SiouxSports.com Forum

Tech @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

That Tech team battled.  Not our best game, but whether you win by a goal or ten they only give you one win.

No Pooly or Bast tonight, still only gave up 15 shots.  Scheel very solid.  Just a rock in there.  

I'll be making my first appearance at the Ralph next weekend since baby #3 ruined my social life even more than it already was.

#ferdawilbur 

21 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Definitely a choppy game offensively. Just not a whole lot of sharpness with the puck but I guess some of the credit on that should go to Tech. Got the win though and that is the most important thing. 

Although better than last year we are still offensively challenged. Not many crisp passes or good looks in front of the net to say nothing about odd man rushes.  0 for the power play too.  In my opinion this is a talent deficit.  After taking most of the first period off we worked hard.  We just need some more puck skill up front.  

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Well...he is not running fortune 500 companies nor providing life saving medical services...thank GOD...but all in all, he ain't too bad...he's got a homey feel...Roseau town and all

I like how he describes things sometimes for people who may not know a lot about the game or for actually just the regular fan that doesn’t even know about the little things 

We actually carried the play and Tech was pretty lucky we were not in our A game offensively. PP moved the puck well, missed several chances. Some good hitting, defense had a few breakdowns but all in all pretty solid. We NEED to bury our chances. We missed at least 4-5 goals because we couldn’t get a handle or just plain missed the net. Was a decent game to watch in person..

Read the recap to find out why Poolman was not in the lineup. One can say UND did enough to win and scored the GWG on the rush, that needs to be part of things, also read if you want thoughts on why more pucks did not get into the back of the net from Brad Berry. https://seamoresports.com/2019/11/03/fighting-hawks-just-outpace-michigan-tech-3-1-on-kawaguchi-game-winner-now-what/

49 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

Read the recap to find out why Poolman was not in the lineup. One can say UND did enough to win and scored the GWG on the rush, that needs to be part of things, also read if you want thoughts on why more pucks did not get into the back of the net from Brad Berry. https://seamoresports.com/2019/11/03/fighting-hawks-just-outpace-michigan-tech-3-1-on-kawaguchi-game-winner-now-what/

Wouldn't really call it a rush for the GWG. Fantastic stick play by Adams on the forecheck and then hit Guch on a great feed. Awesome to see Guch snipe that. Kid is a killer.