SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise & Bracketology 2020

Fader

14 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

I think The Ohio State University is working their way out in my opinion.  We'll see I guess.  I wonder if Penn. could find themselves in a bad spot still?  That would change everything regarding regional placement.  

I should try the calculator and see.  

They could. As of right now Penn State has a 61% chance at an at large bid

3 hours ago, petey23 said:

They could. As of right now Penn State has a 61% chance at an at large bid

More importantly, the CHN predicter has UND at 98% of #1 overall.

But just like a power play opportunity, it don't mean nothing unless you do something with it. 

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/probabilityMatrix.php 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fader said:

A new week, a new guess.  Bemidji up to 12th,  current conference leaders given auto-bids (AIC , Minn).  Cornell placed NE as ECAC host.  Tried to maintain bracket integrity.  Swapped UMass and Clarkson to avoid 1st round conflict.

Northeast - Albany
1) Cornell
2) BC
3) ASU
4) Maine

East-Worcester
1) North Dakota
2) UMass
3) Bemidji
4) AIC

Midwest - Allentown
1) Mankato
2) Clarkson
3) Penn State
4) Minnesota

West - Loveland
1) Duluth
2) Denver
3) Northeastern
4) Ohio State

I could see the committee swapping Minn with Maine or AIC.... 

The west 

UMD VS MINNESOTA 

BSU VS DENVER

14 hours ago, Clark17 said:

UND is gaining separation from Mankato in RPI. 

I think that was kind of expected. I'd venture to guess that unless UND drops 3 of the next 6 games or something ridiculous like that, they have the #1 seed wrapped up. At the same time, MSU would need to sweep the next 2 series and sweep all the way through the conference tournament.

Honestly, the thing that caught me off guard and I'm sure surprises most people is MSU's strength of schedule. It's #8 in the country. People can't really bitch and moan about MSU just piling up wins against horrible competition this year.....of course, they will, but they shouldn't. Of course, unless we move out of the first round, the perception isn't going to change.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Having UND, UMD, and ASU as your non-conference works in your favor. 

Very true.....I know hastings has been trying to do this so he can prop up that sos. It's not his fault that mn and but pissed down their legs the last couple years.

Edit: and UND last year, I guess.

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

I think that was kind of expected. I'd venture to guess that unless UND drops 3 of the next 6 games or something ridiculous like that, they have the #1 seed wrapped up. At the same time, MSU would need to sweep the next 2 series and sweep all the way through the conference tournament.

Honestly, the thing that caught me off guard and I'm sure surprises most people is MSU's strength of schedule. It's #8 in the country. People can't really bitch and moan about MSU just piling up wins against horrible competition this year.....of course, they will, but they shouldn't. Of course, unless we move out of the first round, the perception isn't going to change.

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Having UND, UMD, and ASU as your non-conference works in your favor. 

If MSU had beaten St Cloud State at Mariucci, they would be #1 in the Pairwise.   Its that close.

20 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

If MSU had beaten St Cloud State at Mariucci, they would be #1 in the Pairwise.   Its that close.

Yeah...that was a pretty big egg. We seem to have one of those every year in big game. Hopefully, we got it out of our system and dont do it during the tourney this year.

3 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Yeah...that was a pretty big egg. We seem to have one of those every year in big game. Hopefully, we got it out of our system and dont do it during the tourney this year.

Sweeping Arizona State is more valuable than it may have seemed at the time.   But playing only 5 games vs non-WCHA opponents doesn't leave any room for error.

Certainly helps that the league is better this year.

Somewhat straightforward after the weekend.

What I think it should be:

West

3 Corn 14 WMU

6 DU 11 BS

M-West

2 MSU-M 15 Minn

7 Penn 10 Clark

East

1 UND 16 AIC

8 Mass 9 OSU

N-East

4 BC 13 ASU

5 UMD 12 NE

What I think reality would be: 

swap 1/16 to West with 3/14 to East

Anxious to see what the writers will come up with this week?  They (Moy n Connelly) both swapped 2 seeds last week which I thought the committee tries to avoid if a 3 seed swap is available. Few games this week too, AIC/SHU n BC/? 

5 hours ago, Clark17 said:

Somewhat straightforward after the weekend.

What I think it should be:

West

3 Corn 14 WMU

6 DU 11 BS

M-West

2 MSU-M 15 Minn

7 Penn 10 Clark

East

1 UND 16 AIC

8 Mass 9 OSU

N-East

4 BC 13 ASU

5 UMD 12 NE

What I think reality would be: 

swap 1/16 to West with 3/14 to East

Anxious to see what the writers will come up with this week?  They (Moy n Connelly) both swapped 2 seeds last week which I thought the committee tries to avoid if a 3 seed swap is available. Few games this week too, AIC/SHU n BC/? 

I don’t think they swap 1/16 out west with host school there, but maybe.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:22 AM, SJHovey said:

I don’t think they swap 1/16 out west with host school there, but maybe.

I think the committee would want Cornell in Albany for attendance, maybe they would send 2/15 out west and have 1/16 play in the mid-west?  They would still run into the number one overall in the same regional as a host school.