SiouxSports.com Forum

Shaw's gone.

Fader

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

You’re referring to the awkward silence after he makes me an offer and then waits for my reaction, right?

You take the job and you might have to give up doing your mystery/meat/mystery meat raffle.;)

No disrespect but no to Karl G and no to Smaby.  They are both fine people but need more time in the coaching ranks. We need a solid recruiter as well. Eades will never be back at UND. I am not sure who the best option would be but I could see maybe Mannino. As was mentioned it would be nice to see a large search take place and not just friends, alumni. Anyone know what Tony Hrkus is doing these days?

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

No disrespect but no to Karl G and no to Smaby.  They are both fine people but need more time in the coaching ranks. We need a solid recruiter as well. Eades will never be back at UND. I am not sure who the best option would be but I could see maybe Mannino. As was mentioned it would be nice to see a large search take place and not just friends, alumni. Anyone know what Tony Hrkus is doing these days?

So Karl and Smaby "need more time in the coaching ranks," but then you suggest Tony Hrkac for the job?  His experience consists of being head coach at a DIII school and a career record of 10-109-10.  

:blink:

12 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

looks really bogus that he came in and left with his son...   sure there was more to it than that but looks bush league for lack of a better term.

I honestly think he was leaving anyway.  

As far as who's coming in next, must be someone young.  No way Herter comes here, he's the associate HC at UMD isnt he?  Why would he come here to be third fiddle.  His next move is to a HC position.  I think a guy like Mannino would be interesting, good recruiter from what I can hear.

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You’re referring to the awkward silence after he makes me an offer and then waits for my reaction, right?

I was thinking it would be more like:

Berry thinking:  "What the heck am I doing?"

Mafiaman thinking:  "What the heck, another one of my so-called friends making a prank call!"

I believe we need to set up to get the next generation behind the bench. 

DU did it abruptly by going with Carle. 

Berry and Jackson are the same "mid-80s" vintage. 

I'd like to see someone from the late 90s era, a bit more relateable to today's recruits. 

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So Karl and Smaby "need more time in the coaching ranks," but then you suggest Tony Hrkac for the job?  His experience consists of being head coach at a DIII school and a career record of 10-109-10.  

:blink:

Haha, I knew that would catch someone's attention. It was more in jest then anything else. Because he knew how to score!!!

What are others thoughts on maybe someone like Rico Blasi? I know he was a HC but do you think he will just step into another HC position? I know it would be a huge pay cut for him. Who knows what his other options are at this point.

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

To me, the guy with resume is Schneekloth.
But is assistant at AHL better than assistant at NCAA. 

Not if that Assistant in the NCAA is a good path to a HC in the NCAA. I would assume with the right program they would make more and have more exposure than in the AHL.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, 90siouxfan said:

What assistant do they bring on in order to poach Bobby Brink?   coach goon ?

Dude, I don't want the wrath of my sister on my ass. Bobby is going to Denver in the fall. 

26 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Scairt of your sister is a legitimate fear...  but think of the children, particularity Bobby....   the UND education is top notch, except maybe my spelling and grammer.

Unfortunately, he has no interest in wearing green. And yes, I don't want to feel the wrath of my sister.