SiouxSports.com Forum

Shaw's gone.

Fader

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Let’s start by hiring someone whose primary focus isn’t having a front row seat to watch his kid play for a few years.

So Jeff Bowen and Jeff Panzer are out.  Now what is Bubbs supposed to do?

On 4/17/2019 at 12:25 PM, crb1 said:

What are others thoughts on maybe someone like Rico Blasi? I know he was a HC but do you think he will just step into another HC position? I know it would be a huge pay cut for him. Who knows what his other options are at this point.

Like I was saying. 

13 hours ago, Goon said:

I asked Berry at the beginning of the season if UND still  respected the gentleman's agreement and he said he did

Hate say it but if Berry is still doing the GA then he is in the Stone Age of big time sports. That’s not how it works anymore and there is nothing easier than recruiting against a gentlemen’s agreement.

Big 10 football used the gentlemen’s agreement and got smoked by the SEC every year. Then Urban Meyer showed up from Florida in 2012, tossed out the GA and OSU has run roughshod in the Big ever since. Now they all get it. 

UND has been a powerhouse a long time but will be left in the dust unless recruiting becomes a competition as fierce as the games. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Hate say it but if Berry is still doing the GA then he is in the Stone Age of big time sports. That’s not how it works anymore and there is nothing easier than recruiting against a gentlemen’s agreement.

Big 10 football used the gentlemen’s agreement and got smoked by the SEC every year. Then Urban Meyer showed up from Florida in 2012, tossed out the GA and OSU has run roughshod in the Big ever since. Now they all get it. 

UND has been a powerhouse a long time but will be left in the dust unless recruiting becomes a competition as fierce as the games. 

This is exactly why I hate Be One Gee schools, and The Collection of Racist Universities or SEC or whatever they're called. Recruiting in the NCAA has become a sport of its own.  It's all ridiculous 

54 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Really?  

Yeah, I posted a question asking for clarification of that statement but deleted it, thinking I'd better not invite a political discussion.   But you expressed my reaction as well. 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, The Sicatoka said:

To me, the guy with resume is Schneekloth.
But is assistant at AHL better than assistant at NCAA. 

Yes. Unless there is a specialized recruiter out there.  I’d like one of the NTDP assistants 

• 2 weeks later...