SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Apologies. I sometimes forget that while in late February, the rest of the world was already enacting measures to limit the spread of Coronavirus, the U.S. was still hearing "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

In late February, I had a minor cough and runny nose. The second I felt a tiny bit sick, I left work to finish the rest of the day at home. For the next two weeks, I limited my time in stores and only returned back to work after three days of no symptoms. I certainly wasn't alone in those actions either.

Eventually people will realize. Yeah you got a virus? No you do not have the right to share it with others. 

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Georgia is going to be the first to test the waters in a limited fashion.

Can anyone tell me why ND could not open in exact same fashion above as Georgia on May 1?

Per million Georgia has 2x the confirmed cases and 4x the deaths as ND.

BTW...total hospitalizations to date in ND are at 53. Currently 17 inpatient. Fargodome still has 200 beds available. 

...and if you think Fauci walks on water at minimum 168000 ND residents "probably", we love that term here, have been infected.

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can anyone tell me why ND could not open in exact same fashion above as Georgia on May 1?

Per million Georgia has 2x the confirmed cases and 4x the deaths as ND.

BTW...total hospitalizations to date in ND are at 53. Currently 17 inpatient. Fargodome still has 200 beds available. 

Exactly.  That would be ND smart.

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Eventually people will realize. Yeah you got a virus? No you do not have the right to share it with others. 

While you are making the absolute argument that no one should ever have to pay the price for the bad decisions/bad luck of others.......let's also get rid of welfare/food stamps, the idea of second chances (and 3rd/4th/5th etc chances) for alcoholics and druggies, and also 350lb guys that try to fit into a coach seat on an airplane.  Those impact me in the form of finances (increased taxes)....safety......and freedom of movement.  The only way to protect everyone from ever getting sick is to stop living life at which point....what's the point? 

Maybe if I catch Covid-19 I will just clamor until I can get it to be considered a disability......that seems to work out good for many.  

• Upvote 1

BTW........if you need someone to tell you you have to stay tucked away in your basement because you personally live in fear you're either a lemming or "idiot".....or both. You're just looking for someone to pander to your fears. If you want to continue to stay holed up thru Thanksgiving no one is going to stop you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

So during an emerging pandemic you chose to go to a hockey game while sick? I believe others have provided different definitions of the word idiot, but would certainly fit.

If it was known as an emerging pandemic at that time, why then, a week later, was de Blasio, and every other high ranking official in his administration in NYC encouraging everyone to get out and about, go to parades, and live life normally?

59 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Apologies. I sometimes forget that while in late February, the rest of the world was already enacting measures to limit the spread of Coronavirus, the U.S. was still hearing "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

In late February, I had a minor cough and runny nose. The second I felt a tiny bit sick, I left work to finish the rest of the day at home. For the next two weeks, I limited my time in stores and only returned back to work after three days of no symptoms. I certainly wasn't alone in those actions either.

There wasn’t one politician from either party recommending we stay home in Feb.  I’m certain the talking heads from both parties were business as usual.  If a person is basing personal choices off of press conferences they were likely let down by both parties   

• Upvote 2

220px-Nobel_Prize.png.15ce3b74e9587afa8c3a3d27068c5aae.png

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

While you are making the absolute argument that no one should ever have to pay the price for the bad decisions/bad luck of others.......let's also get rid of welfare/food stamps, the idea of second chances (and 3rd/4th/5th etc chances) for alcoholics and druggies, and also 350lb guys that try to fit into a coach seat on an airplane.  Those impact me in the form of finances (increased taxes)....safety......and freedom of movement.  The only way to protect everyone from ever getting sick is to stop living life at which point....what's the point? 

Maybe if I catch Covid-19 I will just clamor until I can get it to be considered a disability......that seems to work out good for many.  

I'm sorry that the statement "if you are sick stay home" infringes on your rights, but it's the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Please correct me if I am wrong: They have reported on it. But Gilead used a small sample size. Not officially proven yet. The FDA has not approved it. No government approved it as an official response/guideline to treat. The information about the trial was not suppose to be made public and there are investigations into the company for manipulation.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/us/sec-investigation-request-coronavirus-drug-leak-remdesivir/index.html

29 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If it was known as an emerging pandemic at that time, why then, a week later, was de Blasio, and every other high ranking official in his administration in NYC encouraging everyone to get out and about, go to parades, and live life normally?

Dr. Anthony Fauci On February 29: At This Time There Is No Need To Change Your Habits Over Coronavirus

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Massive screenshot

In the future, please copy/paste the text as plain text into a post instead of as a screenshot.

Also, since Sicatoka is such a stickler for the rules and consistently enforces them across the board, it'd be nice if you linked to the article in question: Also be sure to cite, and link if possible, the original source. Reward other sites for their quality material by sending them traffic (as opposed to stealing and reproducing their content).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:
Horribly formatted text from conservative political site

As I mentioned prior, I sometimes forget that the U.S. didn't take this as seriously as the rest of the world in mid/late February. That's not a political thing, it's a failure across the board to recognize the seriousness of coronavirus. In late February, we were worried about the large gatherings in Cologne for Carnival and other large groupings.

On a more serious note, Oktoberfest has been cancelled this year :sad: and all large events are cancelled through August 31st, including the Oberammergau Passion play that is only held every 10 years and includes more than 1,500 city residents in the play.

33 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I'm sorry that the statement "if you are sick stay home" infringes on your rights, but it's the right thing to do.

See that's the problem.  That's not the current statement.  The current statement is "whether there is a good chance you will come in contact with a virus carrier or not......whether you have any pre-existing conditions that put you at higher risk or not.......whether you as a worker/business owner take proper precautions or not......whether you even have the virus or not.....you MUST stay home."

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

See that's the problem.  That's not the current statement.  The current statement is "whether there is a good chance you will come in contact with a virus carrier or not......whether you have any pre-existing conditions that put you at higher risk or not.......whether you as a worker/business owner take proper precautions or not......whether you even have the virus or not.....you MUST stay home."

I don’t know where you live but that’s not the current statement in North Dakota.

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

I assume Mafiaman will be the first in line to pick up the need for farming or factory jobs.

You’re a class act all the way.southpaw, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Poking fun at me to own the conservatives on the board. Nicely done.

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You’re a class act all the way.southpaw, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Poking fun at me to own the conservatives on the board. Nicely done.

You and I have met both his parents. Great people. At least we know they are proud of one of their children that posts on this site.

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Not all heroes wear capes.  Some storm beaches at Normandy on D-Day.  Others limit their time in stores when they have a runny nose.  

I’m curious if you ran into any vulnerable adults while in said stores in those “limited” times...

• Upvote 1

In the future, please copy/paste the text as plain text into a post instead of as a screenshot.

Also, since Sicatoka is such a stickler for the rules and consistently enforces them across the board, it'd be nice if you linked to the article in question: Also be sure to cite, and link if possible, the original source. Reward other sites for their quality material by sending them traffic (as opposed to stealing and reproducing their content).

E.A.D.

29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You and I have met both his parents. Great people. At least we know they are proud of one of their children that posts on this site.

I too have met mafiaman and donated multiple times to giveaways for the hoggsbreath. Fortunately, I don't equate posts on a message board to the quality of a person. If I had, I'd assume you don't give a !@#$ about anyone over 45, which would wouldn't put you anywhere near a quality person here.