SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

Just now, northernraider said:

I'm literally upset about the ending despite have no invested interest....grrr

I’m mad at both teams. The announcers need to be cleared the Goohers were given this win and no way near deserved it. Good quality loss for the Jacks , but many good lessons for their young QB.

Just now, UND1983 said:

The problem with having a new OC who has never called plays before

A 3rd down and 14, Minnesota is going to likely be in dime or nickel, let's run a read option type play to the edge and get 4 yards.....

Now its 4th and 10, Minnesota D line can pin their ears back and attack.....ball game.  

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Commentators frustrated with that play calling. Urban saying MN needs to get going otherwise next week against fresno state won’t be pretty....

Its year 3.....how does PJ still not have a QB???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Pick 6 and dropped hand off drowned the bunnies.

Wouldn't it be nice if another rookie quarterback had the same kind of game on September 7th. (But seriously one player does not win or lose a game and SDSU's quarterback is gonna win more than he loses). Damn that would have been a nice win for the MVFC. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Gophers are not a very good team.  Why do I dislike PJ Fleck so much?  

Seems like PJ came in with a lot of hype? Doesn't seem to be building a great team.
There's something about him that just doesn't turn me on, don't think it's the row the boat though?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Its year 3.....how does PJ still not have a QB???

I think the guy he wanted won't play this year because of his foot in Annexstad, so they have go with Morgan.

9 hours ago, Herd said:

Agreed, low low ceiling QB in Minny.

They could have fixed that.... but the guy they should have will play for you guys at Target Field on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think the guy he wanted won't play this year because of his foot in Annexstad, so they have go with Morgan.

They could have fixed that.... but the guy they should have will play for you guys at Target Field on Saturday. 

IMHO, our QB is better than Minnesota's.  And it's not like our guy is a world beater.  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Seems like PJ came in with a lot of hype? Doesn't seem to be building a great team.
There's something about him that just doesn't turn me on, don't think it's the row the boat though?

He took a job at Minnesota. They are probably not going to be some awesome football program. To his credit, they beat Wisconsin badly at Camp Randall last season too.

It's also his first P5 job. I'd cut the guy some slack since Minnesota is a very difficult place to win at under the best circumstances.

He has a goofy style too though. Certainly doesnt resonate with everyone.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Phony - I don't believe a word this guy says.

Exactly right.  When I saw the SDSU OC tell his kids it was his fault on the sidelines it looked like he believed it and was taking responsibility.

After the game Fleck said similar things from the podium about him owning the things that they didn't do well.  He said "that's on me' 3 or 4 times but was just flinging bs.

In the past he would say things like that and then follow up with the reasons why they happened and it always pointed back to the previous coaches.

To me, as to why I haven't bought in: Fleck has left games on the table the first two years (Nebraska, Illinois, and Maryland last year for example), in which the Gopher record should be far better than it was.  I never loved the year 0 comment he made the first year and hire at DC wasn't great (at least he owned it by bouncing him after the Illinois debacle...)

Big deal that he beat Wisconsin?  Absolutely! However that cannot be the highpoint of the career of PJ Fleck.  They need to win at least 9 games this year with THAT schedule they have.