SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

SiouxFan100

On to 5-2 Montana State. MSU is coming off a loss to Sac State.

This is a noon kickoff at the Alerus. High of 52 degrees partly sunny. Nice tailgating weather.

looking forward to the game. We have a chance. One thing about our team is you really don’t know what you will get. 

I hope we are competitive and our injured players are healed up and can play. 

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

Good to be home.  Attack mentality.  Coming off the best o line performance this season I'm expecting a confident offensive group that wins the toss takes the ball and goes right down the field.  

With all the injuries on D I'm guessing its gonna take 30+ to win the game.  

Massey shows UND with a 60% chance of winning, projected score of 30-26.
Sagarin has Montana St as 5 points better than UND, with a likely line of MSU a 3 point favorite due to home field for UND.

Also of interest:
Massey has EWU at #16 and Idaho State at #18. UC Davis is #11 and SHSU is #31.
Sagarin has EWU at #12 and Idaho State at #20. UC Davis is at #13 and SHSU #21.

Need at least a split with MSU/Weber and both from SUU and UNC to finish the year. Absolutely huge game this weekend.

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Massey shows UND with a 60% chance of winning, projected score of 30-26.
Sagarin has Montana St as 5 points better than UND, with a likely line of MSU a 3 point favorite due to home field for UND.

Also of interest:
Massey has EWU at #16 and Idaho State at #18. UC Davis is #11 and SHSU is #31.
Sagarin has EWU at #12 and Idaho State at #20. UC Davis is at #13 and SHSU #21.

Need at least a split with MSU/Weber and both from SUU and UNC to finish the year. Absolutely huge game this weekend.

My ratings show us with a 35% chance of winning with MSU -7.5.

I'll say this, IF UND happens to win this Saturday, with the injuries they have on the lines, it'll be the shot in the arm this program needs. Not only for this year, but for good or bad, long term, the coaching staff could sell hope. Another absolutely crucial weekend for this team and the direction of this Football program. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'll say this, IF UND happens to win this Saturday, with the injuries they have on the lines, it'll be the shot in the arm this program needs. Not only for this year, but for good or bad, long term, the coaching staff could sell hope. Another absolutely crucial weekend for this team and the direction of this Football program. 

I hate myself for saying this because I have been a UND football fanatic since the mid 60's and have travelled far and wide to support this program, but the direction I have seen of late has been to either get blown away in big time, must win games or to find a way to lose in big time, must win games.  The optimist in me hangs on to hope, but it is getting more difficult to rekindle that hope.  I fear we are becoming a culture of heart broken losers and that is truly sad, but again IF ................

• Upvote 1

This is a must win, and would got a long long way into making me excited about this team again. This team has been completely bi-polar this season, and the ISU game really deflated me. I was at the Sioux/Maverick games last weekend, so I only saw the last few minutes of the football game Saturday.

I do think UND is a far better team at home, which will hopefully play out again this weekend.It would be nice to get some momentum before heading to Ogden.

I am hopeful, but not confident heading into Saturday. Really hoping these guys can step up and get it done this weekend. Prove to the fans that the season is not lost.

55 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

MSU had a week to heal up and plan for UND.  The DL is a walking mash unit.  We win we make the playoffs.   The offense may need to score almost every position.

It really helped us focus coming off our bye week......:crazy:  Hopefully the Bobcats follow suite.  

• Upvote 1

After the beating in Pocatello, the mental toughness of the team was rightly questioned. When they went down 17-7 at the half against CP, that could've gone the same way. The fact that they clawed back, injuries and all, to win can give us a little hope this week. 

I remember a couple years back when MSU just destroyed UND running up the middle with their 250lb rb. Not sure they have that guy this year, but they know UND is susceptible to the inside run, based on film. 

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Good to be home.  Attack mentality.  Coming off the best o line performance this season I'm expecting a confident offensive group that wins the toss takes the ball and goes right down the field.  

With all the injuries on D I'm guessing its gonna take 30+ to win the game.  

Whenever UND has won the toss they have always deferred, and I don't see Bubba changing that philosophy. 

UND Defensive line vs Montana State offensive line is the battle to watch. Unfortunately the advantage goes to Montana State there.

UND offense will need to likely carry the team to win. Need 30+ points from Freund led offense.

Big overlooked factor is special teams. UND *HAS* to win special teams battle to win. Can’t miss field goals. Have to cover kickoffs and punts well. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND Defensive line vs Montana State offensive line is the battle to watch. Unfortunately the advantage goes to Montana State there.

UND offense will need to likely carry the team to win. Need 30+ points from Freund led offense.

Big overlooked factor is special teams. UND *HAS* to win special teams battle to win. Can’t miss field goals. Have to cover kickoffs and punts well. 

I don't see how we stop the run this week.  It will be frustrating as heck.  We started small and just got smaller over the weekend.  Time to Belichick up and figure something out.  I hadn't seen that many people on skates since I took my family to Skate City. (watching our D Line last week)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I don't see how we stop the run this week.  It will be frustrating as heck.  We started small and just got smaller over the weekend.  Time to Belichick up and figure something out.  I hadn't seen that many people on skates since I took my family to Skate City. (watching our D Line last week)

I agree they are one of the better rushing teams in the FCS, I believe top 10 and our rush defense... well let’s not go there 

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I’m telling you, move Hergel to nose.