SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

No sh×t Fauci, you idiot. People much smarter than him have been saying this for a month or more.  He could only see things through his narrow lens and nobody can argue because of liability issues based on his findings and recommendations.  

"Expert": One dimensional thinking on a multidimensional problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Expert": One dimensional thinking on a multidimensional problem.

Fauci has openly admitted that his information is from the medical side of the equation only, and it's on a novel virus that the smartest people in the world in that field are still learning a ton about it. He's never claimed to be giving advice on the entire problem (nor advocated for strict/permanent lockdowns as the only solution) and stated his information needs to be weighed with other factors. Politicians have economic experts they are relying on to give the other side of the equation. How they choose to balance that is what they are elected to do. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/i-m-going-keep-pushing-anthony-fauci-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

Q: I’m curious about some things that aren’t happening on a national scale. One is, why are shelter in place orders happening state by state? Why are we doing this sequentially? Is that a mistake?

A: No, I don’t think we could say it’s a mistake or not a mistake. There is a discussion and a delicate balance about what’s the overall impact of shutting everything down completely for an indefinite period of time. So, there’s a compromise. If you knock down the economy completely and disrupt infrastructure, you may be causing health issues, unintended consequences, for people who need to be able to get to places and can’t. You do the best you can. I’ve emphasized very emphatically at every press conference, that everybody in the country, at a minimum, should be following the fundamental guidelines. Elderly, stay out of society in self isolation. Don’t go to work if you don’t have to. Yada, yada, yada. No bars, no restaurants, no nothing. Only essential services. When you get a place like New York or Washington or California, you have got to ratchet it up. But it is felt—and it isn’t me only speaking, it’s a bunch of people who make the decisions—that if you lock down everything now, you’re going to crash the whole society. So, you do what you can do, as best as you can. Do as much physical separation as you can and ratchet it up at the places you know are at highest risk.

• Upvote 1

Illinois Governor Pritzker:  It’s not safe for Illinois residents to go to church!

Also Illinois Governor Pritzker:  It is safe, however, for the construction crew I hired to go across state lines and build my horse mansion in Wisconsin.

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, keikla said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I would be very surprised if they test it in culture.  We're part of the Mayo Clinic's official study on convalescent plasma, so it's not an internal process for us, and I'm not privy to much of the behind the scenes info related to it.  

I am guessing most places are not setup to test convalescent plasma in culture (no BSL3).   A preliminary matched control study in NY appears to show that 80% of convalescent plasma recipients survive, but plasma does not work after intubation (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.20.20102236v1.full.pdf).

31 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Just read 81% of Canada’s deaths have been nursing home residents

I've seen that number someplace before........

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Fauci has openly admitted that his information is from the medical side of the equation only, and it's on a novel virus that the smartest people in the world in that field are still learning a ton about it. He's never claimed to be giving advice on the entire problem (nor advocated for strict/permanent lockdowns as the only solution) and stated his information needs to be weighed with other factors. Politicians have economic experts they are relying on to give the other side of the equation. How they choose to balance that is what they are elected to do. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/i-m-going-keep-pushing-anthony-fauci-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

Let's be fair........Fauci's been a disaster.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Saw my first face shield in public.

Can we shame people who shame nonmasks wears for not being faceshield wears?

Because then it doesnt matter if the nonmask wears aren't wearing masks.

Went to Home Depot for a pickup order. 90% in store with no masks. Majority of employees had no masks on.  Saw 7 African Americans in store......high risk group. One had a mask on. 

21 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Saw my first face shield in public.

Can we shame people who shame nonmasks wears for not being faceshield wears?

Because then it doesnt matter if the nonmask wears aren't wearing masks.

redneckgopher is currently shopping for his faceshield to be the first one to wear one at trader joes and scowl at the cloth mask wearers while buying organic ovacados

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

redneckgopher is currently shopping for his faceshield to be the first one to wear one at trader joes and scowl at the cloth mask wearers while buying organic ovacados

Wait, wha?  NoDak has a Trader Joe’s?

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Went to Home Depot for a pickup order. 90% in store with no masks. Majority of employees had no masks on.  Saw 7 African Americans in store......high risk group. One had a mask on. 

I’ve witnessed just the opposite at several HDs in Minneapolis and even the one in Fergus Falls... and I made it past the customer support counter.  This was before the mayor’s mandate too.

14 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I’ve witnessed just the opposite at several HDs in Minneapolis and even the one in Fergus Falls... and I made it past the customer support counter.  This was before the mayor’s mandate too.

Maybe those in MN think the virus is more racist than those in ND?

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter just showed me a pic off of Twitter of Alyssa Milano wearing a......... crocheted mask! 

You just can't make this s**t up.

Actually, you can.  Milano says it had a carbon filter inside.  

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Actually, you can.  Milano says it had a carbon filter inside.  

Of course it did........how did anyone else miss that? Ventilator not included.

• Upvote 1