SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise & Bracketology 2020

Fader

40 minutes ago, franchise said:

The real question is...does one plan a trip to regionals? Or wait and hope to make a trip to Detroit instead?

I usually hold out for Frozen Four. Particularly if I have a good feeling on the team. Regionals can get expensive if none are close by, so budget doesn’t always allow both, and if I have to pick... 

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I usually hold out for Frozen Four. Particularly if I have a good feeling on the team. Regionals can get expensive if none are close by, so budget doesn’t always allow both, and if I have to pick... 

They certainly aren't in airline friendly locations. 

2 hours ago, Clark17 said:

I think the committee would want Cornell in Albany for attendance, maybe they would send 2/15 out west and have 1/16 play in the mid-west?  They would still run into the number one overall in the same regional as a host school.    

I don't think they put UND in the Midwest if they are #1 overall.

NE----UND

W------Purple Cows

E------Cornell

MW-----BC

3 hours ago, franchise said:

I considered the double dip, but after taking in the NFC Championship game in Cali...my CC would rather just make one trip;)

Lions fan here, 

What the hell is the NFC Championship game? 

Seriously though, come to Detroit.  It's going  to be crazy with all the WMU fans who are going to be there supporting their team!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I observed some blurb about having a new style ID in order to fly, sounded like an impromptu trip to Detroit is behind the wheel. 

I think that requirement starts October 1. 

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/10/what-is-real-id-enhanced-drivers-license-what-you-need-to-know-to-travel-next-year.html

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ubish said:

Lions fan here, 

It's a solo weekend trip where you drop $1800 on flight, Air BnB and game ticket, only to be the only person within 50 yards wearing green.  The outcome feels like a kick in the nuts, but you don't really focus on that pain because you're busy dealing with verbal insults and the occasional physical contact from the opposing fan base.

Weekly Bracketology is out.  I agree with Connelly's logic much more than Moy.  Moy cited preserving bracket integrity for 2/7 thus putting 1 in Loveland. I would argue why would bracket integrity matter after moving 3 in the same bracket as 8?  I do agree with moving Cornell to Albany but bracket integrity is out at that point.  The 3rd. seed swapping makes sense too for attendance in Albany. 

2 hours ago, Clark17 said:

Weekly Bracketology is out.  I agree with Connelly's logic much more than Moy.  Moy cited preserving bracket integrity for 2/7 thus putting 1 in Loveland. I would argue why would bracket integrity matter after moving 3 in the same bracket as 8?  I do agree with moving Cornell to Albany but bracket integrity is out at that point.  The 3rd. seed swapping makes sense too for attendance in Albany. 

Not sure why you would send the top overall seed to the host and top 2 seed location

9 minutes ago, franchise said:

Not sure why you would send the top overall seed to the host and top 2 seed location

Attendance in Albany.  I agree this does not protect the number 1 overall seed but that doesn't seem to matter (with the writers and past committees) past the first round.  I think attendance would take precedence if it were today.  

On 2/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, ubish said:

Lions fan here, 

Seriously though, come to Detroit.  It's going  to be crazy with all the WMU fans who are going to be there supporting their team!

Vikings fans here. NFC championship games are where the Vikings typically crash and burn after and otherwise stellar season.