SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

SiouxFan100

21 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

After the ISU loss, I actually wasn't even that excited for the Cal Poly game but I did watch and was rooting.  Even though that game was ugly at times I'm glad we pulled it out to keep a legitimate playoff hope alive.  As I sit here right now I'm not nearly as excited for this MSU game as I would normally be.  However by game time my excitement will rev back up to 110% again.  Sure would be great to pull out the win this Saturday.  Schmidt is really going to have to coach up the D this week with all of the injuries, offense needs to hold the ball and have some long drives and score a fair amount of points again.  Pretty sure this will take 30 at a minimum to win this game.  We have an offense capable this year, have to have mistake free football on offense again this week. Limited penalties and no turnovers.  Hopefully the defense can come up with some timely turnovers.  Hopefully nice crowd too to get loud on 3rd downs! 

Hay, @Sioux94 I'm thinkn you are on the right track.
Disclaimer:  Neighbor has a keg in his garage, I helped try finish it so he could put it away for the season. Didn't quite succeed and then stumbled onto my laptop. With slightly handicapped vision, these large advertisements are really like a troll, excluding @bale31.

Mont St is a formidable opponent and ranked higher, we REALLY need this one, as it's like a playoff killer with Weber next in the way.
Best to start getn excited.
We did it to Montana last year in the Hawks' s Nest and we can do it to their State sister.
Rev up bro! I'm ready to high 5 U  with my optimism and Brewski positive attitude, but we gotta get the W first.
May take 37, may take 33, but the Cats hopefully will waggle their tails home.
We're still 4 days away,  hopefully many fans without ticket are still contemplating about showing up, which could help. 
In this game, home field can be worth a +1 in turnovers and -3 in penalties, put a mark on that.
We will have some break downs as will the Kitty Cats have some misfires. 
Can't miss this game, could be a attendance savior for the last two games and path to a road win around turkey day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

They watched the CP tape we are going to see 40 runs up the gut and play action to the soft middle. We stop that we win.

Will be interesting to see what Schmidt comes up with for our young inexperienced D line to try and stop the bleeding up the middle.  

• Upvote 1

As has been mentioned or noted  .....Montana st loves to run right at you. Pound. Pound. Pound.  Unds DL has been severely compromised.  I would think most on here are/were in agreement that the DL was the one area where und would be vulnerable at beginning of the year ...now with Bennett being lost and Morrison out ....they will need the true freshman to play like upperclassman. Huge shoes to fill  

I would like to say a few things about mason Bennett.   He is the blueprint to a player to which any team strives for and for what every player should strive to be like.  Absolute class act , model citizen, fantastic player .....just a true complete role model.   If indeed it’s career ending ....without a doubt it was a pleasure to watch him on the field as well as seeing him be a great ambassador off the field for und football ......all around fantastic person.  Without question he will continue his playing time at the next level for years to come. Best to you mason! 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

As has been mentioned or noted  .....Montana st loves to run right at you. Pound. Pound. Pound.  Unds DL has been severely compromised.  I would think most on here are/were in agreement that the DL was the one area where und would be vulnerable at beginning of the year ...now with Bennett being lost and Morrison out ....they will need the true freshman to play like upperclassman. Huge shoes to fill  

I would like to say a few things about mason Bennett.   He is the blueprint to a player to which any team strives for and for what every player should strive to be like.  Absolute class act , model citizen, fantastic player .....just a true complete role model.   If indeed it’s career ending ....without a doubt it was a pleasure to watch him on the field as well as seeing him be a great ambassador off the field for und football ......all around fantastic person.  Without question he will continue his playing time at the next level for years to come. Best to you mason! 

I hope you meant season, right?

24 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Wow, Morrison and Bennett both listed as starters on the two-deep.  Anyone hear how close Zimm is to returning?

I wouldn't get too excited unfortunately, the 2-deeps once the season get going aren't credible when it comes to injuries. Ex: Holm was listed as a starter the first couple weeks of the season on the 2-deep and as we know never played. What I've never been able to figure out is there always is some movement (i.e. Holm did drop off eventually, so why then and not right away), so I'm not sure what has to happen for the player to actually disappear. 

Personally, I wish they were closer to how the NFL does them, realistic so we know what to expect.  

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Wow, Morrison and Bennett both listed as starters on the two-deep.  Anyone hear how close Zimm is to returning?

Surprising,  saw Morrison with a boot on the other day.  I heard zim is done for the year 

31 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2019/10/23/football-north-dakota-looks-to-remain-perfect-at-home.aspx

They say games notes attached but I can't find.  Difference from other weeks.    Either make them available or print programs.  Simple.

https://fightinghawks.com/documents/2019/10/23//Week_9_MSU.pdf

It's hard to find with the new web page layout.  It's on the right side - green rectangle that says  "week 9 msu" 

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I wouldn't get too excited unfortunately, the 2-deeps once the season get going aren't credible when it comes to injuries. Ex: Holm was listed as a starter the first couple weeks of the season on the 2-deep and as we know never played. What I've never been able to figure out is there always is some movement (i.e. Holm did drop off eventually, so why then and not right away), so I'm not sure what has to happen for the player to actually disappear. 

Personally, I wish they were closer to how the NFL does them, realistic so we know what to expect.  

So what can we learn from the 2 Deep?

I haven't listened to the 360 guys. What did they say?

1 minute ago, shep said:

Really, not a lot when it comes to injuries on a week to week basis. Am I off on that? I'm using Holm as an example from earlier this year, who was listed as a starter for a couple weeks, but never played. I did look at the notes for this week and can't find the two deep, so I'm not sure where @MoSiouxFan found this weeks. 

6 minutes ago, shep said:

Bennett will be out

Morrison will most likely play

Maybe DeVore and Holm.

With Holm.  I wonder if they are giving him the option to red shirt with 4 games.