SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yes, but I think you're going to be hard pressed to find anyone who did this as a randomized controlled study, except in very small studies.  Properly designed studies not only take a significant amount of time but also a significant amount of money.  Neither of those things are readily available for most hospitals right now.

We've been reviewing literature daily to see what else is out there that may apply to our treatment protocols.  That being said, when there isn't much evidence-based medicine, you have to be able to make quick changes.  For example, when it was first noticed that hyper-coagulation was being seen in many patients, we rolled out a new treatment protocol that incorporated anticoagulation but was also somewhat conservative.  After just a few days, we immediately ramped up the intensity of that treatment protocol because the effect was so noticeable in our ICU patients.  When necessity has most hospitals treating and modifying on the fly, it makes it very difficult to structure a proper study.

I don't blame the hospitals for adjusting quickly, it's to be commended.  I simply disagree with drawing too strong a conclusion from this analysis of data that could be seriously flawed.

• Upvote 1

Feeling fortunate that my grandson has continued to attend preschool with all his friends and his parents continue to work (1 @ home) in the FM area. There have been no issues with staff or families served at the preschool/daycare this whole time other than the occasional typical sick days. Knock on wood, hope this wasn't a KOD, but still, the staff and families there are so far not buying in to all the hype.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Valid points and they are but expound on the bolded part. How are kids getting back to school, soccer, dance, summer theater, Legion baseball, ect... and people going back to work over the next couple to few weeks are mutually exclusive??? There is zero rational behind that.  I'll assume your kids haven't been to a grocery store, Walmart, Target since mid March. 

I should have said some people back to work.  I feel it’s easier to look at reopening parts of our old normal life that don’t require large gatherings.  Right or wrong- it is easier to limit the crowd/arrangement at Men’s Hairhouse than it is attendance at a Red River dance recital.  I don’t see school opening back up in 2020 as a governor or mayor isn’t taking that risk with a month to go   

My kids have not been to a shopping establishment since probably late March.  Mainly because We have changed our shopping habits.  Hornbachers and Target pick up for us.  I don’t know that I will go back to going inside mainly because I have adjusted to the convenience and the planning.  Can’t guarantee the wife doesn’t go back to Target   I did take them to Mehl’s to pick up a cup cakes for their moms birthday.  We were the only ones there   

Admittedly my kids have been playing with the neighbors.   Kids are the same age and the neighbors and us are onboard with them playing outside.  Not saying they always are 6’ apart but they do pretty good for being younger.  They can be pretty creative at making up games when they want to be.  

Since there's been some discussion about kids and getting them back to some normalcy CDC.gov is updated and 2/1 thru 4/18 it reports 28 total COVID only and COVID+pneumonia deaths (confirmed and presumed) for individuals 24 years of age and younger. That age group makes up roughly 103M individuals in this country.

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Since there's been some discussion about kids and getting them back to some normalcy CDC.gov is updated and 2/1 thru 4/18 it reports 28 total COVID only and COVID+pneumonia deaths (confirmed and presumed) for individuals 24 years of age and younger. That age group makes up roughly 103M individuals in this country.

so way fewer than die from complications of surgery for example

48 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

IHME updated their model on April 21,  2020.  

On May 12, 2020 peak for hospital ND is projected to have 123 deaths and by August 4, 2020 total deaths 277.  

Is it not to replace this model with something realistic.

What does it say for Minnesota?

The "contact tracers" need you bank account information and your cell phone data to track your past movements.

The media is going to push these unrealistic amount of tests and "contact tracers" because they know they will never be met and can push blame.

Interesting how we never heard much about "contact tracers" til recently.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Tennessee starting to reopen.

Sorry didn't read thread to see if it's been mentioned already.

The virus incidence in NE TN is rare, much less than ND with the same population.  Hoping the opening goes well and life is normal again.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Believe that this virus has ready lost its war on account of Gilead's new drug and this one from from CytoDyn.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4338704-cytodyn-timeline-to-covidminus-19-credibility

It's like Gilead has taken on two viruses before and almost single-handed won.  History is repeating itself.

I made a few quick bucks off CYDY 2 weeks ago...sold...debating another play here.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I made a few quick bucks off CYDY 2 weeks ago...sold...debating another play here.  

Made a major investment back when CYDY had a drug, the same one, for metastic cancers.  It was only 35 cents then.   Target now is $200.00 at maturity if all candidates get approval  and a miracle drug for those on ventilators. 

GILD just is too big IMHO.

19 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Deaths are now significantly down from initial projected highs of 1-2M. Goalposts now shifting to testing, vaccine, second wave.......

Speaking of moving goal posts:

On 3/10/2020 at 11:25 PM, Oxbow6 said:

This is not the flu. 60 years and younger in good health in THIS country you're better off getting corona than the flu.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:25 PM, Oxbow6 said:

For those keeping score at home NYC has had 312 reported deaths 44 years of age and younger as of 6 pm ET yesterday.

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

2/1 thru 4/18 it reports 28 total COVID only and COVID+pneumonia deaths (confirmed and presumed) for individuals 24 years of age and younger.

Seems you are no longer talking about people 60 years and younger. and now you've shifted from under 45 to under 25. I guess that's what happens when your statistics stop backing up your horrible takes.

It seems we saw a lot of similar posts here that are now featured on an unfortunately sad twitter profile.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Speaking of moving goal posts:

Seeems you are no longer talking about people 60 years and younger. and now you've shifted from under 45 to under 25. I guess that's what happens when your statistics stop backing up your horrible takes.

It seems we saw a lot of similar posts here that are now featured on an unfortunately sad twitter profile.

Horrible takes? Ok Ms. Fauci.

People infected is/will be exponentially higher than estimated. When the death rate is finally figured out I'm not convinced it will be much higher than the flu especially in those under 60. Could be wrong. Might be higher in that demographic but not substantially. We'll see. ND doesn't have many deaths fortunately but IIRC no one under 60 has died. 

Last two quotes posts are nothing more than statistics based on certain demographics. You obviously don't like numbers. Maybe if you'd watched this guy on TV as kid you could have turned out to be something admirable like your sister.

71806.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1