SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Anyone notice that Burgum granted local leaders authority to quarantine or set restrictions yesterday? I didn't realize they couldn't already do this, but it doesn't matter, now they have the authority.

I'm curious what sparked this change. Were local leaders asking for this? 

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Anyone notice that Burgum granted local leaders authority to quarantine or set restrictions yesterday? I didn't realize they couldn't already do this, but it doesn't matter, now they have the authority.

I'm curious what sparked this change. Were local leaders asking for this? 

He was also quoted that it was "disappointing" to see the low testing numbers (240) and confirmed cases (17) for the day in his press conference yesterday as well. Interesting take that the lowest confirmed cases in a single day since 4/13 would be "disappointing" to the governor of ND.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

He was also quoted that it was "disappointing" to see the low testing numbers (240) and confirmed cases (17) for the day in his press conference yesterday as well. Interesting take that the lowest confirmed cases in a single day since 4/13 would be "disappointing" to the governor of ND.

Yeah it seemed a little odd, and then he encouraged people to press their providers to get them tested if they want to be tested. If the testing resources are available, why aren't more LM people getting tested? Why hasn't the mass testing at the state's long term care facilities started yet?

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yeah it seemed a little odd, and then he encouraged people to press their providers to get them tested if they want to be tested. If the testing resources are available, why aren't more LM people getting tested? Why hasn't the mass testing at the state's long term care facilities started yet?

I agree his comments didn’t make a lot of sense. Maybe he was still celebrating 4/20. 

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So a gazillion more tests really wouldn't do much if no one is going to use them.

In the Grand Forks area if they are truly using contact tracing there will be a ton of people to test. 900 LM employees, all of their family members, and contacts from the past few weeks. I suspect some are a little overwhelmed and the fact that people aren't getting tested on their own means more work ahead for the dept of health.

47 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

In the Grand Forks area if they are truly using contact tracing there will be a ton of people to test. 900 LM employees, all of their family members, and contacts from the past few weeks. I suspect some are a little overwhelmed and the fact that people aren't getting tested on their own means more work ahead for the dept of health.

You want the health department to knock on, how many degrees of Kevin Bacon, doors and demand they take a test?

USS Comfort will leave NYC after treating 179 patients in 3 weeks.  NYC says the conversion of the Javits Convention Center into a temporary hospital reduces the need for the medical ship.  Turns out the ship wasn't ever really necessary, but it's good to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

USS Comfort will leave NYC after treating 179 patients in 3 weeks.  NYC says the conversion of the Javits Convention Center into a temporary hospital reduces the need for the medical ship.  Turns out the ship wasn't every really necessary, but it's good to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Doc Bricker hardly broke a sweat.

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You want the health department to knock on, how many degrees of Kevin Bacon, doors and demand they take a test?

If we are going to begin to open things up in the state we need to have the capacity to contract trace and test. Yeah this is on the general public to get tested if you show symptoms but if there is contract tracing to be done we need to get it done.

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If we are going to begin to open things up in the state we need to have the capacity to contract trace and test. Yeah this is on the general public to get tested if you show symptoms but if there is contract tracing to be done we need to get it done.

Just curious who though and how?

Demand people go to drive up test sites?

Businesses before employees are allowed to work?

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/press-release-04-21-20-early.aspx

California saying they had a Coronavirus death on 2/6, 3 weeks before the previously recorded first US death on 2/28.

If only Newsom had that info weeks ago he could have had the sand truck come in sooner.

So, the question is, how many have already been exposed to the COVID-19?

The survey results, from Germany, the Netherlands, and several locations in the United States, find that anywhere from 2% to 30% of certain populations have already been infected with the virus. The numbers imply that confirmed COVID-19 cases are an even smaller fraction of the true number of people infected than many had estimated and that the vast majority of infections are mild. But many scientists question the accuracy of the antibody tests and complain that several of the research groups announced their findings in the press rather than in preprints or published papers, where their data could be scrutinized. Critics are also wary because some of the researchers are on record advocating for an early end to lockdowns and other control measures, and claim the new prevalence figures support that call.

• Upvote 2

True contract tracing is basically moot, unless we start using antibody testing those people who " think they probably had it back in January or Feb or before.

Are more people dying than "normal" baseline deathrates in any  state or region?

When we highlight every death it magnifies this thing but, would many of these people died of a fall, or respiratory failure, or something else.

All of the data and daily testing is only telling us a snapshot of information that is extreamly incomplete. Its like counting shots on goal but completely ignoring shot attempts and the players who had the puck earlier.

Hospitalization data is pertinent obviously, but in reality out of contextual data of previous hospital occupancy, it doesnt mean nearly as much.

Corona is a bad bad bug, it can kill.

I'm almost sure ive already been a carrier befor the media feasted on it. Most likely the same is true of you.

I dont want to die of corona but i also dont want to die of starvation or famine or unrest at economic and social destruction at the hands of misplaced reactions, and I dont want to be left with the financial option of having to borrow a bullet and rent a gun. Which is a very real reality for an exponentially increasing segments of our population.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I dont want to die of corona but i also dont want to die of starvation or famine or unrest at economic and social destruction at the hands of misplaced reactions, and I dont want to be left with the financial option of having to borrow a bullet and rent a gun. Which is a very real reality for an exponentially increasing segments of our population.

So on that note the weekly jobless claims report comes out tomorrow morning.

Opening line is another 4.2M

Hopefully states and cities and counties are more prepared this coming winter and have their supplies ready to go

what kind of state department of health doesn’t know what labs are in the state and what they are capable of doing? Apparently most states are that way

the way of the future is quick at home testing for things just like diabetes finger sticks.

the federal government should have been locked down in Washington and shouldn’t be able to leave until they have a plan which would include how to pay this debt back and how not to depend on China or any other country.