SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

GoalieMask

Just now, TheFlop said:

Well at last the team still can get an auto-bid by winning 2 games at the Frozen Faceoff without having to win 2 of 3 in a playoff series against St Cloud, UMD, or Denver's barn first..............

That will never happen. This team is lost along with the season. 

Let's break it down:

-Scheel was fantastic.

-They are on a different planet than we are.  When both teams settled in it wasn't close.  Skill, speed, crisp passes, and their PP actually looks like they want to score.  

-Knee on knee hit by Schuldt should get him a game tomorrow.  And to think it was a well officiated game to that point. 

-Our second periods suck.....

-I thought our team had to do pushups for missing the net?  Guess not.....

-Had an opportunity to maybe steal one, but I can't remember a great scoring opportunity for us the third period.

#process

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Your pocket picked is my gave it to him.  Same screw up.

I’m not disagreeing with you, just not pinning this loss on Poolman. It was looking inevitable that St. Cloud was eventually going to take the lead anyway, it was just a matter of when.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

Didn't look good for mismash, hope he is OK.  Anderson is such a great ref.   

Is there any accountability for the officials? My god, that knee on knee hit was so obvious and easy to see and both refs had to see it, particularly if they caught the retaliatory slash. 

• Upvote 2

The garbage at the end with an injured player and no review takes the focus of what appears to be Brad Berry's philosophy.  Get a one goal lead, lay back and try and defend it, then after that fails, go on the offensive again. When St. Cloud doesn't score on the power play they gain momentum, while we always lose momentum. The fact that Berry was happy with the way they played, and blamed it on a bad bounce is very concerning.  It seems that expectations are constantly being lowered for UND hockey, and to top it off Tim Hennessey tells a player " you were outshot, but you guys missed the net on a bunch of great chances".  You can't make this stuff up!

8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Is there any accountability for the officials? My god, that knee on knee hit was so obvious and easy to see and both refs had to see it, particularly if they caught the retaliatory slash. 

Even if you don't see it, an obvious knee injury should call for a review if Kawaguchi nutting the guy in Duluth was reviewed.

• Upvote 1