   80+...give me a bottle of good scotch and a triple dose of ketamine.  Honsestly.  I don’t wish Ill upon anyone, but what would you do?  Hold on for one more Christmas?   Stop the world for one. Ire trip to Walmart or the fair?  

for a number of USA deaths comparison:

Last years flu deaths: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html which is 34,000 (varies yearly by dominant strains)

So far with Covid 2020: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en which is 95000 deaths (some states overestimated).

A lot of deaths annually from flu but no nation-wide shutdown articles about protecting from flu are seen

48 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

….and if McFeely calls out Walz for being a complete idiot based on his decisions he made on Wednesday you know Walz really messed up.

I've honestly haven't seen anything down here that is praising the decision.   Hospitality MN has stated that the outdoor patio was never discussed.

It has been hinted that someone in MDH got into the Governors ear. 

1 hour ago, keikla said:

So basically you're saying that there have been 3x as many deaths from covid than the flu, despite the fact that it's only been over 3 months instead of an entire flu season, AND a nationwide shut down was in place to minimize spread.

I'm all for finding a reasonably safe, educated way to get things going again, but I think your post supports the opposite point of what you likely intended.

Take the bad 2017-2018 flu season when 79k people died from it.......and add in the extra Covid-19 level of hyper-sensitivity in counting deaths which would shoot that number much higher .....and you have our current Covid-19 situation (minus the crashed economy of course).  

The doctors that keep refusing to take a big picture perspective of this virus are just as guilty as any leadership or media entity is in my opinion.  700 of your medical brothers and sisters just lost their jobs in largely unaffected ND and most of MN......but yet few doctors are willing to speak up against the ridiculousness of it all.

32 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Take the bad 2017-2018 flu season when 79k people died from it.......and add in the extra Covid-19 level of hyper-sensitivity in counting deaths which would shoot that number much higher .....and you have our current Covid-19 situation (minus the crashed economy of course).  

Have you ever looked into how that number is calculated? If you're going to question Covid-19 numbers and but assume flu numbers are even close to accurate...