SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Vern Dosch of Mandan, Mr. "Servant Leader", only has an MS and is a UMary guy. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Differently-Vern-Dosch-ebook/dp/B00TZ3XDS4  

On 4/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, Rebel_Sioux said:

Leadership and integrity. 

Well I'd like to nominate myself. As a now twice graduate (well, come may) of UND,  both of Aerospace I clearly have a tie to the University.

I'm a Captain,  so I have leadership experience (hopefully my airmen agree it's been good).

In the Air Force, we are taught integrity first as a core value. 

Also, I'm only 30 so I'm not aged!

As a bonus, with my tie to UND aerospace and Air Force officer experience, I'm basically President Clifford. 

Only thing is, I still owe the Air Force 2 years. But that shouldn't be a problem as senior administrators can telework according to President Kennedy. 

On 7/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Vern Dosch of Mandan, Mr. "Servant Leader", only has an MS and is a UMary guy. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Differently-Vern-Dosch-ebook/dp/B00TZ3XDS4  

Ah man. I didn't include that I'm a servant leader in my application. Guess that's why I haven't been contacted yet. Not because I'm still in the AF, live in KS, applied on a forum, and have no experience in academia. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Who cares if he hasn't spoke to her, he has better things to do. 

Since she likes to call the shots, UND should just hire her as president :silly:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, northernraider said:

Naturally women's hockey was brought up but not baseball or S&D teams

Given his comments about "looking ahead" for UND and wanting to bring the morale up on campus, I believe he will keep the status quo on the athletics side at least.  

Now, if he wanted to bring something back... he lead towards academic side (see morale). However, I don't see anything coming back.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

Given his comments about "looking ahead" for UND and wanting to bring the morale up on campus, I believe he will keep the status quo on the athletics side at least.  

Now, if he wanted to bring something back... he lead towards academic side (see morale). However, I don't see anything coming back.  

Being a doctor, I'm not sure if he would be more or less sympathetic to the music therapy program.

48 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4044848-NDUS-Chancellor-Mark-Hagerott-outlines-behind-the-scenes-exchange-on-Mark-Kennedys-job-search

Obsess much?  Good God did Kennedy ever get under his skin.

Living in the past is so not a good look here.  And the GF Herald is feeding right into the dysfunction.

Perhaps they should take a page from the book of Wynne:  Stop looking in the rearview mirror.

What they SHOULD be discussing (outside of Jacobs Op-Ed) is WHY this committee has decided to use the same recruiting firm that got Kennedy hired in the first place. This is what should be more scrutinized than anything at the moment.  

Or perhaps make Kennedy sign more than a one-page contract that had clauses?

Or, because the contract was a one-pager, why didn't you fire him for insubordination? 

Joke was on UND for having a half assed contract with Kennedy....  It wasn't his fault that it was so easy for him to use UND as a stepping stone.  In the meantime, UND is way better positioned for the future and growth than when he first arrived on campus.  Thanks Kennedy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Also, why is Wynne bringing up the contract with the Ralph?  Wasn't the latest one a two or three year agreement?  Is it already time for a new one? 

Heard REA wants a longer term contract. 

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Joke was on UND for having a half assed contract with Kennedy....  It wasn't his fault that it was so easy for him to use UND as a stepping stone.  In the meantime, UND is way better positioned for the future and growth than when he first arrived on campus.  Thanks Kennedy.

I think the joke was on NDUS. They are the ones who ultimately hired and gave Kennedy the contract. If anything it exposed a mistake “the contract”. I sure hope they have learned from this and we will see some clauses in the next contract they offer the next UND president. I have never been a fan of Wynne and I sure hope he doesn’t apply or want the position permanently. He may be a decent med dean but he is not president material. 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Heard REA wants a longer term contract. 

Operating contract has always been annual renewing but until the last year or two was rubber stamped with no issues. Interesting if true. Wonder what the REA's angle is other than staying out of the news every spring. Doubt they are actually worried about locking in expenses over a period of time.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

staying out of the news every spring

I've gotta think this is the goal. The herald might not always have a boogeyman of a president to crush, which may lead to less sympathetic coverage in the future.

FFS, can the Herald be any more obvious in baiting the Kennedy bashing?  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4054061-Question-for-Joshua-Wynne-What-were-legitimate-issues-at-UND

Q: Aside from financial concerns, you say 'there were legitimate issues' on campus. What are those concerns?

Q: And just to clarify, do you think that was a problem going back over the last couple years?

Q: This sounds a little bit like we’re talking about President Kennedy.

What a pathetic little rag.  On its way to extinction, and not a moment too soon.

9 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

FFS, can the Herald be any more obvious in baiting the Kennedy bashing?  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4054061-Question-for-Joshua-Wynne-What-were-legitimate-issues-at-UND

What a pathetic little rag.  On its way to extinction, and not a moment too soon.

Don't know what was worse:  This or the Op-Ed on Sunday.

The GF Herald would be wise heed Wynne's advice:  Stop looking in the review mirror. 

Let. Him. Go. 

Move. On.