SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise & Bracketology 2020

Fader

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I just saw this too. Natural bracket matchups would put UMD in Loveland vs Bemidji, which I hear UMD fans will LOVE. :lol:

I would like to see UMD with DU in Loveland.  Would be nice to see one (or both) have their seasons ended there.
If that is the bracket, I'd say go BSU.  :) 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I just saw this too. Natural bracket matchups would put UMD in Loveland vs Bemidji, which I hear UMD fans will LOVE. :lol:

If BC stays a 2-seed I’m interested to see what they do in Worcester. 

That would be a really fun region to watch.

34 minutes ago, Ranger said:

All four Trump budget proposals called for major cuts to the CDC and other similar programs... but responsible adults intervened. 

Well, given that half of the US population has been killed over the last 13 years due to gun violence, I would think most major federal government programs could be cut, no?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The only reason attendance will suck again at the regional sites is because they are off campus. The best regional I ever attended was the Holy Cross regional at the Ralph. Probably the best college atmosphere of any sport I've ever attended. 

The BU-UND Overtime game in Fargo was a close second, minus the outcome.  Didn't sit for almost the whole game

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

The BU-UND Overtime game in Fargo was a close second, minus the outcome.  Didn't sit for almost the whole game

Correct. Terrific atmosphere. Almost similar to UND's opening round regional game last year in Farg...........wait nevermind.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The only reason attendance will suck again at the regional sites is because they are off campus. The best regional I ever attended was the Holy Cross regional at the Ralph. Probably the best college atmosphere of any sporting event I've ever attended. 

The most fans Holy Cross has ever had.  I too was there, and it was the best sports atmosphere I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Looking this morning like you can keep Bracket Integrity with all but a Texas two step with the 13, 14, 15 seeds to avoid intraconference matchups.  I’ve got UND in Worcester this morning.  

WORCESTER?  YUCK!

Just now, iluvdebbies said:

Yes!

I made a bracket last night. Straight up bracket integrity, with one switch to avoid an inter conference matchup. Left me with Albany and Worcester as options. Picked Worcester for UND’s region as to not reward 2 seed BC by placing their regional (with Cornell as the 1 seed) in Worcester. 

8 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Looking this morning like you can keep Bracket Integrity with all but a Texas two step with the 13, 14, 15 seeds to avoid intraconference matchups.  I’ve got UND in Worcester this morning.  

Who needs to be swapped within the 4th. band?  I see a swap in the 3rd.  

15 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Who needs to be swapped within the 4th. band?  I see a swap in the 3rd.  

I misquoted this morning. It’s a swap between OSU and Lowell.  So just 10 and 11.

stupid time change and posting early...I’m on Pacific time...

32 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Would it look like this if it were today?

West

4 UMD – 13 ASU

6 DU – 10 OSU

M-West

2 MSU-M – 15 Maine

7 Penn – 11 UML

East

3 Corn – 14 Mich

5 BC – 12 BS

N-East

1 UND – 16 AH Winner

8 Mass – 9 Clark

CHN has DU at 5 and BC at 6. So I have OSU and BSU switched. Also Maine is out and Western Michigan is in. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

CHN has DU at 5 and BC at 6. So I have OSU and BSU switched. Also Maine is out and Western Michigan is in. 

I think I’m with you.  Here’s what I have:

worcester:

UND vs Atlantic

Umass vs Clarkson

allentown:

Mankato vs Maine

PSU vs Lowell

albany:

Cornell vs Michigan

BC vs OSU

loveland:

UMD vs ASU

DU vs BSU

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think I’m with you.  Here’s what I have:

worcester:

UND vs Atlantic

Umass vs Clarkson

allentown:

Mankato be Maine

PSU vs Lowell

albany:

Cornell vs Michigan

BC vs OSU

loveland:

UMD vs ASU

DU vs BSU

Loveland will be a great regional. Poor DU (....not) having to deal with the Bulldogs. Mankato PSU will be a good game if they both advance. Albany just seems kinda like a snoozer. And I’d like to imagine UND playing good primer games to reach Detroit.