SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

GoalieMask

52 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Lol and 6 of those games were against Canisius, Colorado College, and Omaha.....and now as Paul Harvey would say, you have the rest of the story!

And the rest of the rest of the story - the 6th game in a row that we couldn't hold a lead (going back to Saturday at Canesius) - The softest UND team ever.

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Oh yah, he definitely did and he took responsibility for it too. 

For someone that gets that much playing time it is expected that it will happen occasionally. You could see how hard he worked the rest of the game to remedy that.  I sure hope we can get Poolman to stay his senior season, but not sure he would want to deal with the rebuilding process.  Shaw, on the other hand makes so many unforced errors that it is amazing that he hasn't had to sit since his freshmen season when he rotated with Wolanin.  Nepotism?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

For someone that gets that much playing time it is expected that it will happen occasionally. You could see how hard he worked the rest of the game to remedy that.  I sure hope we can get Poolman to stay his senior season, but not sure he would want to deal with the rebuilding process.  Shaw, on the other hand makes so many unforced errors that it is amazing that he hasn't had to sit since his freshmen season when he rotated with Wolanin.  Nepotism?

Shaw had a turnover as bad as Poolmans last night but was saved by Scheel.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I get your point but that's why you play the game.  LOWLY Canisius swept us so why can't we, with a program of our stature and high-end recruits/draft picks, win one game or even sweep St Cloud?!  Plus we're at home.  Plus it's on NHL size rink.  But no, we get embarrassed/outclassed the last two periods.  There's gotta be change.

Love The Fighting Sioux, always have, always will, but sorry - I'm afraid the reality is Canisius didn't beat us; WE beat us.  St. Cloud is a team that doesn't beat itself.  

20 minutes ago, Irish said:

Shaw had a turnover as bad as Poolmans last night but was saved by Scheel.

Yah, he tried getting creative and cute with that pass in the middle of the ice instead of the easy, safe play off the boards or glass. He knew it too. 

47 minutes ago, SiouxTrue said:

Love The Fighting Sioux, always have, always will, but sorry - I'm afraid the reality is Canisius didn't beat us; WE beat us.  St. Cloud is a team that doesn't beat itself.  

:lol:

The fact that fans even try to justify losing not once but TWICE to Canisius College really speaks volumes about how far the program has sunk in just three seasons.  It’s Titanic-esque.

29 minutes ago, SiouxTrue said:

You might want to re-phrase that. :) 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I just saw Schlossman’s write up that Jimmy Schuldt won’t face any suspension so question, will UND put it past them and just focus on the game or will they attempt to get even with Schuldt? 

They need to win.