SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 FB Recruiting

Nodak78

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I was actually a little worried about McNeal because I went to his twitter today and no UND reference in his bio or pinned tweet. My anxiety level went down a bit when I saw a lot of his recent tweets were UND related. 

Early signing day can't get here soon enough! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dagger said:

I know Koziol decommitted from UND to Ball State. Who was the other decomitt?  Did Van Meer ever commit  or did we just offer him?

Van Meer committed to us but then decided 3-4 weeks later that he would stay closer to home (UNI). 

With early signing day only around a month away, is anyone concerned by how quiet it has been? Clearly an abnormal year in terms of recruiting and playing, but kids still need to make plans for after they graduate. Why are we not hearing more here? Should we expect more surprises than usual on signing day? Is this supposed to be a smaller class, given what we have coming back?

I wonder if we will see Damien Owens sign early. He was pretty clear in his commitment that if a bigger offer came, he was still open to hearing it.

Really hope they are going hard after after both Ethan George and Mike Leatherdale.

Thoughts anyone?

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

With early signing day only around a month away, is anyone concerned by how quiet it has been? Clearly an abnormal year in terms of recruiting and playing, but kids still need to make plans for after they graduate. Why are we not hearing more here? Should we expect more surprises than usual on signing day? Is this supposed to be a smaller class, given what we have coming back?

I wonder if we will see Damien Owens sign early. He was pretty clear in his commitment that if a bigger offer came, he was still open to hearing it.

Really hope they are going hard after after both Ethan George and Mike Leatherdale.

Thoughts anyone?

Leatherdale committed to Iowa Western yesterday.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, Hambone said:

Leatherdale committed to Iowa Western yesterday.

I assume Leatherdale was projected at NG. Not a 20-21 prospect, but I presume/hope UND is looking closely at Lucas Schweigert from Bismarck Century as a 21-22 prospect. He was impressive in the state championship, both holding down the center of the D line and showing the quickness to get involved in a lot of tackles on the outside. For 20-21, I would think RB/LB Cade Garcia would be at least an excellent PWO candidate.

10 hours ago, shep said:
Big time commitment for the Fighting Hawks! This class is loaded· Nov 15, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

PKZUgL5u?format=jpg&name=small

Is this speculation? I thought Joels tweet was regarding the Schmelzle kid. I don't see anything on this Julio guy, and none of the coaches follow him on twitter.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

There’s a level for everyone.

I would never tell a kid not to go for it, if he wants to play at the next level. Like you said, there is a level for everyone. Just wasn't as impressed with his film as I am by some others. Then again, I'm not football guru when it comes to recruiting and what to look for.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I would never tell a kid not to go for it, if he wants to play at the next level. Like you said, there is a level for everyone. Just wasn't as impressed with his film as I am by some others. Then again, I'm not football guru when it comes to recruiting and what to look for.

Maybe he’ll be a respectable D3 player