Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wilbur

UND @ DU Saturday game thread. Will they score?

Recommended Posts

DU might be the worst top 10 team in memory, winning a bunch of tight games against a team that's probably the 22nd best team in the country supports that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol jeebus, you got so butthurt by this year. DU is better than us, but they aren't good. Feel free to disagree. Don't really care. 

Funny thing is I'll never be convinced by this, even though Denver wins every time. I cannot get over how they got swept by that team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yzerman19 said:

DU might be the worst top 10 team in memory, winning a bunch of tight games against a team that's probably the 22nd best team in the country supports that

If you are referring to UND I think #22 may be a little bit generous. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol jeebus, you got so butthurt by this year. DU is better than us, but they aren't good. Feel free to disagree. Don't really care. 

DU:  2-2 against UMD.  Your company line if that’s UND?  “We can play with anyone in the country!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol wut?

I gotta think it was sarcasm.  Your season is on the line, you are offensively challenged, of course you pull the goalie.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

If you are referring to UND I think #22 may be a little bit generous. :)

I think we're firmly in that 22-30 range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yzerman19 said:

I think we're firmly in that 22-30 range

Well there's that....can we hang a banner for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJS said:

Funny thing is I'll never be convinced by this, even though Denver wins every time. I cannot get over how they got swept by that team. 

I think DU is better, but barely, IMO. The record is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

In the ladies room at Judy's

That's the line of the day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Berry thinks Poolman is coming back.

Hopefully he thinks Gardner isn't..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Are you impressed with them?

Because after 6 games I just don’t see it... 

To be honest, I'm gonna go down the middle between you and Mafia Man.  Not sure they're a top 10 team as they are in the PW (probably should be around #12 or so).  I say this; if this series is at home and the way we carried most of the play for at least 4 of the 6 periods then we sweep Denver.  However, Denver gets great goal tending against us (all season long save for our 1 win), is a really good home team at mile high altitude, and we really struggle to score (I assume more so on the road vice at home) so really no surprise this wknd.  However, we lose to Canisius twice so did not grab home ice.    

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Brad Berry once again promises they’ll be back next year and that they need to fix the power play.  Sounds familiar!  Next year we’ll hear that the non conference games against weak competition are huge in the pairwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

DU:  2-2 against UMD.  Your company line if that’s UND?  “We can play with anyone in the country!”

Company line? Lol dude. You're so butthurt.

I'm a fan just like you. You've consistently gotten more and more personal with your swipes as this year has gone along. Why? Because you disagree with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Berry thinks Poolman is coming back.

in a brilliant glimpse of the obvious!  No underclassman on this team would do jack sh$t in the coast.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I gotta think it was sarcasm.  Your season is on the line, you are offensively challenged, of course you pull the goalie.

More just not a fan of pulling the goalie when we have sustained pressure with 5. If it was just another game sure but like i said when the season is on the line and only down by one.... we just saw what happens most of the time when you pull the goalie but hindsights 20/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GDPritch said:

To be honest, I'm gonna go down the middle between you and Mafia Man.  Not sure they're a top 10 team as they are in the PW (probably should be around #12 or so).  I say this; if this series is at home and the way we carried most of the play for at least 4 of the 6 periods then we sweep Denver.  However, Denver gets great goal tending against us (all season long save for our 1 win), is a really good home team at mile high altitude, and we really struggle to score (I assume more so on the road vice at home) so really no surprise this wknd.  However, we lose to Canisius twice so did not grab home ice.    

I think they’re a top 20 team, but not top 10. They do have good goaltending and I’d say that has a lot to do with why their record is what it is. They started hot, which helped,  and tailed off in the second half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tnt said:

So Brad Berry once again promises they’ll be back next year and that they need to fix the power play.  Sounds familiar!  Next year we’ll hear that the non conference games against weak competition are huge in the pairwise.

6th place and miss the NCAA's again next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Berry thinks Poolman is coming back.

Seeing that Tucker has spent most of this year in the minors should weigh into his decision.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cberkas said:

6th place and miss the NCAA's again next year.

If they truly find a way to fix the power play and get any kind of help from freshmen in scoring, they can get back, but words aren’t going to help. Would be interesting to see from Schlossman the last time our leading goal scorer only reached ten.  Not a high bar to attain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Berry thinks Poolman is coming back.

Well I hope so.  Where’s he going?  Continue to develop, that should be his thought process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Seeing that Tucker has spent most of this year in the minors should weigh into his decision.

If the Jets would stop playing Big Buff at defense he'd be playing in the NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...