SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 FB Recruiting

Nodak78

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AJS said:

This felt a lot like the Malachi McNeal commit. Very big get. 

At the end of August, these were the top 4 schools he was focusing on.  Not sure if the other schools ended up withdrawing their offers later or not, but pretty good company with those other 3.

image.png.a5ce84be9b434a82216309f8faca8e05.png

On 12/16/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sioux94 said:

He definitely verballed.  He even commented on the article about him on the UND360 site. 

image.png.85fa91b30f32a7cd570c54256262aa9d.png

This is at the bottom of the article about him. 

image.png.0444c22f265d3d9199d8e8f66e870e3a.png

Schmelzle accepted a PWO at K-State.

Drew Schmelzle on Twitter: "Finally home! Huge thanks to @spedbraet @CoachBuddyWyatt @CoachKli @CoachMessingham Excited to be a Wildcat! -COMMITTED- https://t.co/PsMpoGq56Q" / Twitter

2 hours ago, Hambone said:

I would guess he will start at QB. Watching his hudl tape he has a solid arm and athleticism. Nice to see us building quality depth at the most important position. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Aren’t there more Romfo’s there too? I seem to recall around state tournament time the announcer saying  that the team was filled with them. 

Simon has a twin brother, Grant, who is a very good athelete.  Believe he played wide receiver on offence and also played defense.  

There are also Romfo cousins on the team.

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Looks like DB prospect Bishop has signed.

Clayton Bishop, 6', 185, 4.7, Kenosha (Indian Trail), WI Had offers from Air Force, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, WIU & Bucknell

So, he selected UND over all of those other offers?!  That sounds like a great get.

On 1/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, Old Fella said:

Simon has a twin brother, Grant, who is a very good athelete.  Believe he played wide receiver on offence and also played defense.  

There are also Romfo cousins on the team.

I just read the write up on the UNDFootball360 site.....I guess his twin brother grant has signed with NDSU.  Talk about a divided family on game day!  I'm glad we are in the MVFC and get to play NDSU every year so we can heat up that rivalry again and watch it play out on the field annually.  Plus playing the South Dakota's schools every year.  

From the 360 article:  

An interesting tidbit that just broke this morning:  Simon’s twin brother, Grant, just committed to NDSU for football.  How neat is that?

• 4 weeks later...