SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 FB Recruiting

Nodak78

On 3/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, UND Fan said:

Five more....

RB Armani Moreno, 6'1, 215, Naperville (Neuqua Valley), IL

S Jack Howell, 6', 190, Chandler (Hamilton), AZ  Has offers from CSU, Ball St, NAU & SDSU

TE Jacob Petersen, 6'4", 210, Richmond (Richmond-Burton), IL

CB Aaron Smith, 5'11", 170, 4.4, Waukee (Waukee), IA  Has offers from Navy, UNI, Army & Air Force

RB Gaven Ziebarth, 6', 205, Cambridge (Cambridge-Isanti), MN 

I don't know if we still had an offer out to him but Moreno will play at Grand Valley State.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MNHAWKFAN said:

https://t.co/bhovqlBqW7 

Interview with Caledonia Head Coach Carl Fruechte (@3 minutes) talks about what the University of North Dakota is getting with Defensive Line commit Casey Schultz also mentions former Defensive End, Zeke Ott from Caledonia High School as well.

Thx, welcome to SS.

If I understand it correctly, nobody burns a year of eligibility this year, does this mean this recruiting class likely be a fair amount smaller?  In theory, our entire team could be back for 2022.  However I'm sure there will be seniors that will graduate and not wish to come back etc..  So do you think the coaches are having conversations with seniors now, asking what their plans are?  Also if there are some seniors (who 2021 would have been their last year of eligibility) that play very little or are in a position that is already deep, would it be likely the coaches would maybe ask them to not come back for 2022 to free up scholarships? 

20 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Or NDSU coming in and offering him a scholarship. You know that they will absolutely hate seeing him go to UND. 

We have lost two talented kids so far and sure don't want to lose Feeney (or McNeal) but I don't think there is much of a chance that Feeney will shift his commitment to SU.  Long story but it isn't going to happen!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UND Fan said:

We have lost two talented kids so far and sure don't want to lose Feeney (or McNeal) but I don't think there is much of a chance that Feeney will shift his commitment to SU.  Long story but it isn't going to happen!

I was actually a little worried about McNeal because I went to his twitter today and no UND reference in his bio or pinned tweet. My anxiety level went down a bit when I saw a lot of his recent tweets were UND related.