SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

8 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I am just wondering if I will have to listen to JuiceU rhetoric all year on every thread. Could we just make a JuiceU thread and they can only post there? With all due respect, seeing this on  every topic is getting old.... it is almost a political issue... bombarded wherever you look, listen, or read. Just a suggestion.

GO SIOUX

And here the media has been telling us it’s just the millennials that need their safe spaces.

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just to get this straight ndac lost...

head coach

strength coach?

any more coaches (including the guy who juiced em)???

how many offensive guys

how many d guys

New head coach, new offensive and defensive coordinators. Strength coach is the same.

New QB. Running back is mostly new though it’s been a lot of rotating guys always at this position. Receiver we lost our best guy. Offensive line has a couple returning, but NDSU seems to always reload here. 

Defense has a ton of new faces at all three levels.

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

New head coach, new offensive and defensive coordinators. Strength coach is the same.

New QB. Running back is mostly new though it’s been a lot of rotating guys always at this position. Receiver we lost our best guy. Offensive line has a couple returning, but NDSU seems to always reload here. 

Defense has a ton of new faces at all three levels.

were the o and d coordinators brought in from out of house or were tehy already there?

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Because you can't outspend 95% of the other teams in the subdivision?  I mean, isn't that the excuse why NDSU fell back to the pack in D2?

Have no idea the reasons at that time. I wasnt there. As far as your first comment  we cant out spend anyone in the FCS as we all have the same parameters.Just like they do in FBS.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

I am just wondering if I will have to listen to JuiceU rhetoric all year on every thread. Could we just make a JuiceU thread and they can only post there? With all due respect, seeing this on  every topic is getting old.... it is almost a political issue... bombarded wherever you look, listen, or read. Just a suggestion.

GO SIOUX

Pretty much. Just like we have to listen to the UND hyperbole on our site. You just dont hear me crying about it.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don’t get it either, it’s like they did a sacrifice of 77 virgins before going D1 to bless them with uncanny luck against FBS teams.

And they had Craig Bohl banging cheerleaders before he came to NDSU just for good measure.   Probably banged a few in Fargo too.

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Whats your point?

just wondering how much turnover there was this time with chris leaving v bohl leaving... if this upcoming game with the ndac was last year it would have been worse than the first game a few years b4...but with all the turnover in fargo and us having some stability maybe it evens it out a bit in a few weeks..either way it should be fun

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just wondering how much turnover there was this time with chris leaving v bohl leaving... if this upcoming game with the ndac was last year it would have been worse than the first game a few years b4...but with all the turnover in fargo and us having some stability maybe it evens it out a bit in a few weeks..either way it should be fun

I look at it around the  same losses.  We have some stability as we promoted from within and had some other coaches stay. .Especially Kramer. Brought in some quality people For some reason I dont see much fall off from last year.

21 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Have no idea the reasons at that time. I wasnt there. As far as your first comment  we cant out spend anyone in the FCS as we all have the same parameters.Just like they do in FBS.

Really? Can you point me to the guideline on what the max amount to spend on football is? There is more to spending than scholarships, though there are definitely are teams not offering the full 63.

How many other teams have an outside performance coach providing supplements to players?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Really? Can you point me to the guideline on what the max amount to spend on football is? There is more to spending than scholarships, though there are definitely are teams not offering the full 63.

How many other teams have an outside performance coach providing supplements to players?

How many schools are doing FCOA to the fullest extent in MVFC and Big Sky?  Is there a list?

Good one gundy1124... I agree... me? I am  still trying to get a vision of geaux sioux’s 77 virgins and how they relate to supplements at JuiceU... before this sacrifice AND I want to split UNDColorado’s pop corn....

I just like Sioux football and want to see it succeed “tackled by the entire Fighting Sioux defense!”

13 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Good one gundy1124... I agree... me? I am  still trying to get a vision of geaux sioux’s 77 virgins and how they relate to supplements at JuiceU... before this sacrifice AND I want to split UNDColorado’s pop corn....

I just like Sioux football and want to see it succeed “tackled by the entire Fighting Sioux defense!”

I know you're tough.......and I know the Juice U guys are annoying......but once in a while, like almost 1 in a million, they error and make a good point.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I know you're tough.......and I know the Juice U guys are annoying......but once in a while, like almost 1 in a million, they error and make a good point.

Careful now. If you're going to keep showering us with compliments, we may stick around awhile.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when was the last time a FCS football team hosted a FBS at their home stadium (not a neautral site thingy...actually on campus)...

I would be very surprised if that has ever happened.

The only way I could see that happening is an FBS transition team playing at an FCS team that they had scheduled prior to their move up.

7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

https://goarmywestpoint.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=199

Army at Yale five years ago is pretty all I found.  Pretty rare.   

Interesting. I wonder what the circumstances of the game were. 

The typical arrangement is pay for play for FCS schools to travel to FBS schools. Wonder if Yale paid Army to travel to them.