SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

If you look at the composition of the SBHE and the committee, it was pretty clear from the get go that Heitkamp would not be seriously considered. 

Thoughts and observations on the pool collectively: Four come from an engineering background; one hard science; one education. Two former presidents, two former provosts. No sitting presidents and technically, no sitting provosts. One who is broadly equivalent to provost (at least for academic functions), and one who is a Dean, but has interviewed for presidential-level positions previously. Several have the potential to suffer from similar concerns as Kennedy did in my view (rather not name names). None are local to ND, which is kind of what I expected, but two have connections to the region more broadly. Relatively low salary compared to peers will also be a barrier.

Preferred candidates at this point: Armacost, Stenberg Nichols, Tikalsky (not necessarily in that order).

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Here’s the Vandal board.

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/board/103901/Contents/upchuck-a-finalist-137679076/

Staying FBS as an independent would have cost millions more a year with the Kibbie Dome, but those Vandals fans  never understood that.

I would love for these Vandals fans to come here and tell us about him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NDMoonStars said:

If you look at the composition of the SBHE and the committee, it was pretty clear from the get go that Heitkamp would not be seriously considered. 

Well yeah no shyt......

The Heitkamp stuff was a trolling joke by Fargo media to see if UND would actually take the bait.

Some did, but .......No.

That joke was never actually taken seriously.

Thankfully.

Fargo would have loved watching UND writhing all over itself in awkwardness to get into and out of that nightmare scenario.

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

These six feel.... well,

disapointing?... disconnected?.... underwhelming?.... settling?.....

i guess the best way to put the initial description is....    Hawkish?

Of all things UND does well.. committees, ain't one of them.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Why do we pick finalists that were pushed out at other institutions ?

curious how good they are at fund raising and public relations 

I'd take the guy that was pushed out at this institution.  My vote so far is the former Wyoming pres.  Curious what wyonation has said about her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Why do we pick finalists that were pushed out at other institutions ?

curious how good they are at fund raising and public relations 

Well any of them would have to be better at public relations than the last guy!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I live in WY. I’ll dig up some local thoughts on the former president.

She seems to be the one that has at least been around South Dakota quite a bit, if not North Dakota.....at least she hasn't hung out too much way out east or west? From what limited info I've seen.