SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls State game day,

Nodak78

Make no mistake, there will be questions about if S. Illinois deserves to be in over us. Based on resume, No. Based on potential for a better performance, definitely. Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody know what would have happened, but given our performance, it does not look like we deserved or cared to be there. 

Sad showing overall, mostly by the D.

wanzek showed heart playing through injury.

Toivenen (Toy-Von-En) looked solid. 

Bummer to see some of those seniors go out like that. Hoping for some changes before next season. Whether that be coaching, coaching style, team approach or otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This game wasn’t fun to watch, not at all. Really no part of the game seemed fun to watch or did it look like we were going to win. The whole game we kept waiting for something to happen, but it never did. Nicholls controlled the game from start to finish. 

Now I know how Gopher fans felt Thursday night.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Awful performance. Can’t stand watching a UND team that can’t win at the line of scrimmage; can’t stop the run and can’t run the ball. Can’t stand watching a UND team whose “leader” kicks field goals that have no chance or punts when down two scores late in the 4th quarter. Can’t stand watching UND football continue to fall under pressure. Can’t stand watching UND football continue to bow down to NDSU’s dominance in the state of North Dakota and not try to change that. Can’t stand the lack of emphasis of the program by UND athletics. Can’t stand the horrible complacency present within UND average at best football program.

Ouch. I vented. Feel only marginally better. On to the MVFV. Too bad we couldn’t even host a game against Nicholls fricken State or play up against NDSU next weekend. Just awful management of UND football on AND off the field. Damn 

Best I can say don't watch.

• Upvote 1

Normally it was "lack of recruited qb."

But it turned out it was the lack of a decent recruited RB. That turned out to cost them the season.

Bubba is not going to get fired for making the playoffs two out of his six years. He needs to hit the recruiting trail better.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Make no mistake, there will be questions about if S. Illinois deserves to be in over us. Based on resume, No. Based on potential for a better performance, definitely. Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody know what would have happened, but given our performance, it does not look like we deserved or cared to be there. 

Sad showing overall, mostly by the D.

wanzek showed heart playing through injury.

Toivenen (Toy-Von-En) looked solid. 

Bummer to see some of those seniors go out like that. Hoping for some changes before next season. Whether that be coaching, coaching style, team approach or otherwise. 

Sad showing by the D? UND scored only 6 fricken points! that’s not going to win many games even if the defense plays well. 

The entire team was off today, including the coaches. 

3 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Normally I would agree. For the first time ever I will hope ndsu wins.  If somehow Nicholls pulled the upset it would just give the AD a reason to keep Bubbba since they lost to a team that just beat ndsu. 

For UND to get to a championship level Bubba has to go.  He is not the guy to do it.  Unfortunately I suspect they will see it as progress that they made the playoffs and Bubba will be back.  Just delays the inevitable that must happen if UND is going to compete for an FCS title.  I certainly hope I’m wrong. 

Yeah Bubba's gotta go, but I'll never be rooting on NDSU.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm upset but also kind of numb to UND football's losses now. It's just what I've come to expect from Bubbaball.

I'm with you. Your last sentence is what really bothers me.

4 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Normally I would agree. For the first time ever I will hope ndsu wins.  If somehow Nicholls pulled the upset it would just give the AD a reason to keep Bubbba since they lost to a team that just beat ndsu. 

For UND to get to a championship level Bubba has to go.  He is not the guy to do it.  Unfortunately I suspect they will see it as progress that they made the playoffs and Bubba will be back.  Just delays the inevitable that must happen if UND is going to compete for an FCS title.  I certainly hope I’m wrong. 

To be fair this was not the best UND team in the bubba era and they still made the playoffs. If bubba had the 2015-2017 team with Danny’s offense we could have made a run. I knew we could win today but this team wasn’t going deep after the first round.

NDSU will have a field day with holding calls not even funny. On the other note students were a disgrace spitting on our players during the game from the stands. But to sum it up, proud of this team but disappointed in Bubba with some calls. Nothing we can do now. Nicholls State might be surprised with a locker room at NDSU. I would cheer for them but seeing how they acted and with this environment I never thought I would say this but...GO BISON

1 minute ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

NDSU will have a field day with holding calls not even funny. On the other note students were a disgrace spitting on our players during the game from the stands. But to sum it up, proud of this team but disappointed in Bubba with some calls. Nothing we can do now. Nicholls State might be surprised with a locker room at NDSU. I would cheer for them but seeing how they acted and with this environment I never thought I would say this but...GO BISON

F and die