SiouxSports.com Forum

Next up UC Davis

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

From Tom Miller of the GF Herald

"Ketteringham, playing in his first game since a Week 1 injury against Drake, was also sacked five times. In the last four full games Ketteringham has played, he's been sacked 19 times. "

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4687090-UND-looking-for-improved-play-at-quarterback#.XZJfO5wxA4Q.twitter

Not very mobile before the injury... less mobile now

After UC played NDSU so tough, thought this game would be very slim chance of winning.  Now Montana puts up 40 on them at their place, so why can't we put up 35-40 at home.  Although NDSU only put up around 27.  But we can't do jack against a poor EWU defense.  I'm as completely confused as to what the hell to expect this week as I ever have been.   That is why for the most part I stopped putting anything in the weekly predictions, I really have no idea in hell what is going to happen from week to week with this team.  I so thought that things were primed right for us to beat EWU, but I just couldn't put the prediction of us winning down based upon our track record with them. 

I don't think Bubba is going to be able to lead us to where we want our program to be, that said I'm not giving up on this year yet and i still want to win now and win a playoff game this year! 

A win this weekend will certainly make last week more bearable. It's homecoming and should be a decent crowd. I want to say Bubba finally steps up in a pressure game, but my head knows it will be a disappointing loss. 

I'll watch from home, save myself 4 hours of driving and $70. Avoid being pissed at another letdown during the commute home. 

34 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

From Tom Miller of the GF Herald

"Ketteringham, playing in his first game since a Week 1 injury against Drake, was also sacked five times. In the last four full games Ketteringham has played, he's been sacked 19 times. "

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4687090-UND-looking-for-improved-play-at-quarterback#.XZJfO5wxA4Q.twitter

were any of ketts int's under pressure?   i don't recall any of them being bc he was being pressured.  predetermined read before the snap...long crappy release allows db's to break on it and boom int number 1,2,3,4,5,.......

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

were any of ketts int's under pressure?   i don't recall any of them being bc he was being pressured.  predetermined read before the snap...long crappy release allows db's to break on it and boom int number 1,2,3,4,5,.......

I don't remember for sure the time the defender hit his arm if it was an interception or fumble.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Kett has been named the starter.

I will not say that it is the wrong decision. I wonder though if he has a short rope.

Are the coaches willing to substitute or will they not even consider it and back Kett all the way?

I'm in the same boat, let's wait and see how this goes, but a lot of eyes will be on Kett this weekend. This isn't going to be in the Heidlebaugh / Zimmerman at Montana category which was a borderline insane decision, but the nightmare scenario for Bubba is Ketteringham struggles and is pulled, with Schuster coming in and steadies the ship. 

I said at the beginning of the year, win at home, win the games on the road you should (mulligan for at EWU) and this team will be sitting pretty. That's still a possibility. 

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

This RPO was no pressure.  The photo shows the Easten defender picking the pass off.  Not a guy within 10 yards of Maag up top.  How do you miss this?

20190928_214948.jpg

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

I don't remember for sure the time the defender hit his arm if it was an interception or fumble.

Looked like an attempted pass thru Kelly green glasses. Was ruled a fumble by the zebras and recovery by the guys in red.

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This is now a pressure win game.

To get us back on the wining track, and not into a slide.
To have a better chance to finish good - playoff potential.
To keep building the fan base and attendance.
Recruiting!!!

Must win for UND.  Davis just went to SU, hosted the vaunted Griz, and now back to North Dakota.  Hopefully we finish out and make it a touch schedule.  If we have any pride this will be one of our best efforts of the season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Must win for UND.  Davis just went to SU, hosted the vaunted Griz, and now back to North Dakota.  Hopefully we finish out and make it a touch schedule.  If we have any pride this will be one of our best efforts of the season.

Davis will have the dreaded double down Byzun Griz hangover. I wonder if they’ll even make the flight.

• Upvote 3