SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- NDSU GDT 9/7/2019

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Couldn’t stop the NDSU QB running game at key moments. Poor tackling like some said. Disappointing.

und offense also too inconsistent. Timing was off with Zimmerman and receivers, which is expected I guess considering it’s Zimmerman's first start. UND running game never got going. 

All in all, this game was worst case scenario for UND minus any major injuries. 

Damn, Damn, Damn

oh, and screw the bison. 

UND and Bubba have a lot of work to do. 

Rudy got lots of flack and for good reason. For at least the last 2 years and NOW , the D simply can not figure out how to stop a running QB. Yet the D coordinator is deemed a god around here.

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

We shouldn’t have played these 2. We caved to playing both games in Fargo. We weren’t ready the first time and it cost us a playoff game. We weren’t ready this time. I hope it doesn’t cost us another playoff bid at the end of the year. 

If we are not ready to play the Bison right now then does this program even deserve a playoff spot? Nothing wrong with good competition. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That seriously can't be real.

But if it is.…. that's awful and everyone from the AD down should be embarrassed to allowing that to happen.

This picture should be emailed to Chaves and explained why this is a terrible look. 

It was at near the end of the game according to Bozovillle.

52 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It's the lack of competitiveness and the lack of concern from so many people in the UND fan base.

I have pointed it out many times on this forum and have been told in response that I don't know what I am talking about and I am not a real fan of our teams and whatever other garbage people can come up with.

Well, I think I am being proven right.

And I am not happy at all about that.

This game was a huge measuring stick for where we are and we didn’t measure up. We aren’t a complete team right now offensively, defensively or special teams. I doubt your disappointment and concern is greater than mine or others. I thought we could be more competitive by now but today’s game is over. We need to focus on the upcoming game and we need to improve in a number of areas. We all have our own style and manner which if different than yours is not indicative of complacency. We aren’t going to make coaching changes before the end of the season so, to me, that discussion is fruitless unless I’m speaking to the decision makers. In the meantime, these coaches have my full support until they resign or until the end of the season whichever comes first. The Bison are pretty good right now.  Unless we improve each week we are mediocre at best. I expect us to improve each week. If we don’t, you will need to stand in line to demand changes. My friends, alumni that I know, and former players expect excellence. I can’t play anymore, I can’t coach anymore, so until the time is right I can keep attending games, donating what I can and offer my support.  These coaches are subject to the measuring stick I have applied to subordinate staff in the past. Are we better off with them or without them?  That question must be answered at the end of each season. Until then, Go Hawks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, shep said:

Rudy got lots of flack and for good reason. For at least the last 2 years and NOW , the D simply can not figure out how to stop a running QB. Yet the D coordinator is deemed a god around here.

I knew this quote was from you even before I checked to see who the author was. What does that say about your playbook RUDY???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

This game was a huge measuring stick for where we are and we didn’t measure up. We aren’t a complete team right now offensively, defensively or special teams. I doubt your disappointment and concern is greater than mine or others. I thought we could be more competitive by now but today’s game is over. We need to focus on the upcoming game and we need to improve in a number of areas. We all have our own style and manner which if different than yours is not indicative of complacency. We aren’t going to make coaching changes before the end of the season so, to me, that discussion is fruitless unless I’m speaking to the decision makers. In the meantime, these coaches have my full support until they resign or until the end of the season whichever comes first. The Bison are pretty good right now.  Unless we improve each week we are mediocre at best. I expect us to improve each week. If we don’t, you will need to stand in line to demand changes. My friends, alumni that I know, and former players expect excellence. I can’t play anymore, I can’t coach anymore, so until the time is right I can keep attending games, donating what I can and offer my support.  These coaches are subject to the measuring stick I have applied to subordinate staff in the past. Are we better off with them or without them?  That question must be answered at the end of each season. Until then, Go Hawks. 

I've stopped being surprised that some think they care more than the rest of us. We all want this football team to be successful. We all want playoffs, but because we don't constantly bi&th about it,  some posters here take it that we don't  care. Today sucked and the team sucked and it reminds me of the 80s when I went to UND and the team sucked and I'm sick of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Very well said... stand behind the coaches and team...

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, oldage said:

It is the first year for this offense using players recruited for another offense.  You expect instant transformation? 

Actually yes. Either that or you transition differently. You need to put the players in a position to be successful and you put them in a scheme that gives them the best chance to succeed.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That seriously can't be real.

But if it is.…. that's awful and everyone from the AD down should be embarrassed to allowing that to happen.

This picture should be emailed to Chaves and explained why this is a terrible look. 

Well I posted send me a photo and I can sew you a hawk.... seriously, mine would be a LOT better and I don’t want to brag...I did not vision this.

If I wasn’t sewing for the high school play Mary Poppins, I would whip onecuo this week and bring it with..... might anyway!