SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Are there no fat kids walking around campus that could literally just stand in the A gap on Saturday?

How many points will it take to win?

I'll say 35. 

Have you been to Wilkerson lately??

30 minutes ago, SteppenHawk said:

Contemporary 34 is used mostly to get one on one matchups for star edge rushers. Pure 34 alignments are pretty rare with spread offenses though, it's become various hybrid fronts now. Bubba's style is definitely a rarity these days, 34 zone blitzing with the secondary playing deep quarters. It's a lot of the same stuff from back in the good old days. I honestly can't tell if the scheme is good or not so good. Sometimes it makes teams look terrible, sometimes we get gashed.

All about the Jim's and joes.  Stud NG, speed on the edge, excellent DB.  Twist and stunts, Blitz's.  Fill the gaps, pressure the QB.  What is not to love with the Jim's and joes.  Time for freshman to stand up and be noticed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Blasphemy to follow; be warned:

Is it time to rethink the 3-4 scheme?

It was put in place to stop an offensive scheme no longer in wide use.

And it seems to lend to DL being hurt because there's more opportunity to double-team them (5x3 vs 5x4). 

Discuss. 

Recruitng deficiencies.

Doesn't matter what scheme you run if you can’t recruit to it. Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football. 

3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, 4-6, 2-4-5, I don’t care. You have to recruit (and then develop) the big boys regardless of simple alignment. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Ok you experts out there

what I hear is that we will be completely outmanned on the d line. Seems like our best chance is to sell out to stop the run.

do it on and off to disguise some. Leaves our backs one in one- sounds like we don’t have a choice??

I think UND has to have 8 in the box nearly every play. Make Montana State beat UND with the deep pass. Sure, it can happen that way, but it would be the more challenging task for MSU I’d say. Allowing MSU to get 5 + ypc up the gut each play definitely won’t lead to any success for UND.

CJ Seigel, Holm, Blubaugh, etc. would be put out on an island and asked to make the necessary plays. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, AJS said:

I'll say this, IF UND happens to win this Saturday, with the injuries they have on the lines, it'll be the shot in the arm this program needs. Not only for this year, but for good or bad, long term, the coaching staff could sell hope. Another absolutely crucial weekend for this team and the direction of this Football program. 

After listening to the 360 podcast, doubling down on my line of thinking. IF they pull this off and I'm not optimistic with the D-line in shambles, it'll be huge.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, AJS said:

After listening to the 360 podcast, doubling down on my line of thinking. IF they pull this off and I'm not optimistic with the D-line in shambles, it'll be huge.  

Agree.....IF they pull this off it would be huge.  And if they do I'll be giving the coaches credit for 'Belichicking' this one.  

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Huge.

Sounds like Devore is back and the freshmen will need to play. Morrison 50/50.

9 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

What an incredible  wealth of knowledge in this board. Football,  psychology,  diet,  travel.  I hope Bill Chaves  is paying attention.  It's all right here.

Diet wise if he pays attention to anything I say he'll be dead in two months at his age. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AJS said:

If we pull this off we have another well timed bye next week. The guys need to lay it all out there today.

• Upvote 1

It's just so difficult to even have any hope of a win today. This team has crapped the bed so many times in big games when it counts, that to get your hopes up for a win will just leave you crushed.

I'll be watching and hoping for a win but not really expecting one. And that's not how a fanbase should be.

• Upvote 1