SiouxSports.com Forum

Next up UC Davis

SiouxFan100

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Kett has been named the starter.

I will not say that it is the wrong decision. I wonder though if he has a short rope.

Are the coaches willing to substitute or will they not even consider it and back Kett all the way?

If Kett is on a short rope, I think the decision to roll with him or pull him for Schuster needs to be made sooner rather than later. 

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If Kett is on a short rope, I think the decision to roll with him or pull him for Schuster needs to be made sooner rather than later. 

If a switch is decided upon, it will more than likely be made just after a game is out of reach,  or just after the playoffs are out of reach. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Starting to feel like maybe Holm will end up redshirting this year assuming he wants to continue to play and is able to get healthy. 

They talk like Holm could play his 4 games for games at the end of the regular season and still redshirt, but wouldn't that mean no playoff games?  I think I asked the question  before if playoff games count towards the 4 games, and someone answered "yes."

8 hours ago, Dustin said:

They talk like Holm could play his 4 games for games at the end of the regular season and still redshirt, but wouldn't that mean no playoff games?  I think I asked the question  before if playoff games count towards the 4 games, and someone answered "yes."

Playoff games definitely count towards your 4 games, which is why NDSU saved Seth WIlson's 4 games for the playoffs last year. 

16 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Here's hoping lots of board members listened to this broadcast. They addressed the negative hysteria on this board a number of times.

Tom Miller and Brad Schlossman are unknowingly desensitized to the mediocrity that is UND football. They implicitly expect 6-5 every single season - like so many other supporters - and are completely fine with it.

Bubba has been coach for 6 seasons and the expectation is still 6 wins; maybe expectations elevate to 7 wins by 2025? How many seasons does it take? It’s comical, though, how the expectations are set. In 2016, UND wasn’t supposed to do anything per the “experts” but they won 9 games. Then, in 2017, UND was suddenly supposed to be a top 10 FCS team, but they won only 3 games. Then the realization hit UND is still a mediocre program. It goes back and forth. Everyone in the UND media and local media - as well as with many fans - is very reactive rather than proactive with their expectations. 

It’s all just very ... interesting ...

• Upvote 2