SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise & Bracketology 2020

Fader

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I watched Cornell 4 times or more this season.

They are most definitely overrated. They "might" have hosted a home playoff in the B1G.... maybe.

They played 6 games against top 20 teams, highest rank Ohio state.

Cornell would not have advanced out of that region.

Being ranked 1 in the uscho poll is the definition of east coast bias. Its rediculous to believe they are even a 1 or 2 seed.

We can agree to disagree.  Cornell was a very good team, and would have been capable of winning it all.

Cornell destroyed Ohio State (at a neutral venue).  Was that one of the Cornell games you watched this season?

Nobody cares about the USCHO Poll.  

They are a #1 seed because they lost 2 games all season.  They weren't the #1 overall seed because they played a middle-of-the-road schedule.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

We can agree to disagree.  Cornell was a very good team, and would have been capable of winning it all.

Cornell destroyed Ohio State (at a neutral venue).  Was that one of the Cornell games you watched this season?

Nobody cares about the USCHO Poll.  

They are a #1 seed because they lost 2 games all season.  They weren't the #1 overall seed because they played a middle-of-the-road schedule.  

Yes, They were a #1 seed because the lost 2 games. Stregth of that schedule 38th.

The beat Ohio 5-2... in a holiday tourney, in Vegas, total crap shoot, not a curb stomping. By any stretch.

Unfourtunetly, its a disagreement, well never get a true answer to... sucks.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yes, They were a #1 seed because the lost 2 games. Stregth of that schedule 38th.

The beat Ohio 5-2... in a holiday tourney, in Vegas, total crap shoot, not a curb stomping. By any stretch.

Unfourtunetly, its a disagreement, well never get a true answer to... sucks.

Correct.  I would just point out that Cornell crushed Ohio State.  Cornell was up 4-0 midway through the third...despite Ohio State being the beneficiary of a 5-minute major.  Based on your take, I am assuming you did not catch that game.  

No i did not see that one game where a team played two good periods against a also mediocre team in a holiday tourney.

You are WILDLY over crediting the results of a single game in evaluating overall performance.

If laying a mild beating on a B1G team is the crowning achievement, over half the damn NCAA can lay claim to a #1 seed.

33 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No i did not see that one game where a team played two good periods against a also mediocre team in a holiday tourney.

You are WILDLY over crediting the results of a single game in evaluating overall performance.

If laying a mild beating on a B1G team is the crowning achievement, over half the damn NCAA can lay claim to a #1 seed.

They lost two games. They deserved to be a #1 seed.

Also, nobody is claiming they would lay waste to the NCAA field; however they would be the favorite over a team that was not as good as a mediocre Ohio State team. ;)

• Upvote 1