SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

35 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What are you talking about?  Few people are criticizing the individual policeman per say.  They do have difficult jobs.   These protests are against the institution of policing and a need for a complete overhaul because a) they're not effective b) many have shown themselves to be biased and not trustworthy in policing themselves.            

You said police aren’t doing their job, based on what? I’m making the point that to compare them with firefighters is silly because their jobs are so much harder.

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

He had already fought with the officers. He had already been tazed. He is going for a deadly weapon and you are going to let him?????? JFC

#alwaysavictim

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

The flip flopping is great.   Hopeful debates happen.  Two weeks ago- Biden/Harris- 90 day mask mandate should happen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/face-mask-mandate-joe-biden-kamala-harris-three-month-nationwide/

Today- Harris laughs, no one would be punished if they don’t follow our mandate. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kamala-harris-says-nobodys-gonna-be-punished-if-nationwide-mask-mandate-goes-into-effect-2020-08-28?siteid=yhoof2

So basically- follow what Trump has said.  

They really don’t have the power to have a nation wide mask mandate. Those are states rights protected by the 10th Amendment. It would be tough enforcing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So you don't see an issue with following people around and berating them?

Lol particularly Rand Paul... the dude who wrote the Breonna Taylor bill. The more these idiots do this stuff the more i am convinced they don't actually want change. They just want to complain. I'm inclined to think their absurd demands were chosen for the very reason.

EDIT: that's painting with a broad brush and yes I'm very aware plenty of them probably do want attainable changes. 

In the video I quoted, I didn't see anyone following anyone around. I saw some middle fingers and some obscenities, if they didn't want to hear or see that they shouldn't have walked out into the streets during the protest.

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump is banking the election on it.    

Conservative media attention will be focused on rioters 24/7.  "Vote Biden, your house will burn down".

Never mind that 99.9% of Americans aren't being affected by these lawless actions.  

Kind of like the China virus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You said police aren’t doing their job, based on what? I’m making the point that to compare them with firefighters is silly because their jobs are so much harder.

I should've made myself clearer.

The police, as an institution, isn’t doing its job in many of these places.  We're not talking about individual police here.  And that post was in regards to the lack of trust as it pertains to the FD and PD.   You can have the most difficult job in the world, you'll earn people's trust if you attempt to do what's right and just.  The policing institution hasn't earned it in the inner city.  .  

Case in point, the guy who kicked this entire thing off - Derek Chauvin.  The guy had 18 prior complaints against him.  WTF is he still doing on the street?  And, surprise, surprise, he ends up executing someone in broad daylight.  

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The police, as an institution, isn’t doing its job in many of these places.  We're not talking about individual police here.  And that post was in regards to the lack of trust between the FD and PD in terms of trust.  You can have the most difficult job in the world, you'll earn people's trust if you attempt to do what's right and just.  The policing institution hasn't earned it in the inner city.  .  

Case in point, the guy who kicked this entire thing off - Derek Chauvin.  The guy had 18 prior complaints against him.  WTF is he still doing on the street?  And, surprise, surprise, he ends up executing someone in broad daylight.  

I've seen countless social media posts from Trump supporters claiming the chance of death from suffocation would have been non-existent if he didn't have lethal levels of fentanyl in his system. Just a hunch that many here would agree with that and think Derek Chauvin should be a free man.

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The police, as an institution, isn’t doing its job in many of these places.  We're not talking about individual police here.  And that post was in regards to the lack of trust as it pertains to the FD and PD.   You can have the most difficult job in the world, you'll earn people's trust if you attempt to do what's right and just.  The policing institution hasn't earned it in the inner city.  .  

Defund the Police Union, not the Police. Much like the Teachers' Union, it protects the worst among them, giving the rest a bad name.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

In the video I quoted, I didn't see anyone following anyone around. I saw some middle fingers and some obscenities, if they didn't want to hear or see that they shouldn't have walked out into the streets during the protest.

What Is NPC, the Mainstream Media's New Favorite Far-Right Scapegoat? | by  Martin Erlic | Medium

14 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Defund the Police Union, not the Police. Much like the Teachers' Union, it protects the worst among them, giving the rest a bad name.

The 'blue wall of silence' is not only detrimental to communities, but also the people who serve in law enforcement. 

I don't agree with BLMs methods, but their reasoning for action is 100% correct.  The police institution (albeit union, whatever) needs to be modified.       

• Upvote 1

Dr Birx flying into Fargo Saturday to meet with Burgum  about the "uptick" in cases. Still no deaths in Cass County, the state's most populated county, in 40+ days.

Hopefully  Birx gets in early enough to get to "Justice Island" before 10 am to witness the beginning of the local BLM protest.

19 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I've seen countless social media posts from Trump supporters claiming the chance of death from suffocation would have been non-existent if he didn't have lethal levels of fentanyl in his system. Just a hunch that many here would agree with that and think Derek Chauvin should be a free man.

I think two things are likely true with Chauvin and George Floyd. 

1. Chauvin has zero business laying on his neck for that long, he needs to be held accountable for his actions, whatever the lawyers decide he deserves is ok with me.

2. George Floyd would likely still be alive if he didn’t also have the fentanyl in his system and then get subjected to the Chauvins knee.

Both things played a role in his death I believe and that in no way is me defending Chauvin.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If he didnt kill him why shouldnt he be free?

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I mean how horrible those folks had to hear those words and see those fingers. The world is supposed to be such a perfect place with law and order under Trump right? 

HMMMM Democrats are the ones in power where the riots and looting are occurring.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

If you have copd and are strangled to death, is the cause of death smoking or strangulation?

Strangulation was not shown to be the cause of death. There was no petechiae. He was dying before the cops showed up. He just didnt know it.

41 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Can both sides agree on this?  Most of the reason for bad cops rarely being fired is the police union.   

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Can both sides agree on this?  Most of the reason for bad cops rarely being fired is the police union.   

They come as a package unfortunately. Although the Teacher's Union is no longer forced dues, so teachers can opt out of paying but still receive benefits.  Death by 1 million opt outs. 

I know some bleeding heart teachers that hate their union with a passion, but the cops I know are all-in on the union. That's just based on my sample size though.

Edit: we can't pick and choose public unions to fund. They are all detrimental to society in my opinion, but their endorsements are too important to politicians for any to take them on. If Trump was the rogue he says he is, he'd do it.

31 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Strangulation was not shown to be the cause of death. There was no petechiae. He was dying before the cops showed up. He just didnt know it.

Correct. Unless George's friends had taken him to an emergency room in the next 60-90 minutes he would have died that day from having a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system causing him to experience a pulmonary edema. He originally said he couldn't breathe when he was sitting upright in the back of the police car. Slowed down video of the initial approach to his vehicle seems to show a rather large white tablet on his tongue. My speculation is that he swallowed it to avoid drug charges as this probably wasn't his first time getting pulled over with drugs. So I would say he began to die shortly after the cops showed up and he ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl.

Officer Chauvin and the others  have a duty to administer aid which they did not do and seemed to be indifferent to the man who was struggling to breathe and was not struggling to escape for 7-8 minutes. His lips turning  blue and white liquid coming out of his nose and mouth should have alerted a trained first responder to the problem and I would have to believe that the officers and first responders in most big cities have Narcan with them.

19 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Correct. Unless George's friends had taken him to an emergency room in the next 60-90 minutes he would have died that day from having a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system causing him to experience a pulmonary edema. He originally said he couldn't breathe when he was sitting upright in the back of the police car. Slowed down video of the initial approach to his vehicle seems to show a rather large white tablet on his tongue. My speculation is that he swallowed it to avoid drug charges as this probably wasn't his first time getting pulled over with drugs. So I would say he began to die shortly after the cops showed up and he ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl.

Officer Chauvin and the others  have a duty to administer aid which they did not do and seemed to be indifferent to the man who was struggling to breathe and was not struggling to escape for 7-8 minutes. His lips turning  blue and white liquid coming out of his nose and mouth should have alerted a trained first responder to the problem and I would have to believe that the officers and first responders in most big cities have Narcan with them.

I agree that the officers should have been more attentive. But then again they arent paramedics.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Does und law take Republicans as clients

11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

What did you do?  Lol

Sorry, I couldn't resist.. 

Most of my clients are conservative; primarily charged with grabbing women by the ****y.     It’s weird, there’s been a lot of that going around the last 3 years.  I can’t put my finger on it.:p

• Upvote 3