SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

GoalieMask

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

That was Toddy letting his ego (shocking....yes) take over.  

If you see the ego, and I see the ego, and most fans see the ego, why doesn't Don Adam see the ego? Oh, yeah, he has an even bigger ego!

• Upvote 1

I was crying for Berry to call a time out 5 minutes into the third, when St. Cloud was all over UND, to no avail.  How do you come out in your home rink in a must game in the third period like that in a tie game.  Must not have been very motivational between periods, but to be fair they were scored on late in the second to tie the game and the last few years UND teams have been very fragile, no swagger like most UND teams.  Unlike their coach, maybe they should get a little mad.  Berry should have done a little dasher dancing himself after no review.

Is there any doubt left that Todd Anderson is the worst ref in all of college hockey ?  When he is reffing you know it will be consistently f’d up.  

There is no doubt in my mind that the reviewed goal should have counted.  If you’re not going to count it then get rid of review and just accept that mistakes are made.  It is also without a doubt that St. Cloud was offsides entering the zone.  Not even close, offside by two feet (was the linesman sleeping?).   Was obvious watching live without any replay.  So the the net result ended up the same but the referee crew made three mistakes on one play.  Failed to call the offsides, were not in position to call the goal correctly, and then messed up the review.  Awesome job !!!!   Interesting how that overhead goal review was somehow not conclusive but somehow in the NC$$ regional two years ago the linesman could conclusively say UND was offsides using a end zone replay from 160 feet away.  Talk about lack of standards.

Watch Anderson’s demeanor during games when anyone questions him.  He gets hostile immediately, just the opposite of what a ref should do.  Very arrogant and very incompetent.  

• Downvote 1

Watch Anderson’s demeanor during games when anyone questions him.  He gets hostile immediately, just the opposite of what a ref should do.  Very arrogant and very incompetent.  

you just summed up Anderson's whole career.  Big baby that doesn't actually know how to be a competent official

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, burd said:

I guess I don't see how anyone can be the least bit surprised that a team ranked #23 in the pairwise lost to the team ranked #1 by 1 goal (and ENG). 

Exactly this.   I just listened to the game but it seems like they competed as well as one could expect a UND team of this caliber of talent.   It must be me just aging but I'm not nearly as upset at UND's struggles as I would have been a decade ago.  All programs, yes even the top ones, go through years of poor play and below average recruiting.  I have good feelings about the upcoming years for UND, coaching will be the biggest question mark in my opinion.  I shudder to think what this team would be going through if we had to rely on Thome to backstop us through these struggles.   I take faith in the fact that in at least most of the games UND has played this year the have at least competed...  Frankly I'm surprised this team hasn't been blown out a lot more this season.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, burd said:

I guess I don't see how anyone can be the least bit surprised that a team ranked #23 in the pairwise lost to the team ranked #1 by 1 goal (and ENG). 

4 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Exactly this.   I just listened to the game but it seems like they competed as well as one could expect a UND team of this caliber of talent.   It must be me just aging but I'm not nearly as upset at UND's struggles as I would have been a decade ago.  All programs, yes even the top ones, go through years of poor play and below average recruiting.  I have good feelings about the upcoming years for UND, coaching will be the biggest question mark in my opinion.  I shudder to think what this team would be going through if we had to rely on Thome to backstop us through these struggles.   I take faith in the fact that in at least most of the games UND has played this year the have at least competed...  Frankly I'm surprised this team hasn't been blown out a lot more this season.

I see you two haven’t put down the 2016 champagne glasses, eh?

57 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Is there any accountability for the officials? My god, that knee on knee hit was so obvious and easy to see and both refs had to see it, particularly if they caught the retaliatory slash. 

Nope and there never will be, sad to say. The refs can pretty much do whatever they want from what I’ve seen and the only thing that will be said is they made a mistake, whoops sorry I missed that

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Would have been interesting if Todd Anderson had to announce that last penalty on Mismash to the crowd, like they did in the exhibition game! 

You know what would be even MORE interesting?  

This message board right now if Hak was still the coach of the team.